My (Personal) Football League Redesign

CJworks

Wow, it's suprising to see that this is still getting some love. Thanks guys.

The reason Philadelphia doesn't have a team is because I didn't think of it 6 years ago. I just expanded on the teams that I've alteady got, plus these small-market teams are something we usually don't come across. It's nice to see a change every now and then.

I've had this final team done since the beginning of summer, I just plan on realeasing it with all of the other teams in one big professional package. I plan on using photo-realistic helmet templates, maybe action templates, but I promise I won't let you all down. It'll just be one big portfolio project.

Also, it looks like my home computer is on it's last leg, I don't know what my little brothers have been doing to it but it's not as peppy as it used to be, but we'll see where that goes.

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

2011 Playoffs

1st Round

West:

(8) Portland Huskies vs. (1) Phoenix Skyhawks. Score: 41-17

The undefeated Phoenix Skyhawks were tipped as favorites to beat the 8-8 Huskies, who managed to sneak into the playoffs by winning their last two games. The Skyhawks have a very strong offense but a rather weak defense. At the end of the third quarter, the score was tied at 17-all. Portland held the Skyhawks scoreless in the fourth, and scored 3 touchdowns plus a field goal to win the game 41-17.

(4) LA Aztecs vs. (5) Washington Knights. Score: 33-30

(2) NY Lightning vs. (7) Dakota Rhinos. Score: 45-6

(3) Topeka Indians vs. (6) Miami Pirates. Score: 23-16

The Topeka Indians made an astounding turnaround - they were at the bottom of the league at 3-13 last season. This season they have climbed up to 11-5, all thanks to #1 draft pick RB Johan Northcutt (#40). Northcutt made the winning TD in this home game against the Pirates.

East:

(1) Chicago Dragons vs. (8) Dallas Talons. Score: 41-23

(5) Cincinnati Vultures vs. (4) Florida Sharks. Score: 21-9

The Sharks lose at home. That didn't stop Sharks kicker Keith Moss (#8) from proposing to his longtime girlfriend, cheerleader Marilyn McRoberts, right on the field after the game.

(2) NY Emperors vs. (7) Asheville Mountaineers. Score: 18-12

(3) Motor City Mustangs vs. (6) Minnesota Bruins. Score: 30-15

The Bruins decided that wearing their throwback jersey will give them the success of the old Brooklyn Bruins team. Mustangs QB Markus Burleson (#12) and HB Ian Thomas (#35) decided otherwise. The pair made three of the Mustangs' four touchdowns in the game.

Q'Finals

West:

(2)NY Lightning vs. (3) Topeka Indians. Score: 42-36

(4)LA Aztecs vs. (8) Portland Huskies. Score: 48-21

The Aztecs lost their star FB Andre Cason (#37) to a foot injury on their last game. Portland took advantage of this and led the Aztecs 21-0 at the half. During halftime, LA were discussing their strategies when Cason came up to them and casually told the coach to put him in. The Aztecs suddenly felt a surge of inspiration and tore through the Huskies defense to win 48-21.

East:

(1) Chicago Dragons vs. (5) Cincinnati Vultures. Score: 41-0

The Dragons showed no mercy against the Vultures from the start. Cincy actually won the coin toss at the start of the game, but the Dragons defense prevented them from scoring all game long.

(2) NY Emperors vs. (3) Motor City Mustangs. Score: 23-22

S'Finals:

West:

(2) NY Lightning vs. (4) LA Aztecs. Score: 24-31

The crowd-favorite Lightning were leading the underdog Aztecs 24-23 with time winding down in the fourth quarter. But Aztecs QB Joey Zilligen (#1) threw an 88-yard touchdown pass to his brother Ben (WR #25), then made the 2-point conversion and prevented the Lightning from arranging an all-NY title duel.

East:

(2) NY Emperors vs. (1) Chicago Dragons. Score: 28-6

Finals:

(E)NY Emperors vs. (W)LA Aztecs. Score: 36-34

The Aztecs were still pumped up from their last two victories (both come-from-behind). They trailed 34-36 after Emperors HB Justin Everage (#27) made a TD and a 2-point conversion. Joey Zilligen threw a pass to Ben, who was tackled 13 yards from the goal line. They didn't gain any yardage on their first two downs, and Joey was pushed back by 3 yards on the third. On the fourth down, LA decided to go for the field goal and a possible 37-36 win. But the kick was blocked, and a sea of purple and gold flooded the field as the Emperors win their twelfth overall title (1964, 1984, 1986, 1992, 1994, 1995, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2006, 2008, 2011). Emperors QB Jamie Bradford (#10) was crowned MVP.

I know this may have pooped up in this thread already, but here are my suggestions for team alignment. Note that I am using the NFL style of alignment:

American Conference

East: Cincinnati Vultures

Milwaukee Rage

Minnesota Bruins

New York Lightning

North: Dakota Rhinos

Las Vegas Crows

San Jose Outlaws

San Francisco Bobcats

South: Charlotte Prowlers

Miami Pirates

St. Louis Rivermen

Tennessee Hornets

West: Arizona Cobras

Austin Lonestars

Los Angeles Aztecs

San Antonio Desperadoes

National Conference

East: Chicago Dragons

Cleveland Bandits

Motor City Mustangs

New York Emperors

North: Denver Avengers

Montana Grizzlies

Portland Huskies

Topeka Indians

South: Asheville Mountaineers

Florida Sharks

New Orleans Claws

Washington Knights

West: Dallas Talons

Houston Longhorns

Phoenix Skyhawks

San Diego Wildcats

EDIT: Sorry for the messiness

Philadelphia Eagles/Washington Nationals/Golden State Warriors/Oklahoma City Thunder/St. Louis Blues/Nashville Predators/Syracuse Orange

I know this may have pooped up in this thread already, but here are my suggestions for team alignment. Note that I am using the NFL style of alignment:

American Conference

East: Cincinnati Vultures

Milwaukee Rage

Minnesota Bruins

New York Lightning

North: Dakota Rhinos

Las Vegas Crows

San Jose Outlaws

San Francisco Bobcats

South: Charlotte Prowlers

Miami Pirates

St. Louis Rivermen

Tennessee Hornets

West: Arizona Cobras

Austin Lonestars

Los Angeles Aztecs

San Antonio Desperadoes

National Conference

East: Chicago Dragons

Cleveland Bandits

Motor City Mustangs

New York Emperors

North: Denver Avengers

Montana Grizzlies

Portland Huskies

Topeka Indians

South: Asheville Mountaineers

Florida Sharks

New Orleans Claws

Washington Knights

West: Dallas Talons

Houston Longhorns

Phoenix Skyhawks

San Diego Wildcats

Nice, but I don't think that alignment would work, IMO.

I rather have it stay with the current East-West alignment

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Northern

• Dakota Rhinos
  • Montana Grizzlies
  • Minnesota Bruins
  • Portland Huskies

Mountain

• Arizona (Tucson) Cobras
  • Denver Avengers
  • Las Vegas Crows
  • Phoenix Skyhawks

Southwest

• Austin Lonestars
  • Dallas Talons
  • Houston Longhorns
  • San Antonio Desperados

Pacific

• Los Angeles Aztecs
  • San Diego Wildcats
  • San Francisco Bobcats
  • San Jose Outlaws

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Northeast

• Cleveland Bandits
  • Motor City Mustangs
  • New York Emperors
  • New York Lightning

Mid-Atlantic

• Asheville Mountaineers
  • Charlotte Prowlers
  • Cincinnati Vultures
  • Washington Knights

Central

• Chicago Dragons
  • Milwaukee Rage
  • St. Louis Rivermen
  • Topeka Indians

Southeast

• Florida (Tampa Bay) Sharks
  • Miami Pirates
  • New Orleans Claws
  • Tennessee (Nashville) Hornets

Besides, I don't think CJ is working on this anymore.

YOZXkBG.png?1

I thought about that, but mountain and northern really seem like the same thing to me. And mideast and central are the same deal really.

CJ's not? Sad. :cry:

Philadelphia Eagles/Washington Nationals/Golden State Warriors/Oklahoma City Thunder/St. Louis Blues/Nashville Predators/Syracuse Orange

Wow, it's suprising to see that this is still getting some love. Thanks guys.

The reason Philadelphia doesn't have a team is because I didn't think of it 6 years ago. I just expanded on the teams that I've alteady got, plus these small-market teams are something we usually don't come across. It's nice to see a change every now and then.

I've had this final team done since the beginning of summer, I just plan on realeasing it with all of the other teams in one big professional package. I plan on using photo-realistic helmet templates, maybe action templates, but I promise I won't let you all down. It'll just be one big portfolio project.

Also, it looks like my home computer is on it's last leg, I don't know what my little brothers have been doing to it but it's not as peppy as it used to be, but we'll see where that goes.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I appreciate the interest guys, but you'll have to be patient with me here. As the years go on, I've been having more and more clientele work piled up that it really leaves me with limited time to pursue personal projects.

Nonetheless, I've still been working on this; I plan to close it out before summer ends.

I'm a little hesitant to throw this out there without having skimmed through all your posted concepts yet, but it really looks to me that you're over-favoring red-blue or blue-yellow color schemes. Granted, that's a color scheme for a lot of teams, but I think some of your concepts could benefit from a palette swap (just my first thought when I started looking through).

• 4 months later...

Archived