Rule changes you'd like to see in the NBA

jhans203

There are a few rule changes I'd like to see the NBA make, they are as follows, please add yours--

* Move the Three Point line back into the dimensions from 1994-97.

* Count all shots from past half court as four points.

* Allow players with six fouls to stay in the game. But, for every foul afterward it's treated as a technical foul with possession of the ball.

Other things I would consider changing with the league would be as follows:

* Add two more games to the schedule and designate these as alternate court games. Place these in International or other large US markets without teams.

* Add more participants to the All-Star Saturday night festivities. Four is not enough and boring with the Slam Dunk contest.

* Let fans vote in all the All-Star Saturday night participants. Who wants to really see Rudy Fernandez or Tyrus Thomas in a Slam Dunk contest? Give me LeBron!

Those are just a few ...

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

I'm not really sure how getting rid of disqualifications is an improvement, but okay. The idea of fouling out is that you're discouraged from breaking the rules.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

There are a few rule changes I'd like to see the NBA make, they are as follows, please add yours--

* Move the Three Point line back into the dimensions from 1994-97.

* Count all shots from past half court as four points.

* Allow players with six fouls to stay in the game. But, for every foul afterward it's treated as a technical foul with possession of the ball.

Other things I would consider changing with the league would be as follows:

* Add two more games to the schedule and designate these as alternate court games. Place these in International or other large US markets without teams.

* Add more participants to the All-Star Saturday night festivities. Four is not enough and boring with the Slam Dunk contest.

* Let fans vote in all the All-Star Saturday night participants. Who wants to really see Rudy Fernandez or Tyrus Thomas in a Slam Dunk contest? Give me LeBron!

Those are just a few ...

Until tip off tonight, this week has had 21 games played with just 11 players foul out. I do not think it as big of a deal which you make it.

I get what you're saying, but Rudy Fernandez is a horrible example considering he won a poll to get into last year's Dunk Contest.

Well LeBron and all those big name guys are obvious choices but usually they dont want to do it because of the "risk" of injuring themselves.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Actually, I'd like to see them change it to five fouls and you're gone, but that's just me. In addition, move the three point line to 26 feet all the way around, to position it closer to the international distance.

FYI, a basketball court is only 50 feet wide. It cannot be moved to your idea unless you change the court dimensions.

I don't really follow the NBA that closely these days but back when I did I can't recall having a problem with any of the rules. Unless something has changed drastically since the mid-90's I don't think there is a thing I'd change about it. Maybe make the ball more colorful so it's easier to follow on TV. Other than that I think they've got it right.

BB52Big.jpg

I'd eliminate the so-called "star treatment;" everybody and their dog knows it happens. I'd also dump the "home court advantage" when it comes to fouls. In other words, I'd actually get closer to the actual rules instead of living by (mainly) these unwritten laws.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

The only thing I'd change, is getting refs to actually call traveling.

My first thoughts exactly, I'd completly reverse the "2 step" rule they just implemented, it completely let's everyone know that they're more interested in a show than keeping the basic rules of basketball upheald. It's one of the main reasons I dont care for the NBA too much, it's more of a show than a game...

Actually, I'd like to see them change it to five fouls and you're gone, but that's just me. In addition, move the three point line to 26 feet all the way around, to position it closer to the international distance.

FYI, a basketball court is only 50 feet wide. It cannot be moved to your idea unless you change the court dimensions.

Nothing that says the three-point line has to pass through the baseline instead of the sideline.

LvZYtbZ.png

My proposed rule would take effect only when the offensive player gets the defender in the air on a pump fake. I am sick and tired of people getting to the line because someone falls for their pump fake, so the shooter jumps 6 feet behind themselves to the right in order to get contact. If you fake the guy out and he goes in the air, i have no problem with you taking advantage of it and jumping to shoot, but to go out of your way to INITIATE the contact is what bugs me.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I don't really follow the NBA that closely these days but back when I did I can't recall having a problem with any of the rules. Unless something has changed drastically since the mid-90's I don't think there is a thing I'd change about it. Maybe make the ball more colorful so it's easier to follow on TV. Other than that I think they've got it right.

Same here. The NBA pretty much has it right. There's only so many things you can do on a 94-foot court.

I only have two things:

-Limit the number of jerseys a team can wear during the course of the season. One home, one away, and one alternate...that's it. It's ridiculous how teams will have a home, road, alternate, throwback, seasonal, and fashion-themed jerseys.

-Find a way to speed up the end of games. My biggest beef with the NBA is how the games get so slowed down in the last few minutes of each game. Whatever flow the game has gets sucked out when the numerous fouls and timeouts and such....

Unfortunately, this is the case. The drastic change is it's not the mid-'90s anymore.

I don't understand why the world has such a bug up its ass about traveling in the NBA. It's like freaking out that holding is selectively enforced in the NFL, which doesn't cause the same outcry that traveling does, where it's this sort of anti-NBA rallying cry that ye gods, a minor violation often goes unpunished, how can this be. You don't really expect them to make every ticky-tack call, do you?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I get what you're saying, but Rudy Fernandez is a horrible example considering he won a poll to get into last year's Dunk Contest.

I don't think Rudy is a horrible example considering Joe Alexander and Russell Westbrook are the other options.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Archived