2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs

NEW.ERA

I am so smelling a Chicago-Montreal Stanley Cup Final. Just a gut feeling.

That would be the 1st Original Six Stanley Cup Final since....1979 when the Canadiens beat the Rangers in 5.:)

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GIANT KILLERS!!! Thank you for justifying our first round loss to you and taking out our hated rivals! Party like its 1993 Montreal!

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Le bon travail, Montréal.

Merci d'éliminer Sidney Crosby et les Penguins de Pittsburgh des les Séries Éliminatoires de la Coupe Stanley.

Maintenant, gagnez la Coupe Stanley.

Go Habs Go.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Montreal deserved it.

We pens fans have been so lucky the past few years.

After all the pens have accomplished.

After all we fans have had the fortune to see.

Lets not forget just four years ago this team was the worst in the league and on the verge of moving.

Now, they are about to move to a masterpiece of an arena with a stanley cup and four straight playoff runs.

This team is still young. This team is still talented. It's not over by any stretch.

Its a shame the Mellon Arena had to be sent away like this, but hey, what can ya do?

So in the end, goodbye to this season, and goodbye to this chapter in Penguins history.

And most of all, goodbye to the Mellon Arena.

Oh, and Go Blackhawks.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

Crossing fingers on a Flyers-Bruins game 7 as well. Apologies to Brass97 in advance.

If the Bruins don't realize that they're in the playoffs, you'll get your wish. In other words, yes, you'll see a Game 7 and I probably won't enjoy the outcome.

As I said a few days ago, they're playing exactly like they did following the Winter Classic. These Bruins are, unless a miracle occurs, going to be the first NHL team since 1975 to blow a 3-0 series lead.

I've been saying the same thing, too. It's embarrassing to watch and root for this team. No desire to win, at all. No urgency, no determination, nothing.

Calling Dr. Heimlich, Calling Dr. Heimlich please report to the Bruins locker room.

Absolutely not. They need a cardiologist, first and foremost, just to see if anybody not named Vladimir or Trent has a heart.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I don't really think any of the remaining Eastern teams are very good.

Neither do I. They're feisty and pesky, but in comparison to the Sharks and Blackhawks, they look overmatched. Could be a rather boring Cup Final.

The Eastern Conference, as a whole, was rather mediocre this season.

Neither do I. They're feisty and pesky, but in comparison to the Sharks and Blackhawks, they look overmatched. Could be a rather boring Cup Final.

I disagree that the East was mediocre all season. The playoffs, perhaps, but the regular season was still highlighted by Ovechkin, Crosby, Malkin, Kovalchuk, et al. It's still a talented conference. Problem is, as has been previously mentioned in this thread, the NHL playoffs are a damn crap shoot. We're faced with the very real possibility of the East's #8 seed facing the West's #1 in the Stanley Cup Finals. Think about that one for a second.

I agree. The San Jose-Chicago series is going to be a brawl. Montreal and Boston/Philly will be good as well, however I think Montreal are going to take down who ever they face. I think it's Montreal's year to shine. Whether they'll win the Cup, who knows, but I think they have a solid chance to compete against either San Jose or Chicago. Halak vs. Nabakov...I like it.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

I disagree that the East was mediocre all season. The playoffs, perhaps, but the regular season was still highlighted by Ovechkin, Crosby, Malkin, Kovalchuk, et al.

The regular season was also highlighted by deep and well-rounded rosters in San Jose, Chicago, Detroit, Phoenix, and Vancouver, and therein lies the difference.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I disagree that the East was mediocre all season. The playoffs, perhaps, but the regular season was still highlighted by Ovechkin, Crosby, Malkin, Kovalchuk, et al.

The regular season was also highlighted by deep and well-rounded rosters in San Jose, Chicago, Detroit, Phoenix, and Vancouver, and therein lies the difference.

And that's true, but that doesn't mean the East was mediocre. It just means the West was really deep.

The Flyers are about to take this game. No way the Bruins can win Game 7. The Flyers have all the momentum in the world. The Flyers have won every single battle. Every one this series. For that, they deserve this series.

If I was Johnny Bucyk, Bobby Orr, Cam Neely or Ray Bourque, I'd be ashamed that these guys get to wear the same uniform as I did. Em :censored:ING barrassing.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Has the NHL announced yet when the real Stanley Cup Finals (San Jose/Chicago) begins?

Wouldn't it be funny if an east team won the cup, after all this "The East Sucks" talk. Chicago and San Jose ain't all that more impressive these playoffs than the East's teams...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived