Pittsburgh Penguins

Discrim

IIRC the logos I used here were created by mcrosby (if it was somebody else, please correct me, though I'm pretty sure they're his), I saw them in his sig and liked em, so I decided to put em in a concept. Without further ado, here we go.

penguinsset.png

the striping on the home/away is meant to represent the Three Rivers. The alt...I just thought it'd kick ass. :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I don't like the bottom stripes, it's like they're wearing some thong or something. You might as well ditch the baby blue, the Pens are going to next year and thank god for that. There's too much white in the main logo and the robo pigeon? please no!!

The execution of the whole thing is great, it's clean but the stripes were never a Penguins thing for the 3rd.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

I think if the stripes represent the 3 rivers they should be in blue. I like the idea and you could take it one step farther and have the stripe go between the legs on the breezers. Over the top yea, but so is the striping.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I always love your concepts, Discrim! If there's one thing I can count on in your concepts, is that it's something interesting and not the same, old tired concepts (ie: a Boston Bruins yellow jersey with the bear patch as the crest). Bravo on another awesome concept! Love that third jersey!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

First and foremost, the bottom striping looks terrible. I see the connection you're trying to make with the three rivers, but it looks out of place. I'm also not sold on the vegas gold. I know the Pens currently use this, but to be honest I hate that color and am hoping they change it sometime in the near future. I also think the numbers on the Home jersey should be white rather than gold.

As for the alternate, I'm loving your idea. It's very classy and the powder blue looks great. However, as I stated before, the vegas gold's gotta go.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

You know, you could try something similar to three shoulder stripes (like the Islanders' Cup-representing shoulder stripes a few years ago) to represent the rivers. I know that's not original, but I just mean something a little more subdued...

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

I don't like the bottom stripes, it's like they're wearing some thong or something. You might as well ditch the baby blue, the Pens are going to next year and thank god for that. There's too much white in the main logo and the robo pigeon? please no!!

The execution of the whole thing is great, it's clean but the stripes were never a Penguins thing for the 3rd.

Not from what I've heard.

6fQjS3M.png

I guess it's nearly unanimous: everybody hates Chris. and that striping. I figure I'll talk about a few points brought up then (besides that one)....

There's too much white in the main logo and the robo pigeon? please no!!

Take it up with mcrosby. I simply chose to use them.

not a fan of the stripes but honestly, I just really hate the presentation. I think the background needs a lot of work. its too busy and I cant take the design seriously with all that going on

heh, I'd been thinking of redoing the header anyway. I like it, mainly cus my presentation used to be really bland, but I'm not in love with it.

Man, I'm gonna have to second the "thong" thing... and I don't really like the A&F thirds so much, either. But. I will applaud your creativity, and I always enjoy seeing more NHL concepts.

Thanks...though I remember people occasionally being disappointed when I've actually aimed for traditional.

The angle of the striping on the bottom of the home and road is competing with the triangle of the logo

you have a bit of a point, though IMO they wound up competing with the numbers moreso than the crest.

So here goes a second set with a change to yellow gold, new striping on the home/away, and since I was thinking about it anyway, modified presentation.

penguinsset2.png

I figure I'll keep the header like this.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived