Prototype North Stars logo

risio

the logo in your avatar is so f'ing great, yet the 'prototype' logo, while extremely similar, is so f'ing terrible. They certainly made the correct decision.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It's so subtle...but yes, the actual logo choice is miles better than the one they chose. Notice (aside from the star differences) that they kinda mirrored things. They straightened the serif, then angled the arrow. Is that more of a substantial change...or is it the star?...I'm not 100% sure.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

NorthStarsPre-Season1967Logo-1.jpg

First National Bank of Shakopee. Member FDIC.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I love a great letter logo. And it seems pro hockey has more of them than any other pro league. There (was) this, the Quebec Nordiques, the Hartford Whalers, Atlanta Flames...now there's the Calgary Flames and the New Jersey Devils. Love them. (I know I'm leaving one or more out, but I think y'all get the drift.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I love a great letter logo. And it seems pro hockey has more of them than any other pro league. There (was) this, the Quebec Nordiques, the Hartford Whalers, Atlanta Flames...now there's the Calgary Flames and the New Jersey Devils. Love them. (I know I'm leaving one or more out, but I think y'all get the drift.)

Baseball? That's almost all that is on the hats on the field. Primary logo, NHL wins, maybe, but I think, overall, baseball has it beat.

Flyers.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Baseball? That's almost all that is on the hats on the field. Primary logo, NHL wins, maybe, but I think, overall, baseball has it beat.

Well most of baseball's letter logos are simply a single letter or two linked together. Most of them do look nice, no question, but I think hockey's got them beat on actually turning a letter(s) into a logo.

Archived