Strange vintage Jacksonville Jaguars hat found on eBay

drj983

In my opinion could be one of two things. Either a High School with "JJ" initials or a Christmas hat. I remember that the Jags have big onto the Christmas thing in the past (ie-hat on the cat at midfield, etc.). Other than that ... all I can say is that this is eBay, where crap sells.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

In my opinion could be one of two things. Either a High School with "JJ" initials or a Christmas hat. I remember that the Jags have big onto the Christmas thing in the past (ie-hat on the cat at midfield, etc.). Other than that ... all I can say is that this is eBay, where crap sells.

It's definitely an NFL hat. If you click through to the eBay link, you can see a picture of the inside of the hat, where a "Team NFL" tag is clearly visible. Also, it's an official New Era hat - the seller has a good reputation for finding quality vintage sports items, and he doesn't sell fakes. I find myself thinking this is some kind of prototype that got leaked.

dsc09987t.jpg

Whats with the Newport cigarettes ad??

It's the seller's "logo" - it's how certain sellers on eBay brand their auctions/pictures so that other, less scrupulous sellers can't steal their photos and try to pass off the goods as their own.

Yeah, but unless that's his username it's not much help. Especially since re-using old photos from other people's auctions is not only okay, it's now official eBay policy.

In most cases, it is. In this case, it is, but with a slight twist - his user name replaces "For" with "4" and "To' with "2."

In the early 90s they had PROLINE hats that were based on the City or Team Intials (or both).

Like so.

12-14-20098-12-06PM.png

12-14-20098-13-19PM.png

Fashion hats, like the Jags one followed. Most of them were earthtones.

However, since I remember these before 1994, it may be a prototype of some sort. But I assume its a fashion hat.

In the early 90s they had PROLINE hats that were based on the City or Team Intials (or both).

Like so.

12-14-20098-12-06PM.png

12-14-20098-13-19PM.png

Fashion hats, like the Jags one followed. Most of them were earthtones.

However, since I remember these before 1994, it may be a prototype of some sort. But I assume its a fashion hat.

I had the Denver Broncos version of that hat. It was a dark royal with a black bill and top button. It had an interlocking "DB". I loved that hat.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived