Something weird while play NCAA Football 10

CrookedThumb

I tried searching for a topic about this, and I'm a little bit surprised that one hasn't already been made. But anyway, I was just playing NCAA Football 10 (on PS3) as the Iowa Hawkeyes, and I noticed that their facemasks were white instead of black. Has anyone else here noticed this, and does anyone know why that is?

You would think that official downloadable roster/uni updates would be available throughout the season. I kinda expected them to add Oregon's new unis around week 2 or 3. And it would really be nice if they had added the Nike Pro Combat unis to the teams that had them as they came out.

Why DON'T they do this???

They said it wasn't designed that way. They said that they couldn't just add jerseys. I think that's a load of bull but the whole series has become a joke so I'm not surprised

That sounds like BS considering you can buy the AFL package with throwback jerseys on Madden.
OldRomanSig2.jpg

NCAA isn't Madden.

Also lol at the realism comment

I haven't played the new NCAA yet; I just got PS3 a few months ago. Isn't it still the same game engine as Madden with a few different features? Can you still draft NCAA players into Madden?

Yes, you can import players. (At least to me, but I'm no expert) it's very similar, but not the same. I have to be in the mood for one game or the other. I don't feel comfortable jumping back and forth. Madden seems slower. In madden, if you have a garbage team (like TB, cuz that's who I play with) it's like playing Florida vs. a DII team.

KISSwall09.jpg

Can't this be easily fixed with a downloaded update or something?

I thought they did that all the time. Haven't noticed the Alabama helmet numbers thing yet. I guess I'm too focused on the gameplay that I missed it, though I will check next time I play them. As for the realism comments...I don't know if the game is the best when it comes to 'realism' but it does look really good on a 52" HDTV. The new crowd engine is fanstastic, though I still can't give this game props for being high in realism when the damn players on the sidelines look like they were plucked from the Madden '96. Also the fact that the field looks just as perfect at the end of the game as at kickoff. Freakin' terrible. Seriously...How hard is that to fix in this day and age????

Their excuse for the Bama helmets was that the consoles memory (both) couldn't handle the 11 renders of the number or something like that. Same excuse they've used for referees. Meanwhile Madden has refs, fan cutscenes, pro-tak, etc.

Yeah I dont like how they screw up Bama's helmets every year. The thing that bugs me though is I made a Alabama TeamBuilder team so I could make the roster faster, and make some alternate options (Black Alt. Jersey, White Helmet/Crimson #s, Crimson Pants.) The crimson pants work fine but anytime I wear the black jerseys, it makes the numbers on the Crimson helmet pink. The white helmet which I chose to have numbers on it has the logo and number on it. To me EA can do alot lot better with team builder and regular team's uniforms.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

They fail. Madden had a uniform update with the Seahawks green jersey.

And it is bullcrap if they cant just "load new jerseys". Then how the F does teambuilder work?!?!!??!

I suspect it is because uniform updates are a factor that go in to making the next game. If all of the tweaks can be made on one game, the less likely someone will buy the next...tho im sure it would not be a catastrophic fallout if they made updates like this. I think Madden proved that.

They fail. Madden had a uniform update with the Seahawks green jersey.

And it is bullcrap if they cant just "load new jerseys". Then how the F does teambuilder work?!?!!??!

I suspect it is because uniform updates are a factor that go in to making the next game. If all of the tweaks can be made on one game, the less likely someone will buy the next...tho im sure it would not be a catastrophic fallout if they made updates like this. I think Madden proved that.

my point exactly.

it seems like it could be an easy update to fix.

BTW, I haven't bought this year's Madden...how is it in comparison to NCAA 2010? Are the gameplay and graphics better?

Archived