2010 CFL Season

pollux

Here's something weird that didn't really deserve its own thread: There was a closeup shot of Hugh Charles just before the opening kickoff in tonight's B.C.-Saskatchewan, and the sleeve logo on his jersey was upside down. I can't post a screenshot or anything, but the wheat stalks were going in the wrong direction, and the big loop of the S was at the top.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BC needs to stay in Empire Stadium... that looks awesome...

But it :censored:s up traffic along Hastings something fierce. Took me 20 minutes to go from (and this will mean nothing to anyone outside of Vancouver) Refrew to Boundary.

The Lions pbp team made an excellent point tonight. The stadium cost $15M, and went up in 111 days. Given that, why can't the Argos and Moncton or Halifax do the same thing and have a 25-27k seat stadium that people will want to go to? SkyD...Rogers Centre is a terrible place to watch a football game. Find a field, put this thing up, and you'll be turning fans away at the gate. Return on investment within a year.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Or even if they put a little bit more money in 100-300M stadiums they are talking about seem crazy... the CFL is better when its intimate... look at the entire Montreal situation, they were hemorrhaging money till they moved to McGill... loving the lets go riders chants... :censored:ing cates and :censored:ing geroy simon... yes this was at the end of the first quarter

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Here's something weird that didn't really deserve its own thread: There was a closeup shot of Hugh Charles just before the opening kickoff in tonight's B.C.-Saskatchewan, and the sleeve logo on his jersey was upside down. I can't post a screenshot or anything, but the wheat stalks were going in the wrong direction, and the big loop of the S was at the top.

yes his logo is upside down... sigh... but hell of a kick return

www.pifflespodcast.com

not the greatest pictures... but you can tell its up side down... well i can anyway... lol it wont let me post the pics and im lazy so here are the links...

Hugh Charles 1

Hugh Charles 2

Yeah, in that first one, I think you can see clearly the big loop of the S at the top and the upside down wheat stalks.

Someone explain to me again why Reebok got rid of the wraparound helmet logo for Saskatchewan? It looked infinitely better than it does now, which have a decidedly unfinished feel to them.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

dunno why... but i do miss it.. actually my favorite look is the racing stripe throw backs but i wonder if they will ever break them out after the 13th man

www.pifflespodcast.com

but just thought i would share the link of the NFL network recapping the riders-als shoot out...

Wow, was that ever the arrogant coverage from NFL Network. But something is better than nothing, I guess.

Whenever I hear "a-boot" it's always arrogant, but if that highlight reel doesn't get NFL viewers to watch CFL, I don't know what will. That is CFL football!

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

When did the Ti-Cats sign Mike Vanderjagt... jesus christ DeAngelis... the ti-cats are a missed kick away of signing this years Wendy's Kick for Million contestant...

and I really hate Milt Stegall on TSN... ya thats probably the green blood in me...

www.pifflespodcast.com

When did the Ti-Cats sign Mike Vanderjagt... jesus christ DeAngelis... the ti-cats are a missed kick away of signing this years Wendy's Kick for Million contestant...

and I really hate Milt Stegall on TSN... ya thats probably the green blood in me...

And I really hate Clime...... That's probably the Blue and Gold in me. :P

Also Montreal has looked less then impressive to start this season off.

Β 

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Β 

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, so I'm watching the Winnipeg/Hamilton game right now, and the Hamilton punter just took a safety in the first quarter. What's the benefit of this in Canadian football? Is it just to gain field position?

Pretty much. Don't want to give the ball up around the 50 or worse.

Β 

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Β 

Alright, so I'm watching the Winnipeg/Hamilton game right now, and the Hamilton punter just took a safety in the first quarter. What's the benefit of this in Canadian football? Is it just to gain field position?

Pretty much. Don't want to give the ball up around the 50 or worse.

Well the Bombers took over on their own 50 anyways for that drive. lol

Anyways, really :censored:ty way to lose a game tonight for the Bombers.

6fQjS3M.png

Don't talk about it. The Bombers are dead to me.

Until next week. When's hockey season start?

When we figure out what we're doing with Phoenix. So 2015 hereabouts.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived