2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs

NEW.ERA

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For :censored:s sake, is at least three minutes of hockey thats somewhat inspired, smart, or some combination of the two, too much to ask for?

I could go on about what the pens havent done, and what they need to do, but its no use. Its up to them to get their heads out of their asses and realize the Canadiens are beating them because theyre letting them beat them.

Wednesday cannot be the last night at Mellon Arena.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

Go Habs Go!

Never thought I'd say that.

Also, I hate stats like the one that willmorris just posted. A. it was incorrect and B. that doesn't mean it can't happen again. C. It's unlikely because being up 3-0 usually means that you're a far superior team, but at some point it will happen again.

And finally, how awesome would a Boston-Montreal eastern conference final be? Don't you rob the hockey world of that, Pittsburgh/Philadelphia.

Well NBC/Vs. sure as hell don't want that...

I think I made it clear in the NCAA tournament thread that I don't root for the matchups that would draw the highest ratings. Let's not go through that again.

Hey count me as part of the contingent that would LOVE to see a Boston/Montreal East Final...as would many I'm sure, especially with the history there.

But don't tell me that the networks aren't pulling for the Penguins so they can shove Crosby down our throats.

Personally, what do I give a crap about ratings? I have no stake in them. I want good hockey period.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Go Habs Go!

Never thought I'd say that.

Also, I hate stats like the one that willmorris just posted. A. it was incorrect and B. that doesn't mean it can't happen again. C. It's unlikely because being up 3-0 usually means that you're a far superior team, but at some point it will happen again.

And finally, how awesome would a Boston-Montreal eastern conference final be? Don't you rob the hockey world of that, Pittsburgh/Philadelphia.

Well NBC/Vs. sure as hell don't want that...

I think I made it clear in the NCAA tournament thread that I don't root for the matchups that would draw the highest ratings. Let's not go through that again.

Hey count me as part of the contingent that would LOVE to see a Boston/Montreal East Final...as would many I'm sure, especially with the history there.

But don't tell me that the networks aren't pulling for the Penguins so they can shove Crosby down our throats.

Personally, what do I give a crap about ratings? I have no stake in them. I want good hockey period.

The history of Boston/Montreal would be a big reason to root for that matchup for hardcore hockey fans. Hopefully they dont :cursing: it up.

Personally I dont give 2 :censored:s about ratings. If I wanna watch it, I'll watch it.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

C-A-N-A-D-I-E-N-S! I'm a temporary F-A-N!

Boston/Montreal would perhaps be considered the Beez-Kneez.

I would love to see Boston vs Montreal in the ECF's. Jaroslav Halak vs Tukka Rask. Make it happen.

I am really trying not to break something here. The Pens for reasons unknown, do not believe in making things easy on themselves and here they are again. But I refuse to believe the Pens are going to lose this series.

We will beat the Habs.

Any update on Brian Boucher?

Will be out for a few weeks.

Flying directly in the face of overwhelming video evidence from last night but I think this is a good thing for the Bruins. Everyone wanted them, expected them, to win game 5 last night and put the series away and they just didn't have it. They didn't ever get their offense going with Leighton in and I think, with him starting the game tomorrow, the Bruins will be able to formulate a better attack plan to get pucks to the net.

I am really trying not to break something here. The Pens for reasons unknown, do not believe in making things easy on themselves and here they are again. But I refuse to believe the Pens are going to lose this series.

We will beat the Habs.

The thing I use to keep hope in my insane mind is, there is no way the last game in Mellon Arena is going to be a loss.

...but these Habs have made a habit of ruining things.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

We will beat the Habs.

The thing I use to keep hope in my insane mind is, there is no way the last game in Mellon Arena is going to be a loss.

If you really think about it, every memorable game in Mellon Arena has been a Penguins loss. They've never won the Cup in Mellon Arena....

Roberto Luongo is not an elite goaltender. I thought he was. But he's not. He's just not.

And as much as I hate the Canucks, they've had my full support the last two weeks. So I'm pretty miffed about it.

Screw the Blackhawks. And now the Canucks. How do you let such a piss-poor goaltender shut you out so frequently?

We will beat the Habs.

If you really think about it, every memorable game in Mellon Arena has been a Penguins loss. They've never won the Cup in Mellon Arena....

Not really, Marian Hossa beat the Rangers 7:10 into OT in Game 5 of the the 2008 Eastern Conference Semifinals, other than that you are absolutely correct :P .

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

How do you let such a piss-poor goaltender shut you out so frequently?

Cristobal Huet doesn't really start games anymore. Antti Niemi, on the other hand, is adequate and possibly good.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived