Another Yankees WS Logo

Nesi427

Its not about arrogance, its about staying focused on the goal. The celebration of 2009 is over by April. They raise the flag and get their rings and then start work on 2010. Unlike a lot of other teams (and this is not an insult by any means its just a different line of thinking) that use the entire 2010 campaign to establish themselves as defending champions, and wear patches, paint logos on the field, etc. The Yankees just don't do that. They celebrate through the winter but once the new season starts everything that happened in 2009 is over and now they are focused on 2010.

The exact mindset of a ?powerhouse?!

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Red Sox wore the gold trimmed jerseys with identical patches on the jerseys and caps for the 2005 Opening Day ceremony. They ditched the gold, but they kept the patch for that day's game. The gold, jersey patch, and cap patch were never to be seen again after that. Sox wore nothing commemorating the 2007 championship on Opening Day 2008 (much to my chagrin).

Its not about arrogance, its about staying focused on the goal. The celebration of 2009 is over by April. They raise the flag and get their rings and then start work on 2010. Unlike a lot of other teams (and this is not an insult by any means its just a different line of thinking) that use the entire 2010 campaign to establish themselves as defending champions, and wear patches, paint logos on the field, etc. The Yankees just don't do that. They celebrate through the winter but once the new season starts everything that happened in 2009 is over and now they are focused on 2010.

i agree with everything you said.

i dont understand the point of the gold trimmed numbers and the championship logos. I think it's a great thing for fans to buy and to collect but the yankees shouldn't follow what the other teams did after winning the world series.

BTW isn't the NY logo on the hat supposed to be gold trimmed also?

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta be a fashion cap if it has the Yankee Stadium Inaugural Season patch on the back.

don't forget, the sox only wore their gold-trimmed for pre-game ceremonies. the yanks could wear gold-trimmed gear for just the ring ceremony and then auction it off for charity without wearing it in the game. that's a nice appeasement move that would let them sell extra merchandise AND maintain their unaltered uniform approach.

sig2024.png

1) it uses the Yankee number font. After 37 years, this number font has become nearly as identifiably "Yankee" as the logo.

A Yankee number font? It looks to me like a pretty standard block number with serifs, similar to what a few teams use. Unless I'm missing something?

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

don't forget, the sox only wore their gold-trimmed for pre-game ceremonies. the yanks could wear gold-trimmed gear for just the ring ceremony and then auction it off for charity without wearing it in the game. that's a nice appeasement move that would let them sell extra merchandise AND maintain their unaltered uniform approach.

A few years ago, I would have expected the Yankees to eschew such a marketing ploy. But since they've buckled under and started wearing the silly "Yay America!" caps, anything's possible.

Still don't think this cap is it, though.

Couldn't agree more about the World Championships. Can't stand the downgrading of "World Series Champions" and "Super Bowl Champions". Until the time when another country forms a league that can compete with the majors, the team that wins it all is the World champ.

But wait - this is how they're using the logo?

pMLB2-6968062dt.jpg

Could this be for the pre-game ceremony at Opening Day next year? Will the Yankees wear a pinstriped jersey trimmed in gold, as has become something of a tradition in recent years?

Nice, now the city kids have 3 stickers to keep on their hats! :wacko::P

87Redskins.png

Archived