2010 MLB Stars & Stripes Caps

soxkrazy

Now that it's officially 2010, I feel I can throw this out there. Will the 2010 Stars & Stripes caps follow the pattern of the past couple of years and be all white? Will they be some combo of Old Glory's colors (red crown, blue bill or vice versa)? Or will they scrap the whole idea altogether? Discuss!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kinda want to see the hats in the teams regular colors, but with the stars and stripes in the logo. For example, the Pirates P logo in stars and stripes on their regular black hat. Not sure that they would ever do this as they probably wouldn't sell as many, and as we all know, it is more about money than asthetics.

• 3 months later...

I believe that they should either stay with the Red hats or go back to the Navy hats. I'm not sure about the white or cream color hat, I would have to see a picture of it first. I would have to disagree with the idea of them using the teams colors with the flag themed logo on it. I think it would look bad with some of the teams hats (i.e. A's, Giants, Orioles).

the hats have a white crown with, most likely, a navy brim.

quite frankly, i don't know why they can't produce two extra uniforms. they do it for replica jerseys for retail. why can't they just produce the teams' looks fashioned in red, white and blue and pair them with a stars and stripes cap? i know they'd have to make two sets (one home, one road) since the caps are used for multiple series, but seriously, why go halfway? either go full boar or go home. that's just my opinion.

sig2024.png

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking at the Nationals website for promotional give-aways when I came across this:

replicastarsandstripes.jpg

It's marked as the "replica patriotic cap" and they'll be giving it away on July 3rd at home against the Mets. Obviously for it to be a replica, it would have to replicate something. This leads me to believe that the 2010 Stars & Stripes cap will be a white crown with a blue bill and S&S team logo.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure I care for the general concept of white-crowned caps but I do like having some caps using red and some blue, since that should provide a better match with each teams uniform.

Here's the rundown:

RED - Angels, Astros, Blue Jays (Canadian flag), Cardinals, D'backs, Giants, Phillies, Pirates, Rangers, Red Sox, Reds, Rockies,

BLUE - A's, Braves, Brewers, Cubs, Dodgers, Indians (again using alt C logo), Mariners, Marlins, Mets, Nationals (should be red!), Orioles (again using alt O's logo), Padres, Rays, Royals, Tigers, Twins, White Sox, Yankees

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

Not sure I care for the general concept of white-crowned caps but I do like having some caps using red and some blue, since that should provide a better match with each teams uniform.

No offense, but I like the idea of each team wearing their regular cap instead of a bunch of caps designed to give a "portion of the proceeds" to charity and the rest going into the pockets of New Era, MLB and the teams. Money grab.

If MLB and New Era wanted to honor the troops, they'd take last year's profit margin off these caps, match that this year and not make the caps for this year.

Add me to the list of those who will NOT be purchasing this cap. It's white. I would have been fine if the BILLS on the cap were white or even the button at the top being white, but not the entire crown being white. That is just nuts. Plus 36 friggin bucks. No thanks, Mr. Selig.

I would have considered purchasing any of the 3 styles of hats if MLB would actually disclose the amount of money that is supposed to be donated to charity from the sale of these hats. Until then this is nothing but a shameless promotion by MLB playing upon people's sense of Patriotism. Haven't been a fan at all of these one bit.

On the matter of this year's style, the white crown looks horrendous. And using the red and blue once again instead of a team's actual color still still lead to some mismatches (A's and Giants in red? Marlins and Orioles in blue?). Terrible promotion overall MLB.

I like these, but only for the teams that will actually match in them. Are the Twins the only team that wears the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, etc. caps? I can't find any pics, but I'm sure they're out there. I think the players pick which cap they want to wear and that's what they wear for the game.

Edit- Morneau in an Army cap.

justin-morneau-army-hat.jpg

not going to lie, i dig the white crown. although someone has to explain to me how the american flag changed from royal to navy blue. can anyone? the s&s caps, the USA olympic gear...everything. navy replaced royal i guess sometime in the '90s and it drives me nuts!

sig2024.png

Archived