My NFL Redesign

dgnmrwrw

Glad to see the project completed no thanks to the bandwidth mumbo jumbo. As for the AFC West: I can live with the Chargers' blue helmets but I would like to see a set with the white helmet. The shoulder stripe on the Raiders seem out of place. I guess the fact they haven't change their look in forever, any change would seem like a minor shock. The Broncos and Chiefs look good as they are.

Overall I love the whole thing. I do kinda wish you hadn't changed the Buccaneers helmets. I just really took to the original set of colors with the new branding, though I do like how you tweaked the pants striping. I hope you decide to do a redesign on other football leagues (CFL, UFL) or the NCAA because I think you have a good thing going.

7824_large.jpg

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Denver looks really slick, I'ma real fan of that one. It just looks so much more consistant and completed, not that their currents are bad, but it just looks unfinished. For San Diego, on the other hand, you've nailed it except for the fact that you took out the gold from the home numbers. That being said, I'd make the inner-most stripe powder and the one outside it gold.

Great job with this one, one of your best.

Excellent work on all the NFL redesigns.

I especially liked the Giants redesign concept, as well as having the orange jersey as the primary home jersey for both the Bengals and Broncos.

YOZXkBG.png?1

Here is my divisional C&C as usual:

Broncos: These would be the best without the numbers being italicized.

Chiefs: Remind me of the Flames' mid-late 90's uniforms.

Raiders: I hate to say it, but the current look is the best you can get with silver and black.

Chargers: I prefer the white bolts from the 90's, and the bolts on the pants to be straight.

Thanks for the feedback. People had various suggestions for the Chargers, some of which I had already considered. Without a doubt, the lack of yellow in the numbers was bothering me the most about what I originally posted. I just couldn't come up with a way to integrate the yellow that didn't blend the two blues and yellow into a greenish color, especially where the powder blue abuts the yellow and when viewed from afar. I don't like that about the Chargers' current numbers, and it's more pronounced on the blue jerseys than it is on the white.

On the white helmet issue, two things about the white helmet bother me. First, the bolt loses some of its brightness and contrast on a white helmet. When the bolt, which is mainly three very bright colors (yellow, powder blue, and white) is set against the dark blue background, it really stands out. I think this is why, when the Chargers use the bolt on jerseys and pants, it's always on a dark blue background. So the second point is: if you're going to put it on a dark background everywhere else, just make the helmet dark blue and keep everything consistent.

Finally, the white bolt looks ok to me, but it really downplays both the yellow and the powder blue. So I don't think it's a better solution.

But, I've reproduced some mock ups here showing all kinds of options. I'd be interested to hear thoughts on which combination of all these would work best.

Original Home (blue helmet, no yellow on numbers)

New Home 1 (white helmet, yellow on numbers)

New Home 2 (blue helmet, white bolt, yellow on numbers)

New Road (blue helmet, yellow on numbers)

New Road alt (white helmet, yellow on numbers)

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Why do you do this to me, man! :wacko: Seriously all these are good, but I'm one of those purists I guess who always had a liking for the original powder blues with the white helmets. So I'll vote for new home 1 and new road alt. But I wouldn't throw away the others. Out of those the blue helmet with the white bolt looks better to me. Thanks though for listening to everyone's comments.

7824_large.jpg

NFC East

Dallas Cowboys, Perfect.

New York Giants, I appreciate that you were trying to bring a level of consistency, and what you have does look good. Still, for whatever reason, I like the current blue and white jersey better then the version you have which includes red.

Philadelphia Eagles, again, Perfect.

Washington Redskins, Wow, hit the nail on the head again. Nice job blending the current and spear uniforms together.

AFC East

Buffalo Bills, VERY nice. No complaints.

Miami Dolphins, Fantastic.

New England Patriots, the first one of these that I don't really like, I'm sorry to say. I like the idea, but I just don't think it translates that well.

New York Jets, Different, but I think it could be pulled off. I really like the return to the 70's-90's logo.

NFC South

Atlanta Falcons, Great job cleaning up the current Falcons design while still leaving the key pieces in tact.

Carolina Panthers, Can't say I like the lose of silver. The Panthers are currently, in my opinion, near perfect.

New Orleans Saints, Fantastic. The only complaint I have is the black fdl on the black jersey. The gold version would work better.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Not a fan, unfortunately. I just don't like the way the red and orange play off of each other.

AFC South

Houston Texans, This is a case where uniformity isn't always best. I get that you wanted to pull everything together, but I think the slight mismatching the Texans currently have works better.

Indianapolis Colts, Big points for bringing grey back to the Colts. Well done.

Jacksonville Jaguars, I like this. It builds off of the trends started with their current set, but actually takes them in a direction that could work. The black alternate is really nice. Great job.

Tennessee Titans, Not a fan of the lack of red. Specifically because the logo is derived from the Tennessee state flag, which is mostly red.

NFC North

Chicago Bears, Near perfect. The only thing I don't like is the white-on-white look. The Bears should always wear navy pants with their white jerseys.

Detroit Lions, It's what they have now minus the goofy number font, and all the better for it. A small tweak, but a necessary one. Nice work.

Green Bay Packers, Very nice, but the colours look washed out.

Minnesota Vikings, Perfect. New without being a clown suite.

AFC North

Baltimore Ravens, Some neat ideas, but to similar to your Jags concept.

Cincinnati Bengals, Perfect.

Cleveland Browns, Kudos for putting a logo on the helmet. My only complaint is that it isn't the logo I would have preferred.

Pittsburgh Steelers, Fantastic.

NFC West

Arizona Cardinals, My least favourite. I don't like the red helmets or the addition of yellow into the uniforms beyond the logo.

St. Louis Rams, I'm a fan of the SB era Rams set, so I like this, but I'm not sure how the ram horn sleeves would work with today's jersey cuts.

San Francisco 49ers, This seems a little to plain.

Seattle Seahawks, Neat set. No real complaints.

AFC West

Denver Broncos, Very nice, but I would look at going with their current number font.

Kansas City Chiefs, Perfect.

Oakland Raiders, It's a small addition, but it makes the uniforms look 10x better in my opinion, nice work.

San Diego Chargers, Eh, you have some good ideas, but they're just not coming together. The first thing I would recommend would be to straighten out the bolts on the pants. The wavy bolt never looked right. Your recent revisions with yellow in the numbers and white helmets are easily the best, though I would recommend that blue pants be paired with the white jerseys. I would also look into possibly dropping the powder blue.

Well, there was no more feedback, so I went ahead and finished the Chargers. I added yellow to all the numerals. I think this is the best solution.

So now this thing is officially finished. Thanks to everyone who provided feedback and followed this throughout. Below there's a final sheet of the helmets. I think there's a lot of variety here, which was one of my goals.

Helmets.png

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

• 1 month later...

Hey man I'm a HUGE Giants fan and I saw the link to this thread on the Giants.com message boards because somebody put your home and away concepts in a Uniform thread we were discussing and I gotta tell you.... For one I LOVE what you did with ours....... just LOVE IT but then I had to look at the rest of them and I gotta tell you aside from maybe 4-5 of them(Jags, Eagles, Ravens, 49ers, and Chargers) I didn't have ANY complaints with either of them... and i hate the jets but the way you incorporated the 80s logo into a whole pattern was just GORGEOUS and the Bills red was hot. Not blowing smoke up your rear end but I gotta say man you are DEFINITELY on to something with all of these. They were modern but you could see the homage you paid to the essence of the teams' heritage. Awesome work man... AWESOME.

One thing you're missing that makes them look a little less "authentic" in my eyes is the wordmark a lot of teams have below the NFL shield on the chest. But that's just my opinion. Otherwise most of these look phenomenal.

One thing you're missing that makes them look a little less "authentic" in my eyes is the wordmark a lot of teams have below the NFL shield on the chest. But that's just my opinion. Otherwise most of these look phenomenal.

I'm sure that you are a knowlegeable sports fan, and your avatars and sig have nothing to do with that LOL.... having said that I'm pretty sure if he could have he would but then that would have been just ICING on the cake LOL, wouldn't those look beautiful in the New Stadium though man?

Archived