2010 New England Patriots

logoman

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely amazing concept. I've actually been working on a similar update myself, but nothing as nice as this. I didn't even notice the NE until you mentioned it, it's really clever! I would also buy that t-shirt in a heartbeat.

Overall great work as always!

saw the update. You were right, silver skin looks like a zombie Pat.

TDZiMMB.png

So if every few years a team created a new look, that'd be weak- yet going back and forth and barely tweaking older designs is great?

No, I get the whole "identity" thing. I'm speaking as a designer now and not a sports nerd- is it more than just a better quality Pat? It wasn't a "redesign" really. That's my point.

And sorry, but creating new uniforms every 5 years wouldn't cause a product to fail if the product is the jersey of a football team. I'm not sure what you watch football for, but the average fan doesn't care one bit about the look of their team's jerseys or whether or not they ever change.

Soccer kits change every year or so... how's that sport doing?

Again, I think it looks nice. It's basically what the old one would had looked like in high definition.

Heh, I disagree here. I care about how my team's uniforms look. A lot of time, especially with kids, uniform designs are what attract them to the teams themselves, besides parental influence. I agree with you that creating a new look every couple of years is ridiculous. But, in certain cases, it's necessary if they're continuing to not get the job done on the designs year after year.

But, I see what you're saying. It's an old design that has not been revamped by too much. But, it's still better than the 1960s AFL-era logo by far.

I'm with you. However most typical sports fans will actually become defensive when design nerds like ourselves focus too much on look. It still needs to be done, but the point is: The NFL could have teams wearing solid browns or corduroy and people would still watch. If people buy Browns jerseys, they'll buy anything simply due to being a fan. And the product definitely wouldn't "fail".

To the thread starter/designer: I respect what you did, I'm just never going to oooh and ahhh like these other guys for a tweaked logo. Hopefully you understand that. A true design takes creativity, a vision. This...well, didn't. And I know that sounds harsh, but I think you understand what I mean. Most of us can tweak a logo and make moderate changes and things look great. I just wouldn't expect praise if I did so.

-not saying you expected it either, but the overreactions here just werent warranted in my opinion. It looks great though for what it is. The NE is a nice touch, but pretty insignificant on a grand scale.

I'm with you. However most typical sports fans will actually become defensive when design nerds like ourselves focus too much on look. It still needs to be done, but the point is: The NFL could have teams wearing solid browns or corduroy and people would still watch. If people buy Browns jerseys, they'll buy anything simply due to being a fan. And the product definitely wouldn't "fail".

To the thread starter/designer: I respect what you did, I'm just never going to oooh and ahhh like these other guys for a tweaked logo. Hopefully you understand that. A true design takes creativity, a vision. This...well, didn't. And I know that sounds harsh, but I think you understand what I mean. Most of us can tweak a logo and make moderate changes and things look great. I just wouldn't expect praise if I did so.

-not saying you expected it either, but the overreactions here just werent warranted in my opinion. It looks great though for what it is. The NE is a nice touch, but pretty insignificant on a grand scale.

I can't possibly begin to explain all the incorrect statements in this post. You clearly don't understand how difficult and pain-staking a process it is to update a logo using class, accuracy, respect and precision. I'm not even going to go into it -- I'm sure you'll hear it from everyone else.

I can't possibly begin to explain all the incorrect statements in this post. You clearly don't understand how difficult and pain-staking a process it is to update a logo using class, accuracy, respect and precision. I'm not even going to go into it -- I'm sure you'll hear it from everyone else.

Probably not. Why don't you explain it? Show me the light! I've never done this before!

To Logoman: this is effing fantastic. A while ago, I did a Patriots concept (it's somewhere in this forum); for that, I wanted to include an update/render of Pat Patriot in the style of the current Elvis with current colors--in effect, what you've come up with here. The hidden "NE" was quite clever. And yes, go with white flesh tone and silver pants--looks much better.

I'll echo what others have said about the only two things that I really see as issues: the left foot juts out at a weird angle compared to the right,and the left hand. Removing that horizonal line and extending the "finger lines" to about where that "horizontal" line is now would help eliminate the Mickey mouse gloved hand look. Also, you may want to look at adding some lines to the football, just to it wouldn't be just one blob of a shape like it is now.

But like others have said, this is great, dude. Lovin' it.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I think the hands could be fixed easily. I think the reason people are seeing them as gloves is because nothing hits them right away that makes them see it as a bare hand. If you added some fingernails (like the original Pat) and maybe something to show the knuckles or maybe the little wrinkles in the middle of the finger, to define it as a bare hand, I think the Mickey Mouse references would go away. Also, have you tried it out with a skin tone instead of the white?

Echoing this again, the hands still have that glove vibe.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Well, here is another update. I changed the foot, hand and eyes.I also added some definition to the football. I think the hands may just end up looking like gloves because they are white. This is one step closer, though. And, again, thanks for the comments guys.

2010updatev2.png

Great concept and great update. Looking better and better every time. I think you're right about the hands looking like gloves due to the whiteness... Have you considered maybe doing an off-white tone, like in the real Pat Patriot logo?

I don't mean to threadjack, but some people said that he looks like Tom Brady... well they said the same thing about my Patriots concept a few years ago...

Patriots.png

Granted, I was still in high school when I made that, so it looks a little cartoony and his left hand is a little messed up. But still, I've done much worse....

Logoman, I think that having such a straight nose and straight jaw is hurting you a little bit. Everywhere else everything is very rounded and curved, but both the mouth and the jaw are very, very straight. Also, maybe try making the eyes a little bigger... you are invoking the shadows around the eye, so it's ok to make them slightly larger.. it might also help adding some depth to a pretty flat face...

You did a stellar job with the update of Pat Patriot, but I think the original logo is so crappy that I can't totally get behind it. In and of itself it's very well done, I just loathe Pat Patriot. I hope you understand. :(

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived