Brave-Bird's NBA Redesign

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im loving all these, especially the Pistons, those are perfect. Im loving that you brought back that 90's logo too. The Golden State home screams Pacers to me, but they are still good, especially since it does look like trolly tracks (like rockngoalie mentioned), and the bridge stanchions on the alternate. Keep it up!

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

alright. for Golden State, i was hoping you would do something like that. To be honest, i would do the bridge silhouette for all three uniforms. I would have the Center Piles/Columns be on the side of the shorts with the suspension cables going down the back and front, extending all the way to the bottom of the shorts.

I would leave the shirts super-plain. I think when you have 2 words on the front, you gotta keep it plain.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Catching up... I really like what you've done with the Pistons. I love the modernization of their current style, especially on the white set. I do understand why you didn't keep the mismatched side panels on the two dark jerseys. That said, I wonder if what it would look like. Still, a very good set.

While I do love the Warriors' current colors with the way the orange and gold play with the dark blue, I can really appreciate what you've done. The classic colors look pretty dang sharp, and I love the idea of wearing gold on the road, if they could get away with it. I suppose they could rock the blue alternates whenever they were on the road against the Lakers. Good job on this one.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Just started reading this thread... WOW! I really like what I see here. Can't wait to see what you have envisioned for the Blazers.

As for the Warriors set, I feel it may have a little too much Lakers influence, yet it still works on its own. I also saw the cable car tracks on the home and road, but at closer look, they also emulate the cables holding the Golden Gate bridge, do they not?

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Okay folks, I've gotten to the first spot where I want some input before doing a concept.

I'm up to the Houston Rockets.

I have redone the logo and made my own alternate, but I'm not sure what to do about the color scheme.

So far alot of my concepts have navy as either theprimary or alternate uniform, but it seems most of the navy and dark blue teams just so happened to be in the first teir alphabetically...I've got plenty of different color ideas coming.

But for Houston I had red, navy, and silver planned out.

Now I'm not so sure. Here are the options and I just want to see which you guys think would be best.

Red-White-Silver (current look, minus their alternate)

Red-Charcoal

Red-Navy-Silver

Red-Gold (mustard gold)

Red-Gold (vegas gold)

Well, i think since these are supposed to be your resdesign so i would go with something a little out of the box. I would go with a red, silver, white scheme, and for the fourth color, i would add a charcoal... almost like the color the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have on their helmet.

I wouldn't incorporate the fourth color TOO much, but it should be a nice contract with the bright silver, white, and red. I think it could look really good if used correctly.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I actually really like the idea of red and charcoal. If you look at scarsofthumper's signature, the pairing of the charcoal and red in the altered Bucs logo looks very clean and unique. It would also properly integrate the idea of a rocket, which tend to either be white or a sort of flat gray. I think it would really give Houston an even more unique identity, too.

From a strict design POV, I love what you've done with the Warriors. My only reservation is that I'd prefer a less generic font.

That said, how would folks in The Town (Oakland) feel about so much City (San Fran) imagery on the unis of a team that plays on their side of the bridge? Also, contrary to popular belief, it's the Bay Bridge... not the Golden Gate... that connects San Fran to Oakland. The good news is that they look similar enough that you could probably claim what you've used is the Bay Bridge and not actually have to change your design.

BayBridgeSunrise2_SanFranciscoPhotos-726872.jpg

From a strict design POV, I love what you've done with the Warriors. My only reservation is that I'd prefer a less generic font.

That said, how would folks in The Town (Oakland) feel about so much City (San Fran) imagery on the unis of a team that plays on their side of the bridge? Also, contrary to popular belief, it's the Bay Bridge... not the Golden Gate... that connects San Fran to Oakland. The good news is that they look similar enough that you could probably claim what you've used is the Bay Bridge and not actually have to change your design.

BayBridgeSunrise2_SanFranciscoPhotos-726872.jpg

I'm well aware of all of this. I guess my concept implies that the Warriors have also built a new arena in the San Francisco area, which is way more appealing than Oakland...haha

Golden Gate Bridge...Golden State Warriors...it only makes more sense that way

Fair enough.

Although, I would say that as long as you're messing with the Warriors' vitals that you should change the teams' name altogether. Golden State sounds like a community college for Chico State rejects.

I know that's not really the point of your series, but I really REALLY hate the name "Golden State" :D

I think those regional names make it interesting. I like how teams like New England and Carolina don't use their actual city (aside from the stadium location). You start to expect team names like Detroit or Chicago. I think it keeps the concept fresh.

But that's just my opinion. To each his own.

Actually, in more cases than not I like regional names. My main beef with Golden State (aside from what I've already mentioned) is that the name claims an area (the state of California) that's occupied by three other teams. With the examples you named, there's no other teams in the same league that play in those regions.

Just to add a statement...

I just realized how similar my Bulls alternate logo is to an old Seattle Sonics logo!

dont know if anyone else caught that...but, yeah. haha

anyways. I should have a concept up today. It's snowing buckets here in Georgia. people are going insane...

Maybe I missed something, but the old Warriors logo had the GS bridge in it as well. You could do the oakland crane sillouttes as another alternate (I'll find you a pic of what I'm talking about if you don't know; basically its the oakland dock cranes done up like the GS bridge logo you revamped). Nice sets by the way; very crisp and clean.

Archived