2010 NHL Draft Logo

jkrdevil

Interesting. It invokes the location but not the host team.

Since there's only one Los Angeles team, it's not that difficult to figure out which team's hosting the Draft.

Does the team host the draft or does the city?

Does it matter?

Like pulling teeth.

So the answer to my question of whether this particular league event is team or city hosted is "does it matter?"

Well true, I suppose in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter but it also doesn't answer my question... thanks anyways

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Since there's only one Los Angeles team, it's not that difficult to figure out which team's hosting the Draft.

Does it matter?

Like pulling teeth.

So the answer to my question of whether this particular league event is team or city hosted is "does it matter?"

Well true, I suppose in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter but it also doesn't answer my question... thanks anyways

@powersurge - Well we're deciding whether to criticize a logo for including a city name but not a team identifier, so I think it absolutely matters. If the team hosts it, then the logo should have incorporated some team-related imagery. Otherwise, it's fine.

@CC - I really don't know the answer to your question, but if I had to bet, I'd bet on the team hosting it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Does it matter?

Like pulling teeth.

a bit testy, no?

I wasn't trying to come across as abrasive if thats how you read it. I was asking an equally important question in response to yours. I don't feel that the issue can completely come down to a black and white absolute of "Does the team host the draft or does the city?" I think in this case its more complicated, and I specifically cited why. Yes, the city hosts the event...but would the city host the event if the there wasn't a team there? In LA's case maybe, but in most other cases no. Therefore, I believe the city and team work symbiotically. I mean look at it this way...who owned the old Cleveland Browns? The owner or the city? Well, when the team jumped ship to Baltimore we clearly saw the outrage that followed and the answer to that question, which was no where near as absolute as evident by the fact that the "city" kept the name and colors of the team. This is why I made the comment that I made.

Does it matter?

Like pulling teeth.

a bit testy, no?

I wasn't trying to come across as abrasive if thats how you read it. I was asking an equally important question in response to yours. I don't feel that the issue can completely come down to a black and white absolute of "Does the team host the draft or does the city?" I think in this case its more complicated, and I specifically cited why. Yes, the city hosts the event...but would the city host the event if the there wasn't a team there? In LA's case maybe, but in most other cases no. Therefore, I believe the city and team work symbiotically. I mean look at it this way...who owned the old Cleveland Browns? The owner or the city? Well, when the team jumped ship to Baltimore we clearly saw the outrage that followed and the answer to that question, which was no where near as absolute as evident by the fact that the "city" kept the name and colors of the team. This is why I made the comment that I made.

You're reading to much into things...

To end the question on who is hosting the draft, follow this link: http://kings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=508628&navid=DL|LAK|home

So the logo fails to represent the hosting team.

Ergo, it's not a good logo. That's all we needed.

Archived