Brave-Bird's NBA Redesign

Brave-Bird 08

Just an update: mid-terms have been kicking my butt this week + I was in Auburn for five days (missed classes doing so, woopies). Catching up, but my spring break starts in t-minus 2 hrs and I'm not heading out of town until next weekend...so concepts will be a brewing! I'll try to have the Lakers completed by tonight.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are great ... I especially (and surprisingly to me) like the Bobcats concept, even without the orange!

I think the Warriors need to ditch the lightning bolt logo, and I'm not sure about their bridge-emblazoned shorts ... but really nice work!

Richmond.pngCanucks-1.png49ers-1.pngMariners-2.png

Thanks to Gobbi for the awesome buttons!

Los Angeles Lakers Concept

-for the Lakers I made plenty of subtle changes without ruining the uniform. The primary logo was my biggest target when it came to LA, because their current is a mess. My finished primary product is similar to a logo put on here before, but it's just one of those logos that has a unanimously popular fix to it. The uniforms have shuffled. I made white the primary to standardize the uniforms throughout. The yellow now becomes the road. The purple the uniform now has white script instead of yellow, which is a nod to those blue throwbacks the Lakers have worn. The uniform design has changed a bit, but not much.

LosAngelesLakerslogos.png

LosAngelesLakershome.png

LosAngelesLakersroad.png

LosAngelesLakersalternate.png

The Lakers' new logo is great, but the uniforms... no. There was no reason to change the uniforms at all, I think. White is worn for holiday and Sunday home games, and I don't think that should be changed, simply because it makes the Lakers stand out, being the only team to wear a colored jersey at home.

It's a concept, and a really good one at that, but the only thing I could actually see working in reality is the new logo.

Two thoughts:

1. The secondary logo could use a little white, to match the primary.

2. I think you could take the uniforms further. I like the "Lakers aren't special, they should wear white at home" thing you have, but then the uni's should be a little more aggressively designed to go along with it.

I agree, gold at home looks better. I like that you changed the collar, and better yet you matched them with the bottom of the shorts and the arm holes. I think that if you invert the gold and white on the purple alt it would look so much better, thats my opinion.

Quality is nicely done as usual. As far as the uniform design goes, you played it safe. I was hoping to see something a little more out of the box.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

• 1 month later...

Here is more. These concepts are going to be posted further apart, time wise, because I'm starting to focus more and more on the time spent on original logos, as I get more and more comfortable with this whole logo designing experience. When this series began the only thing I was confident in doing was tracing.

(also, yes my presentation changed again. I'm pretty set on this one though)

Anyways, next up is the Houston Rockets.

Houston Rockets

I took comments into account and used red, charcoal, and black as the colors. I did some work on the older script to create something original, however the script shown would not necisarilly have to be a jersey script.

So far all I have is this logo slick. I'm going to start adding numbers, all logos, and the NBA style guide-style template rather than the standing man, because as much as I like the realism the sides have been an issue.

Here you go:

HoustonRockets1.png

Awesome script.

The ball/rocket logo needs some tweaking because the outline of the ship and the lines on the ball are running together and its hard to make that out as a "basketball" Also, you might need to work on the positioning of the script and that ball/rocket logo on the primary because they seem slapped together and don't make a cohesive logo. Great start

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Atlanta: I really like the blend of current & retro. I especially like that black alternate. However, I'm one of the few fans that enjoys a little black in certain logos.

Boston: I love this one because you retain classic & simplicity while enhancing style.

Charlotte: This one is just ok. I hate to see another team drop orange (New York doesn't use it very much other than their court's key & OKC barely uses it at all). I've also never been a fan of those checkered things.

Chicago: I LOVE THESE JERSEYS!!! Each one of them is flawless! I think your logos are unnecessary, especially the ring in the nose (plus the bull looks cross-eyed).

Cleveland: I like the idea of "consistently echo[ing]" across the 3 jerseys, but I think it would look better to change the current alternate to look like the current homes/aways rather than vice versa. I agree with your comments about their logo set & therefore appreciate that you didn't change them.

Dallas: The biggest downgrade thus far, IMO. Dallas tried their hand at the infamous gray alternate several years ago & I can't say this one is much better. I do like the 2 shades of blue used better than their current 2 shades though.

Denver: I really like what you've done with the new primary logo. I think the side panels are too bulky, but I do like the increased prominence of yellow, especially with a name referring to gold.

Detroit: Those side panels work. I wouldn't necessarily say an upgrade from their current panels, but not a downgrade. I like the darker alternate jersey.

Golden State: I don't like this one. It's too 'Indiana Pacers' for me. The bridge on the shorts of the alternate jersey is a cool idea, but it just isn't doing it for me.

Houston: I think that script could work, but the logo in general is too elementary.

Lakers: As much as I hate the team, their current set of unis are pretty much perfect. I don't think you're logos are an upgrade, but I would like to see LA (1) use the 'L' ball more & (2) refine that old primary of their's.

*** note: I noticed you're doing it with headbands, but it'd be fun to see the forearm band colored accordingly too.

ujsignature.png

Here are more logo options. I've gone backwards a little bit, mainly because I can't decide on the color scheme! I might even be motivated to sneak in navy blue. More alternate logo ideas on the way.

Logos.png

Here is one with navy,gold, and red. The rocket is tweaked a little bit too.

Give me some pointers on what colors I should use, and where on the logo.

joker.png

Archived