2010 New England Patriots

logoman

This is something I have been wanting to do for a while. I have been a Patriots fan since 1976, so Pat Patriot is the logo I grew up with. Considering the moderate amount of success the team enjoyed while using the logo it seemed only natural to embrace the Flying Elvis logo and the subsequent success enjoyed by the franchise. I know a lot of people have their preference of which logo is better or their personal favorite, so this is more for fun than anything. (I don't think I want the Patriots to go back to Pat). I did, however, want to give him an update to fit with the current style of logo design. So, everyone throw your opinions at me. Good, bad and even ugly.I have included several variations for the logo and even a T-shirt I put together.

2010_update.png

2010_update_alternate.png

2010_update_t_shirt.png

2010_update_revision.png

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is brilliant. The style flows perfectly with their current logoset, and this would make for an awesome secondary. I'd like to see the logo with a gray face however, it would be more consistant with their current logo that way.

By the way, I always wondered what logo that was in your avatar... :P

i love it. i give you an A on execution. the only thing i would change is the shadows under the feet and ball. im not sure if you should eliminate them or make them connected in a more realistic shadow, like the light is behind and above.

on the circle, i think the font should increase a couple of points.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

This is crazy, yesterday I was just thinking about what it would look like if they brought back an updated Patriot Pat. Amazing job, love it!

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

First of all, I love it. The one thing that I would look at is the leg on the right of the logo. The foot is turned at a 90 degree angle to the lower leg whereas the other foot is straight on with regard to the same lower leg placement. Would he really have that foot at such a hard angle?

Actually, upon further inspection, that right side leg is turned, but the buttons are in the same place as those on the left side. I think the right side leg should merely mirror the one on the left.

201222154_0f633bbfdb_o.png

Awesome man! I hate the Patriots but that is a niced logo. The only thing I was wondering is what wordmark. I see you made your own in the first picture but then you used the current wordmark in the last one. I definitely think you should do a whole uniform concept.

SouthParkBaseballOriolespngsmall.png

eh. I like it, but is it anything more than just a cleaned up version of Pat Patriot? Nothing was really created. Not trying to be a douche, but you know.

Not only are you coming off as a douche, but you are completely missing the point of Sports Design. Sports are based off of tradition, legacy, and identity. If every 5th year a team put out a complete new look, the brand would be so weak it would fail. Redesigning Patriot Pat to a modern era, that will be effective in today's market was the exact intention of this thread. It's fantastic work..

So if every few years a team created a new look, that'd be weak- yet going back and forth and barely tweaking older designs is great?

No, I get the whole "identity" thing. I'm speaking as a designer now and not a sports nerd- is it more than just a better quality Pat? It wasn't a "redesign" really. That's my point.

And sorry, but creating new uniforms every 5 years wouldn't cause a product to fail if the product is the jersey of a football team. I'm not sure what you watch football for, but the average fan doesn't care one bit about the look of their team's jerseys or whether or not they ever change.

Soccer kits change every year or so... how's that sport doing?

Again, I think it looks nice. It's basically what the old one would had looked like in high definition.

Archived