2010 CFL Season

pollux

As strange as it is to say but Lee is right on all accounts... hence why I am wondering why Ice Cap is cheering... that vote was the possible death of the Ti-Cats in Hamilton...

Essentially the mayor and his council want a vanity project that they can point to when their terms are done and thats the "revitalization" of west harbour... The funny thing is Bob Young has even offered financial support to help west harbour if they moved the site to east mountain, yet they still dont want to do it...

The council ignored the Ti-Cats request, the findings of international experts, the provincial and federal governments, and even an independent arbitrator was brought it and recommended the east mountain site over west harbour. If Hamilton doesnt get its shiznit together they will have 2 supposedly world class sports facilities and no teams...

I'm just cheering because something got done. Are the Ti-Cats out of the woods yet? No, but at least some sort of sporting facility is getting built, which I have to believe will help when it comes down it.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As strange as it is to say but Lee is right on all accounts... hence why I am wondering why Ice Cap is cheering... that vote was the possible death of the Ti-Cats in Hamilton...

Essentially the mayor and his council want a vanity project that they can point to when their terms are done and thats the "revitalization" of west harbour... The funny thing is Bob Young has even offered financial support to help west harbour if they moved the site to east mountain, yet they still dont want to do it...

The council ignored the Ti-Cats request, the findings of international experts, the provincial and federal governments, and even an independent arbitrator was brought it and recommended the east mountain site over west harbour. If Hamilton doesnt get its shiznit together they will have 2 supposedly world class sports facilities and no teams...

I'm just cheering because something got done. Are the Ti-Cats out of the woods yet? No, but at least some sort of sporting facility is getting built, which I have to believe will help when it comes down it.

Maybe not. The Feds and the province are more than willing to pull their support for anything to be built for Hamilton without a legacy tenant- the Ti-cats. If Young pulls out, then all accounts are saying that York University gets a 5,000-10,000 seat stadium for the 2015 games. Hamilton city council is effectively cutting its own throat here.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Maybe not. The Feds and the province are more than willing to pull their support for anything to be built for Hamilton without a legacy tenant- the Ti-cats. If Young pulls out, then all accounts are saying that York University gets a 5,000-10,000 seat stadium for the 2015 games. Hamilton city council is effectively cutting its own throat here.

That seems small for football. Or would the Tiger-Cats be moving elsewhere in this scenario?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

That seems small for football. Or would the Tiger-Cats be moving elsewhere in this scenario?

Hamilton only gets the stadium if there is a legacy tenant, or the Tiger-Cats. If they up and leave, then a smaller stadium gets built for Track and Field at York, the Ti-Cats pull up stakes and go to Moncton or QC or Sacramento or whoever wants them the most.

And this is what is so completely stupid about it. An independent arbitrator came in and said, the west harbour site doesn't work. The Feds and province have said the west harbour site doesn't work. The Ti-cats have said the west harbour site doesn't work, and will commit $74M in infrastructure to that area to help revitalize it without a stadium.

Hamilton, therefore, exists in spite of its civic leaders.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Did anyone else hear Bob Young at halftime last night say he's been contacted by Moncton NB and Milton ON? What Milton? Where did that come from.

I guess for merchandise purposes, they can just take off the "Ha" from Hamilton.... The city council may (or may not) have dropped the ball, but I spare no sympathy for Young. As far as I know, he gets a good deal from Ivor Wynne, uses the team to promote his interests and the team hasn't exactly done well under his tenure due to mismanagement. I don't care where the TiCats end up... just as long as it's below the Argos in the standings :P

I saw, I came, I left.

Did anyone else hear Bob Young at halftime last night say he's been contacted by Moncton NB and Milton ON? What Milton? Where did that come from.

I guess for merchandise purposes, they can just take off the "Ha" from Hamilton....

...which would certainly make the short list for the Laziest Rebrand In The History Of Mankind. :P

CCSLC signature.png

Anthony Calvillo is off to hospital.

Maybe this will give the Bombers a shot to get back in the game., Doubt it but still the Brock Ralph touchdown helps.

EDIT: CFL Reffing is still a running joke and Kim Murphy's crew should go look up the definition of Holding.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I guess for merchandise purposes, they can just take off the "Ha" from Hamilton....

...which would certainly make the short list for the Laziest Rebrand In The History Of Mankind. :P

To bring this back up, there was a story in our local newspaper giving more information on the story.

.Milton shows interest in Ticats

1zqy8ok.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Labor Day Weekend is here and that means the best time to be a CFL fan.

BC vs. Montreal (Forced "Rivalry Game") - AC out and BC is facing Mt Everest.

Winnipeg vs. Saskatchewan - Five years since the Bombers last beat the Riders on Labor Day.

Toronto vs. Hamilton - First time in a while this game will actually mean something.

Edmonton vs. Calgary - Edmonton's pissed and Calgary is getting cocky.

• 3 weeks later...

So sad to see the CFL season thread pushed to the third page when the season is only half-done.

Argonauts end their 3-game slide, winning 17-13 at home over Winnipeg.

Montreal dominates Edmonton 31-14, handing Edmonton their 9th loss of the season.

Hamilton walks into Empire Fields and takes the battle of the cats, 35-31.

Rider Nation revels in a wild win over the CFL-best Stamps, 43-37.

Bombers let Chad Owens beat them for the second time this year.

Every games huge but AC & Company coming in this Friday, They have to be near perfect to win and it's possible to still catch Toronto as they still fail to impress me.

The Bombers better do something to string together a good winning streak but dang man I cant believe the flying crap going on now... oh man... come on Bombers do the thunderous bombing and fly high all the frigging way to the Grey Cup (I can damn well dream eh?)

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Winnipeg is much better then their record indicates but this weekend again they were much better then the opposition but one special teams error can cost you a game and possibly a season.

I was at that Als-Bombers game and I agree on the refs blowing the call on the fumble.. geez I wonder if the refs got a massive beef against the Bombers and are just favoring the Als too much..blah oh well.... at least I got some candy eye (aka cute gals sitting 1 row behind me) and was like ohh dang..

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Archived