Brave-Bird's NBA Redesign

Brave-Bird 08

I started this NBA redesign a while back, but my presentation was pretty weak. I didn't feel like the jersey template I was using was doing my concepts any justice. Also, for some reason, I hate flat looking concepts...so this new one definitely makes it look better for me.

I wanted to continue my redesign, but be more professional with it, something I've been working on with my concepts. I havn't used a detailed presentation template for any of my past concepts, so here it goes.

I want to thank the designer of the basketball player template I used here, though I'm not quite sure who developed it. My descriptions are actually on the presentation, so no need for text on these. The watermark is kind of silly considering I didn't do a lot to these logos, but I'm keeping it consistent considering I will have original logos down the road.

This picture is a bit small. If you want a better look, simply click on my blog link on my signature and then click the posted picture on the blog post.

-------------------

Atlanta Hawks V.2

AtlantaHawksconceptenlarged.png

---------------------

Hope you like the newer presentation.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i like the look so far. i, too, was disappointed when the Hawks went to red, blue and white color scheme. i think the red, black, white and yellow gave them a little uniqueness. I like those numbers better than the current ones... but i like the current letters better than the old ones.

i definitely like how you used the newer style but improved it. can't wait to see more.

i just wish Atlanta would have better logos. neither of them really seem to fit the style of uniform... and the Hawk logo and the Hawk head just seem like logos from two different teams, rather than the same time. i wish they would improve their logos.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

the alternate logo looks sick with those colors

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

i like the look so far. i, too, was disappointed when the Hawks went to red, blue and white color scheme. i think the red, black, white and yellow gave them a little uniqueness. I like those numbers better than the current ones... but i like the current letters better than the old ones.

i definitely like how you used the newer style but improved it. can't wait to see more.

i just wish Atlanta would have better logos. neither of them really seem to fit the style of uniform... and the Hawk logo and the Hawk head just seem like logos from two different teams, rather than the same time. i wish they would improve their logos.

It's funny you say that. I love both so much I couldn't part with them, however the secondary is a little off. I tried to change the nostril and eye to make it consistent with the primary, if anyone noticed. But I agree, the Hawk's current secondary (which is way more popular than their primary) really doesn't go with the old mark.

Very good stuff. Love those colors, they're soooo much better than the generic scheme the Hawks currently use. And you've done a great job of employing them on the uniforms. Love the uniforms striping, too. I agree that the one problem is the disconnect between the style of the two hawk logos. If you were able to bring them together (it might be easier to make the face of the winged hawk match the style of the other logo), you'd have an outstanding set.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

the only thing i would add to your layout is a side panel view. that way we can see the detail going down the sides of the shirt/shorts.

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Okay, not to rush here, but I'm going to put the Cats up now. The only thing I will say is, once again, there are hi res pics of these sheets on my blog . Check my signature!

Also, while doing the third uniform for the Bobcats...I drew the most absolutely outstanding uniform ever known to man! But, it looked way more fit for the Wizards rather than the Cats...so all I'm going to say is stay tuned b/c the last concept is going to have you all flipping your sheeeeeeee :grin:

And finally, I tried my best to immulate a checkered pattern here, but it's not perfect. Just try to view the concept for what it's worth.

-------------------------------------------

CharlotteBobcats.png

This looks beautiful. I thought this would go downhill if you dropped the orange, but it turned out really slick. I suggest making the third jersey beige instead of blue to freshen it up a bit. I think this color pallette needs a third color though, something to give it some life. Otherwise, it's really nice.

i love the deign of the uniform, but i think leaving out the orange was a mistake. The Bobcats' clue and orange colors compliment each other so well, that i think it's a shame to get rid of it.

again, the uniform is well done... i just think it would look better with the orange somewhere.

i love the deign of the uniform, but i think leaving out the orange was a mistake. The Bobcats' clue and orange colors compliment each other so well, that i think it's a shame to get rid of it.

again, the uniform is well done... i just think it would look better with the orange somewhere.

I like it too, but I'm trying to create original color schemes. That is all.

**Oh, and to really complete this series, I think I'm going to end it with an all star set

But then they'd be the New York Bobcats... Blue and orange is used by most New York teams.

Geez, we need some NBA fans on these boards don't we? Not as many hits as I would have anticipated, but I'm going to throw on the last concept now--finishing the first batch. I'll let these concepts simmer for a day or two.

For Chicago, I think I had the most fun with this one so far. I updated the Bull logo so it looks up to date, but of course it's still about 80% the same...keepin the tradition! The secondary is on a bball, if you cant notice, and is balanced with the Chicago skyline!

The uniforms are non-clunky, as i would say, versions of their originals. I swapped the coloring a little bit too, again to make a clean look. The alternate features sublimated, charcoalish pinstripes! I thought using red pstripes would kill it.

Have a look. I'm out

Chicago Bulls

ChicagoBullsconcept.png

Well, I can see what you were trying todo, but I'm not sure it was executed well. The bull looks crosseyed, and I think the nose-ring kinda ruins the vibe. The alternate has potential, but a red logo on a red ball is too much. Ya need some contrast in there. Maybe a black ball? I dunno.The skyline is a great idea though, but i'd make it take up more of the ball.

Oh, and don't worry. The comments will come soon enough

Dont mind the bulls too much, but please ditch the nose ring. I like the alternate. a lot. The pinstripes look really good, although the red wouldnt look to bad either. nice work for the most part

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Archived