Voting

goalieboy82

who are you voting for in nov?  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am voting for bush. he has done a good job. :flagusa::smileyusa::unclesam::woot:

that's pretty funny....a good job. :shocked:

i'm gonna borrow from our own OSilverbacks here:

George W. Bush's 50 greatest accomplishments

1. I attacked and took over two countries.

2. I spent the US surplus and bankrupted the US treasury.

3. I shatterd the record for the biggest annual deficit in history (not easy)

4. I set an economic for the most personal bankruptcies filed in any 12 month period.

5. I set all-time record for the biggest drop in the history of the stock market.

6. I am the first president in decades to execute a federal prisoner.

7. I am the first president in US history to enter office with a criminal record.

8. In my first year in office I set the all-time record for the most days on vacation by any president in US history. (tough to beat my dad's, but I did)

9. After taking the entire month of August off for vacation, I presided over the worst security failire in US history.

10. I set the record for most campaign raising trips by an president in US history.

11. In my first two years in office over 2 million Americans lost their jobs.

12. I cut unemployment benefits for more out-of-work Americans than any other president in US history.

13. I set the all-time record for most real estate foreclosures in a 12-month period.

14. I appointed more convicted criminals to administration positions than any other president in US history.

15. I set the record for fewest pres conferences of any president since the advent of TV.

16. I presided over the biggest energy crises in US history and refused to intervene when corruption was reveald.

17. I signed more laws and executive orders amending the Constituution than any other US president in history.

18. I cut health-care benefits for war vetrans.

19. I set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously take to the streets to protest me (15 million people) shattering the record for protest against ant person in the history of mankind.

20. I dissolved more international treaties than any president in US history.

21. I've made my presidency the most secretive and unaccountable of any in US history.

22. Members of my caninet are the richest of any administration in US history. (the poorest mulitmillionaire, Condoleeza Rice, has a Chevron oil tanker named after her)

23. I am the first president in US history to have all 50 states of the union simultaneously struggle against bankruptcy.

24. I presided over the biggest corporate stock market fraud in any market in any country in the history of the world.

25. I am the first president in US history to order a US attack and military occupation of a sovereign nation, and I did so against the will of the United Nations and the vast majority of the international community.

26. I have created the largest government department bureaucracy in the history of the US.

27. I set the all-time record for biggest annual budget spending increases, more than any other president in US history (Reagan was hard to beat, but I did it!!!)

28. I am the first president in US history to compel the United Nations to remove the US from the HnmanRights Commission.

29. I am the first president in US history to have the United Nations remove the US from Elections Monitoring Board.

30. I removed more checks and balances and have the least congressional oversight of any presidential administration in US history.

31. I renderd the entire United Nations irrelevant.

32. I withdrew from the World Court Of Law.

33. I refused to allow inspectors access to US prisoners of war and by default no longer abide by the Geneva Conventions.

34. I am the first president in US history to refuse United Nations election inspectors access during the 2002 elections.

35. I am the all-time US (and world) record holder for the most corporate campaign donations.

36. The biggest lifetime contributor to my campaign, who is also one of my best friends, presided over one of the largest corporate bankruptcy frauds in world history (Kenneth Lay, former CEO of EnronCorporation)

37. I spent more money on polls and focus groups than any president in US history.

38. I am the first president to run and hide when the US came under attack ( and then lied, saying the enemy had the code to Air Force 1).

39. I am the first US president to establish a secret shadow government.

40. I took the world's sympathy for the US after 9/11, and in less than a year made the US the most resented country in the world (possibly the biggest diplomatic failure in US and world history).

41. I am the first US president in history to have a majority of the people of Europe (71%) view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and stabilty.

42. I changed US policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded government contracts.

43. I set the all-time record for the number of administration appointees who violated US laws by not selling their huge investments in corporations that later made bids for gov contracts.

44. I have removed more freedoms and civil liberties for Americans than any other president in US history.

45. I have created the most divided country in decades, possibly the most divided that the US has been since the Civil War.

46. I entered office with the strongest economy in US history and in less than two years turned every single economic category heading straight down.

47. I have at at least one conviction for drunk driving in Maine ( Texas driving record has been erased and is not available).

48. I was AWOL from the National Guard and deserted the military during time of war. I refused to take a drug test or even answer any questions about drug use.

49. All records of my tenure as governor of Texas have been spirited away to my father's library, sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view. All records of any SEC investagation into my insidertrading or bankrupt companies are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.

50. All minutes of meetings of any public corportaions for which I served on the board are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view. Any records or minutes from meeting I ( or my VP ) attended regarding public energy policy are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public review.

Kerry is a Massachussetts tax and spend liberal with a weak voting record on defense and National Security.

But then again he always voted for defense projects before he voted against them :P

Bush has done a good job since 9/11 and I trust him to keep doing a good job.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

After reading the above, you still said he did a good job? You are insane.

Bush is the single worst thing that has ever happened to this country, and he must be stopped, before we have NO economy, and NO civil liberties. I'd vote for Puck from the Real World instead of Bush.

President Kerry will be kind to dissenters, because he actually believes in equality.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Kerry makes me vomit!

do you all want your taxes raised?

I don't really see taxes being a major issues here. It's like everything else, they have to go up to come down. It's a constant roller-coaster but timing is everything. I think Bush has had good timing on a lot of the things he's done for this country. I've said this once but I'll say it again. John Kerry would make an excellent puppet for the Land of Confusion music video!

genesis_land_of_confusion.jpg

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

i'd rather have Gleek, the chimp from the Wonder Twins be president, than have Bush for 4 more years.

jayna.jpg

Whatever the hell that mean! :flagusa:

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

GWB_logo_200.gifGWB_logo_200.gifGWB_logo_200.gif

I'm not the kind of person one would call a "voter". I find it very wasteful of one's time. However, seeing the lies and hatred spewing out of the left's mouth (Sen. Kenndy, pictured), and the schizophenic stances Kerry has taken, then denounced, then taken up again... i feel it is imperitive that i vote this year. Bush has saved the economy from the freefall he inherited from Clinton. Jobs were lost, and we went into a economic decline, but it could have been a full-blown depression, and Bush saved that from happening. He has cut takes, and has been villified for it. WHA?!?!?!?! Did i miss a memo? Isn't the one promise never kept by politicians is "I'll cut taxes!"? Bush 41 was run outta office after his "No New Taxes" comment came and bit him in the ass. Now the left is trying to run GW outta office for cutting taxes? And Kerry is running on "I'm gonna raise taxes?" I dunno, that may be a stance he changes 20 more times before the election. One can never tell with Kerry.

If you actually sit and think about the two gentlemen running for the office... Voting for Kerry is like voting for the Kid in the back of the class who just said whatever the teacher wanted as long as he stayed out of trouble. I don't want a preisident who makes decisions based on NY Times polls. I want a president who makes his own decisions, and does them with confidence and conviction. Bush has led this country in what is the most important struggle since the Nazis, and he's done a damn good job of it. Two countries libratred, a despot in custody, and terrorist group scattered. By no means is the struggle over, but i want someone who knows what he's doing to lead that struggle, and Bush is that man. Not flip-flop Kerry.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

If you truely look at the people, you will see what I see.

One is a decorated War Vet. The other didn't show up for guard duty.

One admitted he tried pot in college. The other illegally sealed his Texas records, reportedly to cover his crack cocaine conviction.

One want people to retain their civil liberties. The other wants to legislate morality.

One blames mistakes sqaurely on the shoulders of whose watch the failure happened upon. The other blames everything bad on his predesessor, and everything good on himself.

Look. The president is overrated. As far as the three branches of legislation, he has the least influence and control, but the most exposure and attention. He infulences consumer confidence and national patriotism.

The single thing the president can do that will influence the contry the most is nominating Supreme Court justices. And I don't want him to nominate anyone who is going to support making MORE things illegal based on morality, such as abortion and gay marriage. This country needs less laws, that make more sence. Bush is neither for less law, nor is he capable of making any sence.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

And another mind goes down to the leftist media...

I'm glad i do my own research.. saves the trouble of having my opinions fed to me by Dan Rather and Tom Brokaw...

sB9ijEj.png

I'm glad i do my own research.. saves the trouble of having my opinions fed to me by Dan Rather and Tom Brokaw...

king, i like you and all that plop, but just because someone doesn't share your (or sean hannity's) opinion, doesn't mean that we are believing the force fed plop that you would be lead to believe........i do my own research too. i formulate my own opinions. my belief system differs from yours, hence our difference of opinions.

Liberal Justices are worse they legislate from the bench steeping all over the constitution. If our court system gets any more liberal we are in trouble. We need tort reform, and to get tough on crime.

Liberal judges would have lawyers run the counrty, as everyone can get sued for everything.

They will eliminate the death penality, and make it easier for murderer and rapist to be paroled. One oly has to rember the days of Mario Cuomo and David Dinkens in NY to see what total liberal policies can do to a state, I hate to think what it would cause nationwide.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

if you think gas prices are gettin bad now, if Kerry gets in, look out.

I'm not the kind of person one would call a "voter". I find it very wasteful of one's time.

I say this not as a Canadian, but as a voter in general. If you don't vote, you can't bitch.

I can also say that as a consumer of oil and petroleum-based products in general, is it not coincidental that a presidential family with huge stakes in Texas oil companies have fought wars in the Middle East, to see huge rises in the cost of crude oil?

I now return you to your American debate.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Since I am still undecided as to whom I am going to vote, mainly due to the lack of third party nominees (ah, yes the fringe partys), I would like to challenge a few (10) of items listed in "George W. Bush's 50 Greatest Accomplishments."

"17. I signed more laws and executive orders amending the Constitution than anyother US president in US History"

Not sure where to start with this one. First, the US Constitution stands with 27 amendments, as it has since May 7th 1992. Second, the US Constitution can not be amended by an Executive Order. Third, Woodrow Wilson holds the record for most Constitutional amendments while in office with four (the 16th, 17th, 18th and 19th). On that same not Grant, FDR, and LBJ are tied for second with two amendments while in office

"20. I dissolved more international treaties then any president in US history"

What international treaties have been dissolved since January 3rd, 2000? For comparison how many international treaties where dissolved during the terms leading up to the war of 1812? World WarI? World War II? Korea? Vietnam?

"21. I've made my presidency the most secretive and unaccountable of any in US history"

As with #20 a bold statement made without evidence, please explain.

"25. I am the first president in US history to order a US attack and military occupation of a sovereign nation...."

The last half omitted since it is not essential to the point being made. What does US occupation of Japanese Islands and Germany fall under? Since World War II US forces have have been deployed to Korea, Lebanon (1958 and 1982), Vietnam, Dominican Republic, Laos, Cambodia (1970 and 1974), Iran, Grenada, Panama, Iraq (1990), Kuwait, Qatar (sp?), Somalia, Hati, Bosina, Hungary, Kosovo. Prior to World War II, Philippines, Guam, Puerto Rico and Hawaii.

"26. I have created the largest government department bureacracy in the histroy of the US"

Once again, opinionated statement without supporting evidence.

"30. I removed more checks and balances and have the least congressional oversight of any presidental administration in US history"

Checks and balances are not controlled by the Executive branch of the goverment. The executive branch can neither deny nor remove any limiting factors with checks/balances. The executive branch can however make actions/policy which is approved by all branches, so that the other branches are in agreement.

"31. I rendered the entire United Nations irrelevant"

Irrelevant to what? What is the purpose of the UN? Make flow better written "I rendered the feelings of the UN irrelevant to US forgein policy" or "I rendered the entire UN powerless/ineffective." Either why, point stands as to what is the purpose of the UN

"32. I withdrew from the World Court of Law"

Given #31 why would it matter if we withdrew or not since the "the entire UN is irrelevant." Also does this refer to the actual "UN World Court of Law" the same court in which American Thomas Buergenthal sits on (where he has since March 2, 2000). Also the "UN World Court of Law" is still in the pending proccess of two cases against the US. Could this possibly refer to the "UN International Criminal Court" which is in the proccess of being sign into existence by UN members, the "charters" for the creation of the UN ICC reside in the UN HQ in NYC, where they have been since September 2nd, 2002 and will remain until June 30, 2004, so that enough member states can sign so that it may be enactd in to force.

"39. I am the first person to establish a secret shadow government"

The problem with this once lies in the denotation and conotation of the word "establish." See: National Security Decision Directive 188 (signed 9/16/85, by Reagan), Executive Order 12472 (10/88 Reagan) Executive Order 11851 (10/2/62 JFK) Executive Order 11490 ( 10/69 Nixon). Apparently somehing about September and November makes people go security crazy.

"44. I have removed more freedoms and civil liberites for Americans than anyother president in US history"

Statement lacks supporting evidence

OSilverbacks, I am not sure if you wrote this yourself or not, if you did it is an amusing well written satirical piece, and I comend you for it. Also I am not trying to demean your stance, intelligence, etc or anything along the lines of that, just merely refuting statements and creating opposing ones based upon the points you provided. Anyone could (can and more then likely will) do the same with my post. If you did not write this yourself, who did and where did you find it?

dmr

king, i like you and all that plop, but just because someone doesn't share your (or sean hannity's) opinion...

Whoawhoawhoawhoa!!!!!!!! Do not, and i repeat, DO NOT EVER, say my name in the same breath as Sean Hannity's....

EVER.....

sB9ijEj.png

Archived