College Football Uniform Overhaul (2010)

Brave-Bird 08

Around this time last year I spent time redesigning 30 teams I felt NEEDED new uniforms. Well, the time has come around again...where all sports fans here in the South are already ready for football season. So, I'm going to restart my process from last year...

...but this time I'm not going to do 30 more teams who NEED new uniforms. I'm simply going to do whatever team I want until the football season rolls around.

My resources and skills have changed a lot since the last redo, so this will be a good expansion on my other stuff, which can be seen here: http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=67933&st=0

-----------------------------------

Michigan State Spartans

I'm starting with Michigan State because their recent design makes me sick. I hate the bronze. I can stand the shoulder yokes, but cannot stand the helmet stripe, or the silly pro combat pants on their alternate.

Here's my vision of MSU. I added some silver, and chose the "State" script and one of the mock ups of a new spartan-helmet as the logos. The green is darker. I remember ScottySprings using the "State" script on his redesign, and I loved it, so I used it here.

Everything seen here is implied to be interchangable.

MichSt1.png

MichSt2.png

----------------------------------

Auburn Tigers

For Auburn I threw tradition out the door. The word "concept" could not be more emphasized here. I always envisioned Auburn wearing something really modern. I dont know why...their uniforms are as traditional and GOOD as they come. But I didn't want this to get boring. I gave them a template similar to the one I used for Utah in the series last year (both are UA).

The alternate pants as implied to be worn with blue and white jerseys, while the orange jersey is supposed to be worn with white pants only. Oh, and the reversed shoulder number colors on the alternate are intended...just some of my personal taste. I also used "War Eagle" on the alternate, just to give it some character as a "special" jersey.

AUB1.png

AUB2.png

---------------------------------------

Georgia Bulldogs

For Georgia I went the classic route. The Dawgs havn't worn sleeve stripes since I was a toddler. The only stripes on their jerseys since I can remember have been exclusive to the cuffs of the uniform.

Why this is is beyond me. So, I figured, why not model them after the 1980 team? The stripes on the jerseys reflect the stripes from the Dawgs jerseys from the 80s. Also, notice the collar stays red on each jersey...which is also a nod to the older uniform. I spiced things up by adding the seldom used bulldog head logo, and also used the modern "GEORGIA" script, seen on the basketball court/jerseys, on the helmet bumper. I also used alternates, which wouldnt fly these days b/c UGA's AD said the Dawgs arent wearing alternates any time soon.

UGA1.png

UGA2.png

----------------------

There you go! Each of my concept posts will come in triplets. So leave some comments and check back everyonce in a while.

I'm not digging the MSU design so much, I think if you went with solid shoulder yokes it'd look great (that's just my personal taste, I like solid yokes but hate inverted ones, like the ones you have) but I love the white helmet. Auburn has some of the best unis in the nation, but these are pretty solid too for being a modern UA design (just not a fan of the pants). Georgia I really like, always been a fan of those colors and the stripes make them look a bit less plain. I love all the little things you added to the team's uniforms to make them at least a little less generic. Can't wait for more.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

I like all three. Quality, as usual, is wonderful. I just want to see something different on GA. Everyone seems to do the same basic design for Georgia, just would be interesting to see something a little different.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Maybe for the "WAR EAGLE" jersey, you could work in this alternate logo that I'm pretty sure they used in merchandise a while back.

AuburnZH.GIF

That's not an Auburn alternate logo- That's one of Zephyr's X-Line logos from a couple years back I believe.

AU-USU-Scoreboard.gif

Oh, that'd explain the "ZX" at the end of the filename then. Good to know. I looked up that line of hats and really loved the Michigan one.

MichiganZHSBlueX2.jpg

I'd love to see someone work that or a similar logo into a Michigan concept.

Ditto. Oh...me? Do a Michigan concept? Next post? Why sure!

• 4 months later...

Oh, that'd explain the "ZX" at the end of the filename then. Good to know. I looked up that line of hats and really loved the Michigan one.

MichiganZHSBlueX2.jpg

I'd love to see someone work that or a similar logo into a Michigan concept.

I actually own that hat, but it is too big for my head.

These three are perfect; I think they match the schools' culture. Michigan State - not too flashy, but not as stiff collared as their Wolverine brethren. Auburn is a nice way to modernize the set while still incorporating classic designs like stripes. And Georgia looks beautiful. Usually when I see sleeve stripes like that I think of Iowa or the Steelers, but in this case you've managed to give them their own version without looking copy-catish.

Love 'em!

Can't wait to see the Oregon concept with purple helmets and pants made out of real carbon fiber and chunks of slate rock.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived