Nike Pro Combat Football Concepts

bigmike

Well I decided to try and make a nike pro combat template and I tested it out on Alabama my favorite team. If Alabama were to wear these in real life I'm guessing it would be against Auburn, and that means this is a road game. The only difference from these and the regular uniforms is that the Jerseys have Colored Houndstooth trim on it. The Nike Shield logo is also on the collar. The pants have Alabama written on the back, and the most unique thing of all is the Helmet and Undershirt, I was going for something like the Florida State Undershirt by adding more Houndstooth, and the Helmet has a faint houndstooth print on it. The helmets are obviously white as well. C&C and I hope to do some more teams, hopefully I can get more creative with some different Nike teams.

Presentation.png

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Nice template! I'd suggest you change the red to crimson, as crimson is an obviously different shade of red than true red. I like the pattern on the helmet, but I'd like to see the helmet crimson as well. And I'd do something more with the pants, not sure what though. Maybe put some subtle hounds tooth pattern on the pants. And don't forget that dang ol' flywire on the shoulders. It's a must-use. lol

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

This is an awesome template. I think the color (maybe its my monitor) needs to be more crimson. Honestly, I like the idea of adding the houndstooth trim but make it white and black. I have been to plenty of bama games and the real houndstooth looks ay better/classier than the stuff that is houndstooth in bama colors. usually all the fans are wearing black and white houndstooth anyway, and I think I saw receiver gloves nike made for bama once that wer black and white houndstooth.

Alos, the faint houndstooth in the helmet is cool. It might now show up well on here but if it were on the helmet in real life in a glossy/matte finish it would look great.

its your template but I think if I were doing bama I would get rid of the pointed stipe/feather on hte undershirt. it works for FSU because its a feather. For this, I would leave the houndstooth in the color but change it to black, ditch the houndstooth in the sleeve of the jersey, and make the entire undershirt houndstooth. or sublimated houndstooth like on the helmet. Im just being nitpicky, overall this is such a cool template, thanks for the look!

10titles.jpg

Alright guys here is an update, I updated the red to crimson. I also added the faded houndstooth pattern in between the pant stripes like many of you suggested. I also darkened the Houndstooth on the helmet and the pants just a little bit so it is easier to see in the presentation. I have an idea for Florida but if anyone wants to see a particular Nike team just let me know. Oh also, I tried to make the fly wire pattern but it didn't look too good so I just made it shaded in the area.

Presentation-1.png

still liking this alot, love the black houndstooth. Im still not sure about the dart of houndstooth on the undershirt, it doesnt make sense on a Bama uni like it does on a FSU uni. It started out good, and it keeps getting better!

Like I said earlier, I love the helmet sublimated houndstooth but since you have dark houndstooth on the jersey top, I think it would look great if you mirrored that on the pants.

How about erasing the darts on the undershirt and adding a houndstooth belt?

10titles.jpg

I like that you shaded the shoulders to indicate flywire. Using my imagination is loads of fun!!! :P

But I do have a request. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do Tulane?! Their color scheme is so unique in sports and they ARE a Nike school. Maybe you could use these logos:

TU_Logo_NEW.gif

3433510746_f377b9d833_m.jpg

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Alright, I'll adress the undershirt thing, its not really supposed to mirror a dart shape but more of a round shape, because some Undershirts are like that anyways, so its not really supposed to be in a spear or dart shape but more ao a round shape and its going to mirror the patterns or logos I use for all of my concepts. I'll give Tulane a shot but I'm probably going to do Florida first since I have a preety good idea for them.

Alright next is the Gators, I kind of used elements from my actual Florida Concept I posted a couple months ago, it uses the same number font. However the rest is different, the big two things are, 1) The Jersey is orange, because it is an alternate. 2) I used the Gator Skin pattern from their basketball uniforms, it is used on the pants and sleeves and even the helmet. The jersey' stripes still follows Florida's normal uniforms, I may take them off the uniform but I thought it looked better. The Gators script from the helmet is on the back of the pant and the Gator logo moves from the chest to the pant also. The logo used on the Shield is the Block F seen on their midfield.

NikeProCombatFloridaPresentation.png

The traditional stripes used on the sleeves and on the pants really seem to clash with the rest of the uniform, which is certainly not too traditional. I'd lose the stripes, or modify them to look more contemporary.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

^^ did you recolor those pants in photoshop? If so how did you so that? It looks amazing.

Big Mike, great concepts but i think you could really try some more out there things because these both look too normal. That is just my oppinion, great template!

yeah i did all of that in photoshop

i will not tell you how i recolored them but i will most likely be posting the template in a couple days

^^ did you recolor those pants in photoshop? If so how did you so that? It looks amazing.

Big Mike, great concepts but i think you could really try some more out there things because these both look too normal. That is just my oppinion, great template!

You can select the area you want to change colors and use the hue/saturation and colorize effects to change it. Or you camdo something like davidsons realistic template (probably what the author of this thread did) and follow the intructions and get a highlights lowlights and one other ( forgot what davidson called it ) and then make a design layer and use the paint brush tool. If you need more help with the second way try to find the thread named photorealistic template

Archived