Loudon Co., VA, Atlantic League Team Name Vote

BB61

The Atlantic League of Professional Baseball will be expanding to Ashburn, Loudon County, Virginia for the 2011 season, and the team is now having a "name-the-team" vote. And I know how much y'all LOVE name-the-team things. ^_^

Your three choices are:

-- Dulles Blue Heron

-- Virginia Silver Stars

-- Loudon Hounds

-> Nix the first one for three reasons.

1. Dulles is an Airport, not a town.

2. We already have Bluefish and Blue Crabs.

3. DULLES IS AN AIRPORT, NOT A TOWN!

-> Silver Stars? WNBA wut?

-> Loudon Hounds. Not great, but the best of the three.

I'm not sure where the second new ALPB team would be. There was talk about a minor league ballpark in the new Meadowlands complex, but that apparently has never materialized. The only other location I've heard is Spencer, Henry County, Virginia, which would make it very geographically isolated even with this new NoVa team.

Either that, or it's GO ROAD WARRIORS! ^_^

philly.png

Dulles is accepted name for a couple zip codes in that area now, including where the ball park is gonna be. No one actually calls it that but developers insist on using it so I guess its here to stay. Although with that said, Blue Herons is one of the dumbest nicknames I've ever heard, and I have no idea what the hell silver stars have to do with anything, so i guess that leaves hounds. At least that one has some tenuous connection to the county's fox-hunting history and somewhat rhymes.

(i grew up in Loudoun BTW)

Azzuri.gif

Dulles is accepted name for a couple zip codes in that area now, including where the ball park is gonna be. No one actually calls it that but developers insist on using it so I guess its here to stay.

Developers like to call Hell's Kitchen "Clinton". Doesn't make it so.

Loudon Hounds all the way.

Not going to comment on the names cause theyre all pretty bad, but itll be nice to have a local rival to my Blue Crabs in the Atlantic League.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

The Atlantic League of Professional Baseball will be expanding to Ashburn, Loudon County, Virginia for the 2011 season, and the team is now having a "name-the-team" vote. And I know how much y'all LOVE name-the-team things. ^_^

Your three choices are:

-- Dulles Blue Heron

-- Virginia Silver Stars

-- Loudon Hounds

-> Nix the first one for three reasons.

1. Dulles is an Airport, not a town.

2. We already have Bluefish and Blue Crabs.

3. DULLES IS AN AIRPORT, NOT A TOWN!

-> Silver Stars? WNBA wut?

-> Loudon Hounds. Not great, but the best of the three.

I'm not sure where the second new ALPB team would be. There was talk about a minor league ballpark in the new Meadowlands complex, but that apparently has never materialized. The only other location I've heard is Spencer, Henry County, Virginia, which would make it very geographically isolated even with this new NoVa team.

Either that, or it's GO ROAD WARRIORS! ^_^

theres also talks of a team being located in Mass. and also in Yonkers. And if Islanders and Charles Wang ever get the lighthouse project going, theres suppose to be a second long island team to rival the long island ducks. theres also the bergen cliffhawks who were suppose to have a new stadium built with the xanadu complex in the medowlands.

Mets, Jets, Islanders

Loudoun Wainwrights.

Close the thread.

Damn. You beat me to it.

I'll have to go with Loudoun Swains (think "Vision Quest").

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I don't think there's a single thing in life that Nintendogmaster doesn't approach with wide-eyed wonder. I bet his face lit up like a Christmas tree the day he found out about toast.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived