Brave-Bird's NBA Redesign

Brave-Bird 08

nothing really new on these. same colors. same design. i like the secondary logo... but CJZ was right, the red logo on the red ball gets lost.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Celtics are my favorite from this first batch. The home and road sets are clean, but not bland thanks to the addition of the gold. I'm kinda iffy on the alternate, mainly because of the thin script, though I'd imagine it would look much better in person. Oh, and the template is ill too.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I'm not a huge fan of the Hawks mainly because I love their current colors and uniforms. The other three look great though and I love that Bulls logo. Maybe a black bball would look better however as previously suggested.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

I really don't like what you did with the Bulls logo at all. I feel the nose ring cheapens the logo, which honestly is about as untouchable as logos go. Not just because of what it has represented to the NBA, but just in general... It's one of those logos a franchise got right the first time, and really no point in ever trying to improve upon it.

Not saying what you did is bad or that you shouldn't try a concept, but I just can't see the Bulls really ever using any kind of tweaked/alternate logo.

I really don't like what you did with the Bulls logo at all. I feel the nose ring cheapens the logo, which honestly is about as untouchable as logos go. Not just because of what it has represented to the NBA, but just in general... It's one of those logos a franchise got right the first time, and really no point in ever trying to improve upon it.

Not saying what you did is bad or that you shouldn't try a concept, but I just can't see the Bulls really ever using any kind of tweaked/alternate logo.

If I was ACTUALLY really in control of redesigning the NBA to create 30 fresh identities...to be more clear, if David Stern hired me haha, then I likely would have left the Bulls logo alone.

It is historic

But from a personal standpoint, I cant see how anyone with a right mind can look at that logo and think it is some perfect designing masterpiece. I just don't like how it looks. I'm much more content with my update.

But I totally respect all of the comments. I definitely expected some board members to flip their noggins when they saw what I did with it, but there is no fun in leaving everything the same...and I knew an outdated looking logo like the Bulls was going to get a lift.

I'm just suprised more people didn't notice how different those uniforms actually are! :grin:

Your Bobcats set is light years ahead of their current set. Dropping the orange adds intimidation and gives them respect. It is a more classy look than the bright orange. You did an awesome job with the script and numbers on the alternate, it fits with the checkered theme really well.

I think the Bulls look good. I kinda like the nose ring. The eyes are a little crosseyed, but I think it is a good modernization. The uniforms look clean. The pin stripes look pretty cool on that alternate.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

The Bobcats are a step backward, methinks. The uni template is fine, but not better than their current look--I love the light pinstripes and the sleek stripes on the side panels. And put me in the camp of people who want the orange back. Your color scheme is very soft, desaturated, and bland.

The Bulls, however, are very nice. You've created a solid modernization, and I like the simplified striping. Good job.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

i had a similar idea to this... i am working on my concept slow but sure.

the white looks nice, but i think they style kind of gets lost with the red and the blue. still a nice set.

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I like the Cavs. Very good job standardizing their set, bringing the much more interesting template from the alt to both the home and away. I'd prefer wine-colored side panels on the white jersey, but that's a small quibble.

I like the Cavs' white and blue jerseys, though I echo what has been said about the wine-colour side panels.

I'm not fond of the red jersey, though- for some reason, nothing pops on it. The stripes, the wordmark... it's all just 'blah'. I think darkening the red would go a long way.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

i think you had the right start. you had the main color white, then the side panels blue, with the 2 remaining colors, you made the squares with the wine and gold.

with the wine uniform, i would of had the gold panels, with the remaining to colors, blue and white, being the squares.

With the final blue uniform, you have the win panels, but then i think you should have use gold and white for the squares.

with those patterns, it carries a consistent design and pattern throughout all 3 variations of the uniform. On the concept i am currently working on, i modified the "Cavaliers" script a bit. I am deciding on whether i want 3 or 4 uniform.

Wow. I really like this. That Cavs script is beautiful and it was a definate plus that you decided to go with consistancy instead of adding more unis to the pile. I agree with dgn about the red sidepanels. That would set this concept off, red essentially is their primary color, and it's best if they use that.

Here is Dallas. Starting off, I thought about making a color change. I knew some navy-powder teams were going to get the axe because there are too many.

However, after tinkering with green I decided to leave the scheme alone. The green made them look like the Seahawks, which was bad news bears. Also, the blue and green is a Timberwolves thing, so I dumped it. I actually really like Dallas' current look, and it does compliment the Cowboys color scheme. So, I stuck with it. I made some changes to the primary logo to make it more embroider friendly as well as balanced, and to go more with the uniform design.

The uniforms got some subtle tweaks I will mention. The numbers are now centered rather than offset. The collar is changed from a simple wishbone to a logo collar. The jersey design isn't much different, however the pants were changed because the only thing I hate about Dallas' uniforms is the "butt band".

And now for the alternate. I knew if I was going to have two teams in my series with the navy-powder scheme, which I think is what it will total out to be, I didn't want them to both have a navy jersey and a powder jersey. So, I gave Dallas a gray jersey. The key here is that it isn't intended to be shiny like their old one, but rather flat gray... think Georgetown...as a matter of fact these uniforms kind of fit for Georgetown. The Mavericks script sneaks on!! This alternate jersey is basically something I always wanted to see, personally thought would look cool, knew other people would hate, and knew would never happen.

So, in regards to my own self interest, I did it!! :P

DallasMavericksconcept.png

Your Mavs concept is quite nice. I don't mind the lime green alternates they have now, but this is real nice. You cleaned up their uniforms, having one home, one road and one alternate. It kind of bothers me when teams like the Mavs and Cavs seem to have a different alternate for every day of the week.

Your Mavs concept is quite nice. I don't mind the lime green alternates they have now, but this is real nice. You cleaned up their uniforms, having one home, one road and one alternate. It kind of bothers me when teams like the Mavs and Cavs seem to have a different alternate for every day of the week.

Well, they don't have the green alternate anymore. It was replaced with the light blue this year. I just thought having a navy and a light blue jersey is uninspired, and further--the green didn't look too hot in the logos and regular uniforms

Mavs set is solid. Good job with the tweaks and simplification. I think the alternate could work. As you said, Georgetown can pull it off, so why not a gray jersey? My only concern is that with no white at all, it might look very dull.

Archived