Mindless' First "Concept"

BrySmalls

2010StanleyCupPlayoffs.jpg

Well it's almost playoff time and although the season hasn't officially concluded yet, I thought I'd create a simple Stanley Cup Playoffs bracket. I use the term "Concept" loosely as the team logos are from icethetics.info and the hockey ice background was found after scouring the internet for 20 minutes. The font used in the title and seeding numbers is Sylfaen. The Playoffs bracket was created using Microsoft PowerPoint. I?ve thought of adding in the 2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs or Final Logo in the middle as well as shapes, possibly circles (or pucks?), to determine how many games the teams have won in each round.

Thoughts?

I'd say it's a nice start, but the things you mentioned need to be there for this to be a complete concept. I like the idea of having pucks to indicate the amount of games that each team has won as well as adding the finals logo.

Wrong Flyers logo.

In what way? It's their logo. He never said he was going specifically for jersey logos. If that was the case, he wouldn't have used the slug and the crown.

Fair enough. But the logo on the jerseys looks better.

Wrong Flyers logo.

In what way? It's their logo. He never said he was going specifically for jersey logos. If that was the case, he wouldn't have used the slug and the crown.

I am working off of icethetics.info's logos as I happen to like their portrayal of the logo on a color background. If the logo is not correct, then sorry!

I'll be posting an updated bracket tomorrow.

please dont

Thank you.

Mindless, don't listen to him. You go ahead and post whatever you want.

Some people don't know the meaning of "constructive criticism".

No worries. I appreciate the feedback from those who have offered intelligent comments.

how about preventing him from wasting his time? anybody can make this. there is not thought or creativity put into it. do something else with your time or come up with something completely different.

signature1b.png

signature2qx.png

how about preventing him from wasting his time? anybody can make this. there is not thought or creativity put into it. do something else with your time or come up with something completely different.

How about you let him do whatever he wants? And look up "constructive criticism" in the dictionary or at wikipedia? It'd save you loads of potential wasted time.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Wrong Flyers logo.

First thing i thought of too, but then realized that it's not on a jersey, nor does it appear that it's supposed to be the jersey color any more than it is the primary color, so it's fine.

I totally agree that the jersey logo looks better on a white background. On orange or black, I probably prefer it, but I don't think it's that big of an upgrade. The round wings and black outline only annoy me on white.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I really don't know what your problem is. In the title of this topic, I have placed concept in quotation marks as a basic understanding that this project would not be as thorough or extensive as other conceptual masterpieces within the Concepts Forum, and will consistently undergo updates as the Playoffs progress, hence it is a time waster! You have not contributed any insightful feedback regarding the design or display of the bracket, however thank you for your comments.

2010StanleyCupPlayoffs-2.jpg

Changes made:

Added Stanley Cup Final logo;

Switched colors of "East" and "West" boxes to match Conference logo colors;

Seedings as of 4/9/2010;

Replaced Buffaslug; and

Font overhaul:

- Title is Segoe UI, size 40;

- "East" and "West" font is now Bell MT, size 24;

- Seedings font is now Arial, size 24;

Would adding Round Titles underneath the "Conference logos" be helpful?

Next revision will be on Monday, once the seedings have settled.

I would make the Cup logo larger and fade it into the background so that it won't interfere with the later rounds. I know you said you grabbed the logos off of icethetics, but those and the conference headers look choppy; maybe it could be that you saved the file as something other than a .png extension.

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

Archived