Paynomindbender - Olympic Logo Challenge

paynomind

MINDBEND.gif

Talented designers we are, one and all. After spending the better part of the morning on the Olympic Logo website that Josh found, I am APPALLED at the quality of some of the logos.

WE CAN DO BETTER!

So, here lays down the gauntlet of the latest paynomindbender!

- Design an Olympic Logo!

1. Pick a city. Any city really, maybe you think Central, SC should host the olympics. This contest is NOT based on whose whole bid package makes the most sence, but only whose logo rocks.

2. Design a primary logo ...for the SUMMER games. No winter, that may come later, (depending on response)

3. Post it here, for us to enjoy.

Easy enough right? Lets see if you really ARE better than the rooks who are actually getting work as Olympic Logo designers. You can call this the 'paynolympic games!"

The voting will either be top-three points based, if we get over 9 entries... Or simple vote, if under 9.

Voting will begin on April 22nd, my mom's birthday.

The winner will get international fame and recocgnition, and for the first time, I will provide a nifty image-trophy for the winner to proudly display in their sig.

(By the way, i'd like to set a standard for these. How about we go 75pxX75px? That way, you can stack them up in your sig line, for bragging purposes!)

Thank you for your attention. Let the games begin!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, I edited previous post to show Aril 22 as the voting date to begin.

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

any country, any future year...

but just summer for this turn. Like I said, if this gets a lot of good entries, we will do a phase two, and do winter.. then compete the winter vs. the summer!

I'm glad to see folks interested.. i hope the results are as good as i'm thinking!

ΓΔΒ!

well done, JQK.... good use of your sword!

By the way, I am entering my own contest, and I call Denver!

ΓΔΒ!

For the love of humanity! Where's my photoshop when I need it!!! I will so be on this! 2012: The World Comes to San Francisco

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Here we go... Pittsburgh 2012

pittsburgh_olympics.jpg

So, there's a bunch of symbolism in this logo. There's the keystone, for Pennsylvania, the Keystone State. There's the golden triangle, which is the confluence of the the three rivers in Pittsburgh. There's the "Pittsburgh" banner which symbolizes the many bridges in Pittsburgh. There's the flame itself with three colors and three points, symbolizing the three rivers, the Allegheny, the Manongehela, and the Ohio. The fire not only represents the olympic flame, but also the steel industry and the smelting plants which Pittsburgh was founded. And of course the whole thing is supposed to look like a torch cauldron.

Hope you like...

Archived