2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs

NEW.ERA

They dont announce those things until the previous round is completed

As far as I know, unlike the NBA, the Stanley Cup Finals aren't held to specific calendar dates. If both conference finals end in 4 games, I believe the SCF start immediately, rather than after the potentially scheduled dates for the game sevens.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has the NHL announced yet when the real Stanley Cup Finals (San Jose/Chicago) begins?

Either Friday or Saturday night, so get your television ready.

After that series, the real real Stanley Cup Final takes place between the San Jose/Chicago winner and the Montreal/Philadelphia or Boston winner.

The Flyers have all the momentum in the world.

There's no momentum from one game to another.

Yes there is. Winning games like this can carry you throughout the playoffs.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

They dont announce those things until the previous round is completed

As far as I know, unlike the NBA, the Stanley Cup Finals aren't held to specific calendar dates. If both conference finals end in 4 games, I believe the SCF start immediately, rather than after the potentially scheduled dates for the game sevens.

Correct. But with the Bruins - Flyers going 7, the third round schedule wont be announced until Friday evening.

What a disgusting turn of events.

Canadiens win another road game 7, and the Bruins looking at another second round home game 7 loss.

Maybe the Bruins will realize they have to win this game.

They really need to set the tone from the opening face off.

sig-1.png

False causality

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

False causality

Agree to disagree. IMO, momentum is key to any streak.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

False causality

Agree to disagree. IMO, momentum is key to any streak.

I don't understand your point. So the bruins should have won it in 4 since they won the first 3?

Hi, how are you?

Speaking of blowing 3-0 leads

From the ECHL playoffs:

The Cincinnati Cyclones completed their historic comeback tonight, defeating the Reading Royals 1-0 in Game 7 of the American Conference Finals. Cincinnati is the first team in the 22-year history of the ECHL to win a seven-game series after trailing 3 games to 0.

Italy.png

From the ECHL playoffs:

The Cincinnati Cyclones completed their historic comeback tonight, defeating the Reading Royals 1-0 in Game 7 of the American Conference Finals. Cincinnati is the first team in the 22-year history of the ECHL to win a seven-game series after trailing 3 games to 0.

Can anything that happens in the ECHL be considered historic?

From the ECHL playoffs:

Can anything that happens in the ECHL be considered historic?

I'm waiting for these Finals to finish so I can hear whether or not Richmond, VA is going to have club next season. In other words, HURRY UP ALREADY!

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

1. I can't believe I actually witnessed something go against the city of Pittsburgh in a sporting event. They get every single bounce ever and always and that's how it always is. I fully expected the Penguins to come out and dominate the Habs just like they dominated the Capitals in game 7 last year. If not, I expected to at least see the Gunions get a late call on a power play that resulted in a game winning goal. That's just how it usually goes for them and for once, Pittsburgh didn't win. I love it.

2. The last game at Mellon Arena is fine with me. I don't want to upset Maz because he had childhood memories there or something and it's got history, but it wasn't the greatest place to watch a game. I went there a couple times myself and it was an interesting place to see hockey, but you'll build new memories in the new arena, and with the team you have, it'll happen quickly.

3. I would love to see the Flyers complete the comeback and win in game 7. It would give hope to every team that's down 3-0 in a sport that isn't baseball. Plus it would prove Willmorris wrong from a few pages back and I'm all about proving him wrong.

4. I've been a long time Sharks playoff bandwagon jumper and with them playing the Blue Jackets' divison rival in the Blackhawks in the west finals I pretty much have to root for them for the cup. If they don't win then the 8 seeded Canadiens are my next favorite team.

fifthly, I think that bet between whoever and whoever about whether the Capitals or Penguins would go farther in the playoffs is pretty much a draw at this point. Both teams lost in basically the exact same way to the exact same team. You should both have to mow your lawns wearing your wife's sunday best.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I disagree that the East was mediocre all season. The playoffs, perhaps, but the regular season was still highlighted by Ovechkin, Crosby, Malkin, Kovalchuk, et al.

The regular season was also highlighted by deep and well-rounded rosters in San Jose, Chicago, Detroit, Phoenix, and Vancouver, and therein lies the difference.

And that's true, but that doesn't mean the East was mediocre. It just means the West was really deep.

Lets look at this way. If they played in the West, the point totals of Ottawa, Boston, Philly, and Montreal would not have been good enough to even make the playoffs.

It always seems to seesaw back and forth from year to year, but right now, the East is a much less competitive conference. Some of the greatest individual talents play in the East, but there are many more deep teams in the West.

But all that regular season performance clearly goes out the window in the playoffs.

This East vs. West talk about which conference is deeper is a load of bull. What matters is what you do in the playoffs and I don't care which conference has more points, what matters is ONE team will be better than the rest. So what more teams out West scored more points, and how many of those "deeper" teams from the "deeper" conference have a chance to win the Cup? Two. Montreal has beaten both top seeds, so they alone proved that points mean diddly squat in the playoffs. This ain't the regular season so stop talking about the regular season and who was better. Montreal and their team are one of the top two teams in the east and they possibly have the best goaltender in the game at this point in time.

Goaltending is what wins the Cup and the Canadiens are riding a hot goaltender, just like they did with St. Patrick and those Cups. I honestly don't see anyone beating Montreal, they just have that thing (whatever it may be) that championship teams have. Everything is clicking with that team and when the Bleu, Blanc, & Rouge is clicking, the ghosts of the Forum come out and you can't beat them. When that team clicks, it's like all the greats of the past come out and are on the ice with them. They somehow channel the greats from the past into those uniforms.

Everything is clicking with that team and when the Bleu, Blanc, & Rouge is clicking, the ghosts of the Forum come out and you can't beat them. When that team clicks, it's like all the greats of the past come out and are on the ice with them. They somehow channel the greats from the past into those uniforms.

Are you a grown man non-ironically invoking ghosts in an argument?

If the Sharks summon the ghost of Gilles Meloche, I don't know what my poor Blackhawks are gonna do.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Everything is clicking with that team and when the Bleu, Blanc, & Rouge is clicking, the ghosts of the Forum come out and you can't beat them. When that team clicks, it's like all the greats of the past come out and are on the ice with them. They somehow channel the greats from the past into those uniforms.

Are you a grown man non-ironically invoking ghosts in an argument?

If the Sharks summon the ghost of Gilles Meloche, I don't know what my poor Blackhawks are gonna do.

Gilles Meloche did use the best non-modern goalie mask we ever saw

gilles-meloche.jpg

That thing'll bring ghosts alright.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived