The 2010-2011 club soccer kit thread

Saintsfan

The New Aston Villa kits

Home

11cfkb8.jpg

Away

x5rpcp.jpg

I'm a fan of the home, not so much the away, not even gonna post the horribleness that is the Goalkeeper kit

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hotlinking this, but this is from RedCafe.net, supposed to be the new Red Devils kit, and I gotta say I'm pleased...

asd-1.jpg

Confirmed.

aon-manchester.jpg

1ryangiggs.jpg

4lowerhalf-150x150.jpg

I dig the collar, but kinda miss the black chevron, and feel like the black-dominant socks don't really match the rest of the kit. I'm guessing the white striping down each sleeve features the dot-matrix pattern Nike put on its World Cup kits.

Actually it's the construction pattern lines used on all the elite series boots going down the shoulder.

After seeing Man U vs Celtic yesterday, I hope that the white shorts get seen a majority of the time. The black shorts did nothing for the red shirt. And especially with the socks, it was a bad ensemble.

Love the red jersey. Needs the white shorts. Socks I'm not a fan of.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

After seeing Man U vs Celtic yesterday, I hope that the white shorts get seen a majority of the time. The black shorts did nothing for the red shirt. And especially with the socks, it was a bad ensemble.

Love the red jersey. Needs the white shorts. Socks I'm not a fan of.

This. The white collar clashes with the black shorts and while the socks aren't horrible, there is something that seems wrong about them.

"We root for the laundry"

(Jerome Seinfeld)

Not a huge fan of the Spurs new kits. I actually liked what they wore last year, even if there was yellow on the home kit. The new home shirt is nice, but the shorts kill it. If they lost the big white strip at the bottom they'd be fine. The away kits are pretty nice, though. I'm not a fan of the opposite colored stripes, but it's still a nice shirt.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Liverpool 3rd kit

liverpool-10-11-adidas-third-kit-a.jpg

More Views

Now if they were only sponsored by Carlsberg, this kit would be awesome!

Carlsberg definitely looked much better, but I guess sponsorships aren't about aesthetics. I also wish they would have gone with a more old gold instead of yellow like last year's black uniforms. Those were absolutely gorgeous. And I'm still not sold on the idea of changing the crest color like they did.

Liverpool 3rd kit

liverpool-10-11-adidas-third-kit-a.jpg

More Views

Now if they were only sponsored by Carlsberg, this kit would be awesome!

Carlsberg definitely looked much better, but I guess sponsorships aren't about aesthetics. I also wish they would have gone with a more old gold instead of yellow like last year's black uniforms. Those were absolutely gorgeous. And I'm still not sold on the idea of changing the crest color like they did.

I couldn't agree more.

My team finally released their kits for the Brasileirao today. I was actually surprised that Adidas was able to keep the shirt under wraps because many kits leaked months ago. Personally, I think the home kit is rather boring -- it's more or less the same as the kit from 2 years ago. But there are some cool designs on the shirt -- like 5 stars to represent Palmeiras' 5 championships in a row in the early 50s. And then there's a watermark on the right chest that features a 5 crowns and a P, which was Palmeiras' original logo when the club was known as Palestra Italia. But I guess simplicity works here, although since I have like 5 Palmeiras kits, I can't really see myself going out and getting this one. The template seems to be the same as Liverpool's 3rd kid, minus the triangle watermarks.

palmeiras_adidas_1011_kits_2.jpg

palmeiras_adidas_1011_kits_7.jpg

I think the lime green away kit is a bit too garish for my tastes and would've been better off as a 3rd kit, which it was in 2008 -- looks like Adidas ran out of ideas here. But the lime green kit was a hot seller either way. Really the only thing I like about this away kit is the collar, which I don't recall seeing on another Adidas kit from this year.

palmeiras_adidas_1011_kits_3.jpg

For those wondering about Manchester United playing in black shorts, they only play in them a handful of times a season, particularly with the home jersey.

Especially in the Premier League, they only tended to use them when playing teams away from home who also wore white shorts (e.g. Leeds).

Having said that, for some reason I'm thinking that they would play Newcastle in black shorts and black socks as well. My memory is rusty!

My new MUFC home jersey is on it's way and it does look rather nice, hope it's just as good in the flesh. On a trivia note, first time since the brilliant 1998-2000 home jersey there's a collar on a United home uniform.

"Sorry, your signature is too long..."

For those wondering about Manchester United playing in black shorts, they only play in them a handful of times a season, particularly with the home jersey.

Especially in the Premier League, they only tended to use them when playing teams away from home who also wore white shorts (e.g. Leeds).

Having said that, for some reason I'm thinking that they would play Newcastle in black shorts and black socks as well. My memory is rusty!

My new MUFC home jersey is on it's way and it does look rather nice, hope it's just as good in the flesh. On a trivia note, first time since the brilliant 1998-2000 home jersey there's a collar on a United home uniform.

Nope never against Newcastle. It is relatively rare that United pull out the black shorts. In terms of the EPL for 2010/11 I can only really think of 3 or 4 teams where it is a possibility, and even the United could use that as an opportunity to wear their away kit or third kit.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

United will only switch the red shirt for away games when it's an obvious clash or their clash kit is better at breaking things up. I expect them to change for Liverpool, Sunderland, Wolves and Blackpool. Expect to see the white shirt at Liverpool, black at Sunderland, Arsenal and Stoke and white at Wolves and Blackpool.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived