The 2010-2011 club soccer kit thread

Saintsfan

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure if these got posted but RSL is unveiling a third kit...

real-salt-lake-10-11-third-adidas-kit-b.jpg

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,Β Β (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

I wonder... has anyone ever conducted a ColorWerx-like research of EPL clubs? I'm curious for instance of the Pantone color scheme West Ham and Man Utd have used over the years.

The issue with soccer is that the colors belong to the kit manufacturer rather than the team. It's noticeable that when a team changes kit manufacturer, the color of the kit often changes slightly. As such it would be a long and complicated process!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

The problem with soccer kits is thatq they rotate out every two years and the materials are constantly changingtoo, thus the red that Nike introduced in 2002 for MAnchester United is way darker then the 2006 uni. Then the 2008 Busby Babes shirt is almost as dark as the 2002 jersey. So the colors are technically similar but in actual practice not.

km3S7lo.jpg

Β 

Zqy6osx.png

Β 

Not sure if these got posted but RSL is unveiling a third kit...

real-salt-lake-10-11-third-adidas-kit-b.jpg

"Victory Gold"? That's the best you could do?

Not "The Gold Standard"? Not even "Gold Rush", "Hearts of Gold" or the obvious "Go For the Gold"?

"Victory Gold"?

I assume they are relating it back to the fact that they are defending MLS Cup champions. Still, I agree. Even Champion's Gold would have been better.

BUT what would have been even better than that: Not doing this all together. I think these look god-awful.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Here's an odd little item that didn't seem worthy of its own thread, per ESPN Soccernet:

bellam3_275x155.jpg

Cardiff City supporters were so desperate to celebrate signing local-boy Craig Bellamy from Manchester City that the feverish fans bought replica shirts with 'Bellam 3' on the back after the club shop ran out of 'Ys' and '9s'.

Within three hours of the Wales striker opting to drop down a division to the Championship the club sold 3,000 'Bellamy 39' replica shirts worth nearly Β£500,000 before running out of letters and digits.

With Saturday's home match against Doncaster expected to be a 23,000 sell-out it's good news for cash-strapped Cardiff, who have been threatened with a winding-up order by Motherwell over an outstanding debt of Β£175,000 for defender Paul Quinn.

However, it's not so good news for Cardiff No. 9 Jay Bothroyd, who knows fans can no longer get shirts with his name and number on.

Archived