2009-10 NHL Season Part 2

NEW.ERA

Thats not what the '06 Oilers, '03 Ducks, '01 Kings, '94 Sharks, '93 Maple Leafs, '92 Blues thought.

And what a brilliant first round that was.

Speaking of first rounds, if the Ducks even get that 8th playoff spot, they'll be up against San Jose, just like last year. They'll either end the Sharks' season quickly again (knowing how the Sharks have a bad habit of crashing early on), or the Ducks will simply be swatted aside, much like we were during 5 of 6 of our regular season meetings.

Maybe that playoff spot won't be worth the trouble after all.

8gEj9j7.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I <3 Erik Karlsson.

I was RIGHT there when he scored that bloody tying goal. Right at the bloody goal line. Ugh. I was looking forward to celebrating a Leafs win and Sens loss in person, but nooo, he had to spoil most of my fun! Although, being at the glass and in Leafs jerseys was fun enough.

Screenshot2010-04-03at62854PM.png

I swear I didn't mean to creep this picture...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Are you kidding me? What the hell? A serial rapist getting pardoned. How does this even happen? Does Ratzinger run junior hockey too?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Wait, so if I'm reading this correctly, he was secretively pardoned 3 years and 3 months ago, released into the public without anyone's knowledge, and his whereabouts are currently unknown? This is an okay thing in Canada?

I mean, say what you will about the American justice system - and you can certainly say a lot - but we certainly seem to keep tighter leashes on our serial diddlers than that.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Washington Capitals have clinched the Presidents' Trophy. I am truthfully at a loss for words.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

The Blackhawks clinched the Central Division today after the Wings lost in Philadelphia. Then they hurt the Flames playoff chances by winning 4-1. Another important game in the battle for the 1 and 8 spots was tonight with the Avs beating the Sharks in OT. So at the top of the West, the Sharks lead the Blackhawks by two points, but the Hawks have a game in hand. The Avs got some more breathing room in the battle for the final spot. Right now, they're two points up on the Flames with one more game to play.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Well this season is a disaster The Flames essentially need to beat San Jose, Minnesota and Vancouver well the Avs have to lose out to Vancouver, Edmonton, Chicago and Los Angeles.

Only good thing that will come out of this is the firing of Ken King and Darryl Sutter.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Well, Dallas was a good hockey market for about 18 years there. (Unless Gretzky is there solely to provide cash, and have no hand whatsoever in the day-to-day operations of the team.)

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I <3 Erik Karlsson.

I was RIGHT there when he scored that bloody tying goal. Right at the bloody goal line. Ugh. I was looking forward to celebrating a Leafs win and Sens loss in person, but nooo, he had to spoil most of my fun! Although, being at the glass and in Leafs jerseys was fun enough.

Yup, that was a pretty good game (intensity wise) to end on.

6fQjS3M.png

The Washington Capitals have clinched the Presidents' Trophy. I am truthfully at a loss for words.

Cursed. :P

(Gosh I hope I dont lose that bet...)

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

I can sum it up for you: "Don't Choke in the Playoffs!"

As an empassioned Pens fan, I sit here with a smirk on my face, because there are all sorts of responses to this, but Im going to let it be.

Washington will skate through the first round, but I think its going to get much dicier from there.

As an empassioned Pens fan, I sit here with a smirk on my face, because there are all sorts of responses to this, but Im going to let it be.

Washington will skate through the first round, but I think its going to get much dicier from there.

You guys can say all you want, I've been a Caps fan since I was 8 years old and I'm proud to have been witness to a historic Caps season, and hopefully it gets much better.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

You guys can say all you want, I've been a Caps fan since I was 8 years old and I'm proud to have been witness to a historic Caps season, and hopefully it gets much better.

I'm pointing out that the track record of Presidents' Trophy winners is spotty at best, where 2 of the last 4 winners have lost in the Quarter Final (2005-06 Wings and 2008-09 Sharks) and one has gone on to win the Cup (2007-08 Wings).

Anything is possible come playoff time.

Thats not what the '06 Oilers, '03 Ducks, '01 Kings, '94 Sharks, '93 Maple Leafs, '92 Blues thought.

Speaking of first rounds, if the Ducks even get that 8th playoff spot, they'll be up against San Jose, just like last year. They'll either end the Sharks' season quickly again (knowing how the Sharks have a bad habit of crashing early on), or the Ducks will simply be swatted aside, much like we were during 5 of 6 of our regular season meetings.

Well, with the Avs defeating the 'Nucks tonight we can pretty much stick a fork in them for this season. I'm sort of bummed we won't have a shot at repeating last season's success. But, what do expect with this this season. We've continued to be inconsistent all year long. It's a shame it took us all the way until the brink of elimination to finally get with it. Oh well, I'm hoping for some changes next season.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Well, with the Avs defeating the 'Nucks tonight we can pretty much stick a fork in them for this season. I'm sort of bummed we won't have a shot at repeating last season's success. But, what do expect with this this season. We've continued to be inconsistent all year long. It's a shame it took us all the way until the brink of elimination to finally get with it. Oh well, I'm hoping for some changes next season.

Sorry, I hate to break the news to y'all, but you were eliminated way back in December. All this winning was just a smoke screen. You were never in contention after the halfway point. There's a stat out there somewhere that says that 80% of the teams that were in the playoffs at halfway stayed in the playoffs. That was when y'all were like two points out of the worst record in the league. From what I see, you have a defense of two, Niedermayer and Visnovsky and the rest are bad. The offense is great, and then you have big-time question marks in goal. Your goal issues are repeating themselves again. McElhinney is your new Jonas Hiller of a few years ago and Hiller has become what Gigure was before they shipped him off. You have an untested goalie challenging a "veteran". Hiller has played well, but has he been shoved aside for a cheaper goalie? If you're not stable in the net and have a bad defense, then get ready for year after year of missing the playoffs. Trust me, as a Kings fan, I know what bad defense and no stability in the crease is like. It sucks! I feel for the pain that you are about to go through, it won't be pretty.

Archived