2009-10 NHL Season Part 2

NEW.ERA

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From all that I'm reading,

The Syracuse Crunch have announced that they will hold a press conference on Thursday to announce their new affiliation.

Nothing has been said officially, but I guess it's a pretty open secret in the Syracuse area that the Ducks will officially be named as the affiliate of the Crunch.

Needless to say, I'm just stoked the Ducks will have an affiliate next season.

And the Springfield Falcons are also having a press conference Thursday to announce their Columbus affiliation formally

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Well no more getting help it looks like. Flames will just have to go out and play their own game and not worrying about the Wings and now we are down 3 starters now that Daymond Langkow will probably be out for the rest of the season.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Somewhere in Atlanta, Boris Valabik nods knowingly.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why Sidney Crosby is a little b*tch:

Ovechkin may be aggressive and dirty, but he's not cheap.

So you have more of a problem with Crosby cross-checking Zetterberg than Ovechkin boarding Campbell?

Crosby is being stupid here but you're a huge fanboy if you think this is somehow worse than Ovechkin hitting knee-on-knee, hitting from behind, hitting into the boards, etc.

1zgyd8w.jpg

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why Sidney Crosby is a little b*tch:

Ovechkin may be aggressive and dirty, but he's not cheap.

So you have more of a problem with Crosby cross-checking Zetterberg than Ovechkin boarding Campbell?

Crosby is being stupid here but you're a huge fanboy if you think this is somehow worse than Ovechkin hitting knee-on-knee, hitting from behind, hitting into the boards, etc.

It's not a matter of who hit who. Go look at my post when Ovechkin first hit Campbell.

That's a 2 week suspension in my book. All hockey players know that there is a "no hit zone" from about 4-6 feet off the boards... hence the penalty "boarding". Now I love Ovi... but that was just dirty.

Brian Campbell is lucky he didn't end up like Kris Draper...

Ovechkin plays hard and hits hard... and sometimes he is dirty. No question about it. He plays the same way Pronger has played the last 15 years. However, they happen in the course of action of the game, not taking cheap shots at player when the game is over.

I don't have to like Ovechkin or Pronger. In fact, I hate Pronger. But I have no respect for someone who takes his liberties when the clock hits 0.00.

Ovechkin plays hard and hits hard... and sometimes he is dirty. No question about it. He plays the same way Pronger has played the last 15 years. However, they happen in the course of action of the game, not taking cheap shots at player when the game is over.

So if you cross-check a guy at the end of a game you're scum but if you end someone's season in the middle of a game you're just playing hard?

If you want to hate on Crosby you could at least post the video of him groin-punching that dude on the Thrashers instead of flipping out over something that happens all the time with lots of different players.

1zgyd8w.jpg

And the Wings pretty much dominate the Malkin-less Penguins... 85 points now.

Hardly.

By the way, Sid, you aint doing yourself any favors here.

If youre gonna go after Zetterberg, at least go ape :censored: and attempt to beat the snot outta him ala Malkin.

.... Im kidding, of course.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

Theres no comparing Ovies antics and Sidneys antics, 2 completely different players. Please, just dont.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Because of the uncodified but evident rule that the outcome of every Phoenix Coyotes game must be reported, "Not Pro But" Antti Niemi shutters the Yotes and knocks them back behind the Sharks. All lame things must come to an end.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Because of the uncodified but evident rule that the outcome of every Phoenix Coyotes game must be reported, "Not Pro But" Antti Niemi shutters the Yotes and knocks them back behind the Sharks. All lame things must come to an end.

Your "conspiracy theory" about the NHL and the Coyotes is lame.

Thrashers lay an egg after some pretty solid hockey. Then again, can't say that I didn't expect that to happen, seeing as how the Thrashers have a historical tendency of having let downs in important games. Eh.

Also, rare good night for the Sharks: They win, Phoenix loses. Hopefully this means that the Sharks have gotten all of the choking out of their system earlier & are about to get back into good form.

So if you cross-check a guy at the end of a game you're scum but if you end someone's season in the middle of a game you're just playing hard?

If you want to hate on Crosby you could at least post the video of him groin-punching that dude on the Thrashers instead of flipping out over something that happens all the time with lots of different players.

I just said it was a dirty play... what more do you want me to say? You're the one who keeps comparing the two.

There's a difference between being a dirty player and being a d***.... You honestly think that Gretzky, Messier, Sakic, or Yzerman pull a move like that or a stunt like this?

That's a Sean Avery/Jarkko Ruutu territory. Please stop acting like I'm some Red Wings slappy. Am I a fan? Of course. Crosby could have taken a run a Rick Nash, Ryan Kessler, or even Ovechkin himself and would feel the same way.

And the Wings pretty much dominate the Malkin-less Penguins... 85 points now.

Hardly.

Really? Dupuis' goal was really flukey and outside of that an a couple other opportunities, I felt like the Wings defense really shut down the Penguins offense. Also, the Wings missed several good chances all game long to make the lead 3-4 goals and I felt they carried the play more often than the Pens did.

Archived