Another Yankees WS Logo

Nesi427

It's nice, but I don't like the gold. I get that "gold=championship," but gold just isn't a colour I associate with the Yankees. If they felt they needed a third colour I would rather they had gone with red.

Ah, I like it.

I especially like that they used the proper cap logo instead of the print logo.

Speaking of which, why is the Yankees print logo used in leiu of the proper cap logo on Sportslogos.net?

Proper Yankees cap logo

Yankees print logo (explained incorrectly as a cap logo on Sportslogos.net)

New York Yankees~27 World Championships

Because the league's official style sheets don't include the actual cap logo. They show the print logo as the cap logo.

Hmmm. I did not know that. The Yanks cap logo was my one little pet peeve on the website, but I guess I'll have to deal with it. Is there any reason as to why the official cap logo isn't included in the MLB style guide?

New York Yankees~27 World Championships

Because the league's official style sheets don't include the actual cap logo. They show the print logo as the cap logo.

Hmmm. I did not know that. The Yanks cap logo was my one little pet peeve on the website, but I guess I'll have to deal with it. Is there any reason as to why the official cap logo isn't included in the MLB style guide?

No clue. The Yankees almost never use the cap logo - on merchandise and signage, it's almost always the jersey version or the print version. This is a rare glimpse at the logo not on a cap.

I hate the print logo. It's unbalanced and goofy, vastly inferior to either of the logos actually worn on uniforms. I'd love to see it phased out altogether.

Apart from the fact that this logo incorporates the cap logo, there are two other nice things about it:

1) it uses the Yankee number font. After 37 years, this number font has become nearly as identifiably "Yankee" as the logo.

2) it uses the proper term "World Champion(ships)". This term had been falling out of use lately, as the kiddies (those adorable tykes who refer to Major League Baseball as "em ell bee") have increasingly said "World Series Champion(ship)". Kudos to the Yankees for continuing to use proper terminology.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Couldn't agree more about the World Championships. Can't stand the downgrading of "World Series Champions" and "Super Bowl Champions". Until the time when another country forms a league that can compete with the majors, the team that wins it all is the World champ.

But wait - this is how they're using the logo?

pMLB2-6968062dt.jpg

Could this be for the pre-game ceremony at Opening Day next year? Will the Yankees wear a pinstriped jersey trimmed in gold, as has become something of a tradition in recent years?

Couldn't agree more about the World Championships. Can't stand the downgrading of "World Series Champions" and "Super Bowl Champions". Until the time when another country forms a league that can compete with the majors, the team that wins it all is the World champ.

But wait - this is how they're using the logo?

pMLB2-6968062dt.jpg

Could this be for the pre-game ceremony at Opening Day next year? Will the Yankees wear a pinstriped jersey trimmed in gold, as has become something of a tradition in recent years?

Maybe on the cap for opening day only but that's it. The Yankees are concerned about 2010 now, 2009 celebration is looong over by next April. I don't see the gold trim happening on the yankees uniforms. They are (or think they are) above such things

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Didn't mean to imply gold pinstripes - I meant the logo trimmed in gold. The Yankee version of what the Red Sox and Phillies did.

Maybe on the cap for opening day only but that's it. The Yankees are concerned about 2010 now, 2009 celebration is looong over by next April. I don't see the gold trim happening on the yankees uniforms. They are (or think they are) above such things

I don't even think that they would wear them that long.

The last couple years, teams have worn the gold-trimmed uniforms only in the pre-game ring ceremony. I can see them wearing this cap for the ceremony, then changing back to the regular game caps before the fitst pitch is thrown.

I don't even think that they would wear them that long.

The last couple years, teams have worn the gold-trimmed uniforms only in the pre-game ring ceremony. I can see them wearing this cap for the ceremony, then changing back to the regular game caps before the fitst pitch is thrown.

Is this so they don?t come a crossed as arrogant, or is it just a matter of staying focused and playing for the upcoming season?

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Its not about arrogance, its about staying focused on the goal. The celebration of 2009 is over by April. They raise the flag and get their rings and then start work on 2010. Unlike a lot of other teams (and this is not an insult by any means its just a different line of thinking) that use the entire 2010 campaign to establish themselves as defending champions, and wear patches, paint logos on the field, etc. The Yankees just don't do that. They celebrate through the winter but once the new season starts everything that happened in 2009 is over and now they are focused on 2010.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

I agree - they'll enjoy the accomplishment, and when the 2010 season starts, it's back to business.

I'm not convinced, though, that they need stop enjoying the accomplishment right up to the moment the 2010 season starts with the first pitch. That includes the pre-game ring ceremony.

Archived