2009-10 NHL Season Part 2

NEW.ERA

The Story of the rise to a promising beginning to the fall to mediocrity. Your 2009-10 Calgary Flames.

Sorry to the rest of the NHL that wanted the Wings out, we just got to the party just a little late maybe next year. Maybe With Steve Yzerman as GM we can bring the hope back to this city.

I swear this is in English, but I'm damned if I can figure out what the hell you're trying to say.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Story of the rise to a promising beginning to the fall to mediocrity. Your 2009-10 Calgary Flames.

Sorry to the rest of the NHL that wanted the Wings out, we just got to the party just a little late maybe next year. Maybe With Steve Yzerman as GM we can bring the hope back to this city.

I swear this is in English, but I'm damned if I can figure out what the hell you're trying to say.

Yeah I had a massive f up their I was writing it on an IPhone.

What I meant to say was a season that started off with so much promise has ended in mediocrity.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

What I meant to say was a season that started off with so much promise has ended in mediocrity.

Jay Bouwmeester is doomed to a life of watching the playoffs from outside.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Jay Bouwmeester is doomed to a life of watching the playoffs from outside.

Jesus, I just looked up his stats, and he has two goals? I mean, I know he's seemed invisible in the games I've seen the flames play this year, but wow. For $6.7 million a year, that is god-awful.

Caps rookie and American WJHC hero John Carlson with his 1st NHL goal tonight. Congrats!

Congrats! Also, USHL Indiana Ice hero :P

So we're, uh, done with Cristobal Huet now, right?

So that's what the Jackets are capable of against stiff competition. Wish they had more of this instinct earlier in the season.

Yeah really. The team is capable of playing like that. Maybe not that good every night, but this team should have made the playoffs. Hitch got the team there last year and cost 'em the spot this year.

/of course coming in out of shape doesn't help.

Also, first leg of my trip was great. Disappointed to see the Sens prevail, but excited to see a 5-minute boarding and game misconduct (I said before the game I wanted to see it) on Fisher. Also, got to see the rare goal with :00 on the clock. Alfredsson gets hooked on the empty net and it's called with no other defender back.

Next up: HNIC from the YYZ!

EDIT: I love Patrick Kaleta.

6fQjS3M.png

Me too, that fight was awesome. However, that boarding should not have been a game misconduct, and maybe not even the 5 min major. It looked like Kaleta did a bit of acting on that play too.

saBS.png

Me too, that fight was awesome. However, that boarding should not have been a game misconduct, and maybe not even the 5 min major. It looked like Kaleta did a bit of acting on that play too.

Kaleta? acting? surely you must be mistaken! *sarcasm*

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

So David Booth crossed the blue line with his head down again and got the crap knocked out of him again. That's two serious concussions in five months, career effectively over; hope his spot in the league is filled by someone who grasps fundamentals like keeping his damn head up when crossing the blue line. That's just common sense, and his ain't about to get better.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Kaleta? acting? surely you must be mistaken! *sarcasm*

Maybe it is the homer in me, but I don't see Kaleta acting or diving that much. He does draw people into penalties, but that is by pissing them off and having them come at him, he doesn't draw penalties by diving, usually.

And critics used to say all he did in fights was turtle, look at the last 2 fights he has had, he destroyed his opponent.....

Steve Ott & Zack Smith

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/93202

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/93881

saBS.png

I dont get to see him that much but when I do he does have that Sean Avery character to him. Thats not a compliment lol.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

With the Thrashers breathing down the B's neck, this game today against Calgary is huge. Let's do it, B's!

EDIT: And two days after signing a three year contract extension, Andrew Ference pulls an Andrew Ference and will be out for the game. Three more years of <55 games per season for Ference!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Just watched that Crosby/Red Wings video from a few pages back. Pretty funny how quickly three of the refs skated over to help out Crosby.

Anyway, the Bruins are playing phenomenal. With Savard out (thanks Matt Cooke) for an extended period of time and STILL seeing the PP click tonight, it's a great thing to see. Hopefully they can come out flying in third and keep this going!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived