Two New Concept Sets

CDunn

Well, since that other Sabres concept has dropped off the first page I'll introdice mine.

But first, my Sharks design.

I've had this idea in my head for a little while now and finally decided to do it. Something about the currents just don't do it for me. I think it's the mesh style, the different pattern on the sleeves for the home and roads, and that black stripe on the back of the homes that doesn't match the front. It's a good idea, they just messed up some parts. So instead of just fixing that, I decided to go a completely original design while keeping some of the feel of the currents. If you wanted to analyze this you could say the sleeve stripes are kind of like a wave and a shark fin. I just pulled that out of my buscuits, don't know if anybody else here is feeling that. Anywho, I just think it looks cool.

HOME

ROAD

Sabres: I've done a helluva lot of these. I think these might be my favorite so far. I've been looking at the old Devils jerseys, Team Canada's alts, and one of js*'s alternate Sabres concepts and thought one thing: the sleeves are upside down. The big stripe is up top with the thinner one closer to the cuff, but then it gets reversed on the hem. Why? Why not have the big stripe lower and keep the hem? Made sense to me. So yeah, this is pretty close to one of js's alt designs, one of two jerseys he did that I liked. I just wanted to give my personal spin to it. The gold would not be shimmer material, but rather that material with the sparkly thread weaved in(I think Dallas, LA, Carolina, Ottawa use it), or just a plain flat gold--no shimmer and no sparkle. Also, I would have given the jersey a shoulder logo, but I didn't have a good one handy.

HOME

ROAD

Enjoy! Comments?

they both look good...

but from my own personal opinion i pray to god that the sabre bring back the old colour scheme so i dont have to see anymore concepts.... :D ... no offense i like the colours too, but man oh man... seems like we cant go a week with out a sabres concept... they alll kinda run into each other and start looking the same... ill get off my soap box now...

but yeah like i said bothe concepts were very well done i like them

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Love the Sharks. Good and simple.

The Sabres is solid, though I would honestly be content if they just went back to what they had before.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Either a recoloured Buffalo head or B/sword would look good on the shoulders.

The striping pattern's a little too close to the Isles', though.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Sabres7200

I love 'em. Some have said they are too plain, yes but look at Detroit & New Jersey. Simple is in!!! They are clean looking- by that I mean, nice lines and sharp colors w/o being "busy". Great job Sabes :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I wanted shoulder logos for the Sabres in the first place, but couldn't make it work with having the logo being the same color( The B w/ the sabre, not the buffalo head). So I finally said 'screw it' and put a blue B on the road and a gold B on the homes. Having a gold B on the road didn't solve the whole plainess issue, but a blue B helps. Just click the links in the first post to see the updated version.

Mockba: when I was making these jerseys I was worried they would look too much like the Isles. I don't think it's too bad, though. Compare:

Islanders3.gif

Thanks for all the feedback!

The Sharks sets are OK, nothing overly exciting. They'd look good, but the current set is great.

I have to scream about the Sabres. I love the color choice, and agree that they should use the alt logo as the primary. BUT... your recolor of the logo is just off - and everyone seems to do it. There's way too much gold in it.

Here's one I did - it's clean and simple:

sabres-alt-recolor.jpg

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

They're nice but I'm totally against Buffalo not having a Buffalo in there.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

w_i_b: That logo does look clean, but my problem is that you had to add black and silver cut down on the gold. I wanted this logo to be just blue, gold, and white. Blue, yellow, black, silver, and white is just too much, especially if only blue and gold and of course white are in the uniforms. Also, it's always been my opinion that gold(or yellow) and silver do not look good together as they wash each other out.

bs: having a buffalo in there is exactly what I was trying to get away from. Let's have at least one Buffalo team that does not use a buffalo in its logos.

Keep it coming!

You already have one....

The Buffalo Bandits

With a city named after such a strong animal it's a no brainer that the Buffalo will be incorporated into the identity of most teams that represent the city. As it should. As a person who is very proud to live in the Greater Buffalo Area I like that you can look at a logo and right away know you are talking about the Buffalo franchise.

I think the Sabres original logo was great, how many other Professional Sports logos are so phonetically correct. If you were playing a game of concentration with that logo you would right away say Buffalo Sabres. The Buffalo on top followed by 2 Sabres. What they should have done back in 96 was update but not completely change the look.

F* the Rigas family for all the crap they put the City of Buffalo and the Sabres through. Their whole purpose of changing the uniforms was to make the color scheme the same as their Adelphia Communications Cable company they owned (like Orca and the Canucks).

all the Sabres jerseys start looking alike after a while...no offense but it seems like everything's been done short of me doing a few. yours is a good job tho.

the sharks...reminds me of a sort of update on the original sharks uniform, complete with the return of the shark fin shoulder patch. that said, i liked Team Teal's original look, and i like this too.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived