New Uniforms/Logo for the Clippers?

Lights Out

Not only that, but they're already in arguably the best stadium in the NBA, as well as one of the two biggest television markets in the country. There's absolutely no reason to downgrade.

All they need to do is build a successful team, and Lakers bandwagoners will follow. I'm sure we all remember that magical 05/06 season, where the Clippers went farther than the Lakers in the playoffs, and suddenly almost everybody in LA was a Clippers fan during that heartbreaking Clippers/Suns series.

The saddest part is, if we had gotten past the Suns, I think we definitely would have beaten the Mavericks real quick, and the Heat definitely weren't that much better than us that year. That was our best chance ever to win a championship.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not only that, but they're already in arguably the best stadium in the NBA, as well as one of the two biggest television markets in the country. There's absolutely no reason to downgrade.

All they need to do is build a successful team, and Lakers bandwagoners will follow. I'm sure we all remember that magical 05/06 season, where the Clippers went farther than the Lakers in the playoffs, and suddenly almost everybody in LA was a Clippers fan during that heartbreaking Clippers/Suns series.

The saddest part is, if we had gotten past the Suns, I think we definitely would have beaten the Mavericks real quick, and the Heat definitely weren't that much better than us that year. That was our best chance ever to win a championship.

I'm not sure that too many outside of "Clipper Nation" really remember that "magical" season...

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I wouldn't call this a NEW logo. It's more of a logo cleanup, if anything.

The logo is cleaner, still incredibly :censored:ty. What a disappointment -- but what else would you expect from the cheapest owners in all of pro sports?

6uXNWAo.png

Would you say the Lakers' logo is incredibly :censored:ty, and that they're "cheap" because they only update the logo? It's pretty much the same logo.

The difference is that the Lakers had it first. For them it's an iconic mark (one that could stand to be updated, in my opinion). The Clippers' logo, because it's essentially the same design, comes off as a Lakers rip-off.

While I do like the clean-up the Clippers did with their logo, I would have still liked to see something more, even if it was as little as using the jersey script in the primary.

I'm not sure that too many outside of "Clipper Nation" really remember that "magical" season...

I remember that second round series, although it was more because that was just a fun series to watch.

Oh....and no, the Clippers would not have gotten past the Mavericks that season. Between their catastrophic lack of a perimeter defense and the coaching of Mike "Let's sub Daniel Ewing in to guard their most red hot 3 point shooter on what is merely the biggest possession in franchise history" Dunleavy, they would not have beaten any of the other NBA Conference finalists.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived