New Uniforms/Logo for the Clippers?

Lights Out

During the Clippers/Nuggets game last night, Clippers announcer Ralph Lawler mentioned that the Clips will be getting new uniforms and a new logo next year. The familiar red, white, and blue color scheme is reportedly staying, however.

Interesting. I guess with Blake Griffin coming back, and the possibility of LeBron or Dwyane Wade joining the team next year, they feel the need to abandon their losing identity and step out of the Lakers' shadow.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

During the Clippers/Nuggets game last night, Clippers announcer Ralph Lawler mentioned that the Clips will be getting new uniforms and a new logo next year. The familiar red, white, and blue color scheme is reportedly staying, however.

Interesting. I guess with Blake Griffin coming back, and the possibility of LeBron or Dwyane Wade joining the team next year, they feel the need to abandon their losing identity and step out of the Lakers' shadow.

unless they found a new city, they will not leave the Lakers shadow.

It's not like the MLB and NFL where the two teams in the same city are in different leagues (NFC/AFC, NL, AL). The Clips and Lakers are in the same competing division!

I feel the Clippers could move to Seattle or San Diego.

I think the year that the TWolves and Magic redesigned, there was a ton of action on these boards as far as speculation, looking for leaks, and concepts. I think that this will garner 1,000x the attention that those did, since the Clippers have had essentially the same logo and uniforms for many of our lifetimes. I'm 32, and can't remember them in anything else.

I think the biggest basketball logo / uni thread I can remember was the Bobcats, when all the talk was of transparent panels (seriously - for those that weren't around, that was one of the rumors.) This could even trump that.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I meant identity-wise, as the Clippers and the Lakers have almost the same logo in terms of structure... although I think the Clippers' one looks a bit nicer due to the clean lines and the fact that it doesn't look like a bad photocopy.

xLmjWVv.png

I think the year that the TWolves and Magic redesigned, there was a ton of action on these boards as far as speculation, looking for leaks, and concepts. I think that this will garner 1,000x the attention that those did, since the Clippers have had essentially the same logo and uniforms for many of our lifetimes. I'm 32, and can't remember them in anything else.

I think the biggest basketball logo / uni thread I can remember was the Bobcats, when all the talk was of transparent panels (seriously - for those that weren't around, that was one of the rumors.) This could even trump that.

^_^ I'll never forget that one - hard to believe that was 6 years ago.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

You're forgetting the Arizona Cardinals logo update/uniform overhaul. That was like the Super Bowl of the CCSLC. I actually remember the board slowing down for that due to the irregularly large number of people logged on to see what the Cards would do. This could match that.

I was limiting it to basketball. Otherwise, the Buffaslug, Bills, and a few others would be up there too.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I meant identity-wise, as the Clippers and the Lakers have almost the same logo in terms of structure... although I think the Clippers' one looks a bit nicer due to the clean lines and the fact that it doesn't look like a bad photocopy.

Except for the whole ridiculously inaccurate basketball lines thing.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

This may be the single most overdue redesign out of any existing pro team. Considering the Clips play in a major market and are devoid of any meaningful tradition, I don`t know why they didn`t deep-six their boring look years ago.

I have to agree, this is a MUCH needed fix. Perhaps with the rumor of D Wade coming in along with a healing Griffin, this franchise needs a new look. Honestly though, if the Clippers get LeBron, I'll be shocked, my guess for him is either the Nets, Knicks or he stays with the Cavs

baltimoreravens.png

I won't believe it til I see it.

The Clips' owner, whatever his name is, has got to be THE greediest pricks in all of sports. He's never been one to care about the fans -- which is why the Clippers have none!

6uXNWAo.png

The Clips' owner, whatever his name is, has got to be THE greediest pricks in all of sports.

Yeah... that's why they built a new training facility a few years ago, and why he spent big money to bring in Elton Brand, and later, Baron Davis, right?

He's never been one to care about the fans -- which is why the Clippers have none!

I'm a Clippers fan. The Clippers have plenty of fans - and they definitely beat out the Cubs as the longest-suffering fanbase in sports.

xLmjWVv.png

The Clips' owner, whatever his name is, has got to be THE greediest pricks in all of sports.

Yeah...that's why they built a new training facility a few years ago, and whyhe spent big money to bring in Elton Brand, and later, Baron Davis,right?

He's never been one to care about the fans -- which is why the Clippers have none!

I'ma Clippers fan. The Clippers have plenty of fans - and they definitelybeat out the Cubs as the longest-suffering fanbase in sports.

I dont want to start a big, pointless fight about a stupid topic, but how can you possibly say this?

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I'm a Clippers fan. The Clippers have plenty of fans - and they definitely beat out the Cubs as the longest-suffering fanbase in sports.

I dont want to start a big, pointless fight about a stupid topic, but how can possibly say this?

Yeah um...what?

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Yeah... that's why they built a new training facility a few years ago, and why he spent big money to bring in Elton Brand, and later, Baron Davis, right?

Sorry for the caps in advance, but YOU WILDIN! 100+ years of NOTHING > a few decades. That's a century of suffering. GENERATIONS of Cubs fans have come & passed & the Cubs still ain't won :censored:. Nobody is on the Cubs level when it comes to sports suffering.

On topic, though: This is ridiculously overdue. I'm glad that they're keeping the red, white, & blue color scheme since that's my favorite part about their identity. However, I can't wait to see what they do with the logo. Hopefully it won't be a debacle like OKC's was.

I'm a Clippers fan

....who's username just happens to coincide with a Lakers promotion.

6uXNWAo.png

I'm also a Clippers fan. I'm still pissed they traded Randolph, but meh.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I'm a Clippers fan.

bewitched05.jpg

The Clippers have plenty of fans - and they definitely beat out the Cubs as the longest-suffering fanbase in sports.

While, as a Leafs fan, I can sympathize with the plight of the Clippers faithful, in no way do you guys beat out the Cubs fanbase. They've gone an entire century without a title. No other fanbase in North American sports can top that in terms of suffering.

I was limiting it to basketball. Otherwise, the Buffaslug, Bills, and a few others would be up there too.

Gotcha. I remember the Buffaslug. That's up there. The Bills changed before my time here, though.

Sorry for the caps in advance, but YOU WILDIN! 100+ years of NOTHING > a few decades. That's a century of suffering. GENERATIONS of Cubs fans have come & passed & the Cubs still ain't won :censored:. Nobody is on the Cubs level when it comes to sports suffering.

On topic, though: This is ridiculously overdue. I'm glad that they're keeping the red, white, & blue color scheme since that's my favorite part about their identity. However, I can't wait to see what they do with the logo. Hopefully it won't be a debacle like OKC's was.

Well hey, at least the Cubbies got to play for a WS.

The Clippers haven't even snuff an NBA Finals trophy, let alone won it.

I dont want to start a big, pointless fight about a stupid topic, but how can you possibly say this?

I used the wrong term, I meant to say that they rival in terms of suffering. The Cubs have won a championship. The Clippers have never even come close. The Cubs have choked numerous times in the postseason. The Clippers hardly ever go to the postseason. The Cubs still have faithful fans in Chicago. Every year, there are rumors of the Clippers moving to Anaheim, San Diego, or even Seattle. The Cubs have never been called "The Worst Franchise in Sports" on the cover of SI, but the Clippers have. The Cubs have six winning seasons this decade, the Clippers have six in their ENTIRE HISTORY.

I can't imagine going 100 years without a championship, but if the Clippers don't start improving fast, that might be a reality for us.

Then again, the Cubs have had several winning records and looked like a World Series contender in 2003 and 2008. Compared to being a Clippers fan this decade, where winning a playoff series was the impossible dream until only a few years ago, where winning seasons have only accounted for 15% of our history, that's not too bad, although I'd sure love to see both teams win the elusive championship.

But let's not get off-topic here. I apologize to Cubs fans for my poor choice of terms when comparing the two teams' sufferings.

....who's username just happens to coincide with a Lakers promotion.

Actually, I'm also a Chargers fan, and "Lights Out" is the name of the dance Shawne Merriman does after each sack. That's the source of my username.

xLmjWVv.png

Archived