XXI Olympic Winter Games

WJMorris3

If I am allowed to interject...

In the 4 Olympics since the NHL has been involved Finland has medaled 3 time to lead the pack.

-Dan

Damn right SUOMI!

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I am allowed to interject...

In the 4 Olympics since the NHL has been involved Finland has medaled 3 time to lead the pack.

-Dan

They are the true Hockey Power.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Little disappointed that the USA couldn't pull out the win, however, it was quite the moral victory. The Canadians were heavily favored going into the tournament and easily had the talent and experience that the USA didn't. However, the team is still young and that will basically be the team again in another 4 and possibly 8 years. Only thing that bothered me, was that the USA players were getting extremely fancy and seemed more interesting in creating a highlight reel goal and appearing on the ESPN Top 10 (which they should know, #1 never goes to hockey, no matter what. It's reserved for a half-assed slamdunk), rather than winning the gold. Especially Erik Johnson's lovely spin move, which led to a Crosby powerplay. Thank god for that awesome back-checking by Patrick Kane. You'd also think that as a Bruins fan, I would have been familiar with Phil Kessel's "skate in on the boards, take a shot from a weird angle" play, but I forgot all about it. I'm also thinking that the Swiss are going to start being serious contenders in hockey. Time will tell.

BTW, to answer Shanurr's question, I'm actually going to ask you the same thing. What's the medal count again? ^_^

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

After a crappy first week but Canada came out blazing most, Gold won in a single Winter Olympics. Let's hope this can transcend to the Summer side of things.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

BTW, to answer Shanurr's question, I'm actually going to ask you the same thing. What's the medal count again? ^_^

I'm sure you saw the sig in question. Quite obvious I was talking about Canada.

You guys can have all those bronze and silver medals.

I'm much happier with the record for most Golds. Thanks.

Hi, how are you?

and 14 golds beats pretty much anything else.

This. Hats off to the USA for dominating the overall medal count, really, it is something to be proud of.

We have the most gold though, and considering our huge disadvantage in terms of population numbers I think we can claim victory. That and the fact that our 14 gold medals means we now hold the record for the most first place finishes then any other country in a single Winter Games. Quite an accomplishment for little old 34,000,000 Canada.

Again, the US will be THE team to beat for years to come, you Yanks all have a lot to look forward to. This though, is our night, on our soil.

Go Canada Go! :flagcanada:

Again, the US will be THE team to beat for years to come, you Yanks all have a lot to look forward to. This though, is our night, on our soil.

I'm not sure that the US will be THE team to beat. Sure 2014 is years off and the US team will be more experienced but Canada will have some turnover but the core of this Olympic's Canadien team is still pretty young. Crosby will only be 26 come Sochi.

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Anyways, I'm very proud of my country and it was a time I'll never forget.

Canada, you've done me proud. :flagcanada:

Same. These games were awesome for Canada, and every Canadian athlete, even the ones who didn't medal, have a lot to be proud of. You've all done our country proud.

Shanurr's question was in response to vmd9's classless sig that was flaunted following the US victory over Canada in the group round.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=1295569

Given today's events, I think Shanurr's comment was justified.

Plus, you know, 14 gold :P

I'm not sure that the US will be THE team to beat. Sure 2014 is years off and the US team will be more experienced but Canada will have some turnover but the core of this Olympic's Canadien team is still pretty young. Crosby will only be 26 come Sochi.

-Dan

True, in 2014 there will be enough turnover on the Canadian squad to keep them from turning into, say, the Fins (who relied on the same team they have for the past decade and got smoked by the Yanks), but the US will have more Olympic experience then Canada.

How come there is 87 Silvers medals while there are 1 fewer gold medal and 2 fewer silver medals?

NBC's Medal Count

Ties?

and 14 golds beats pretty much anything else.

This. Hats off to the USA for dominating the overall medal count, really, it is something to be proud of.

We have the most gold though, and considering our huge disadvantage in terms of population numbers I think we can claim victory. That and the fact that our 14 gold medals means we now hold the record for the most first place finishes then any other country in a single Winter Games. Quite an accomplishment for little old 34,000,000 Canada.

Go Canada Go! :flagcanada:

Only until Operation Testy Badger. Ooops...forget you heard that.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived