2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs

NEW.ERA

They have to be better broadcasters to paint the verbal picture. Televised hockey, now more than ever with the advent of high definition, doesn't require the same play-by-play burden. It's much the same with baseball.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd LOVE to know what Claude Julien tells these guys in between periods....

"Hey, guys. Great work out there. We're up 3-1. We just threw shots at the net, screened the goalie, and it worked. So let's do something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT for the second! Yeah, that'll work!"

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

True. I see that now after thinking about it for a minute.

I guess I can see where that leads people like Beninatti to TV jobs. They don't have to describe as much of what's going on rather than be a little more entertaining. And thus he gets all ridiculous. Still doesn't let him get a pass on the voice.

TV baseball has so much dead air nowadays it's ridiculous. There are some good guys for it, especially when they get a good banter going (the Angels' new guy Victor Rojas is good and has that chemistry with the analyst Mark Gubicza). But I also get the pleasure of listening to the best in Vin Scully. Nobody better. I hate the Dodgers, but whenever there is a game on I try to catch a least an inning or two just to hear Vin.

---------

3-3 going into the 3rd.

Truly going to be interesting to see which version of each team shows up.

The gangbuster Bruins/Flyers of the beginning of the 1st/end of 1st and the 2nd? or the lack luster Bruins/Flyers of the end of the 1st and the 2nd/beginning of the 1st.

I love playoff hockey.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

*gets Internetz "Epic Fail" graphic ready for Bruins*

Really...a Power play goal off of a goddamn too many men on the ice penalty?!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Every goal in this series has been the same. For such a "defensive team", the Bruins have displayed time and time again this postseason that their forwards have absolutely no idea how to play in the defensive zone. The Flyers deserve to win this series. They haven't spit in the face of the legends that have put on the same sweater as they do. The Bruins have. And it's been disgusting to watch. Pure laziness.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Ironic that they will blow a 3-0 lead in the game too.

It's an allegory for the entire series.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Hey Bruins......

failship.jpg

Today, we are all otaku.

So is this the first time in league history that the 7 seed has had home ice advantage the Conference finals?

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived