NHL PLAYOFF GDT 4/26/10

Lee.

Three games on tonight's schedule (All times Pacific,because that's where I live):

WASHINGTON CAPITALS @ MONTREAL CANADIENS (Capitals lead best-of-7 3-2) 4 PM

BUFFALO SABRES @ BOSTON BRUINS (Boston leads best-of-7 3-2) 4 PM

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS @ NASHVILLE PREDATORS (Chicago leads best-of-7 3-2) 6 PM

Remember that this thread is for individual game discussion, while league-wide goings-on should be kept to the Playoff thread.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Oddly, the Habs have called up PK Subban for this game. I don't understand. Sure he looked good against Philly in the regular season, but to get called up when you're facing elimination doesn't make much sense to me.

It's not like he's doing anything. Hamilton's series with Manitoba is over and they are waiting for the Rochester-Abbotsford series to finish.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Oddly, the Habs have called up PK Subban for this game. I don't understand. Sure he looked good against Philly in the regular season, but to get called up when you're facing elimination doesn't make much sense to me.

It's not like he's doing anything. Hamilton's series with Manitoba is over and they are waiting for the Rochester-Abbotsford series to finish.

That's true, it just seems odd to mess with the lineup that won you a game on friday. Apparently though Spacek may be sick or injured, so that's the reason for the call up.

1zqy8ok.gif

Sabres get a boost. Thomas Vanek will be back tonight and just from a fan stand point not caring about any of these teams I hope the Sabres, Preds and Habs all force Game 7.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Sabres get a boost. Thomas Vanek will be back tonight and just from a fan stand point not caring about any of these teams I hope the Sabres, Preds and Habs all force Game 7.

+1.

Most important game in franchise history tonight for Nashville.

Short memory, and 60 minutes, Preds. 60 minutes.

dzh6fs12jk4gddgfd123hlxft.gif

+1.

Caps better close it out tonight.

Bruins may get one as well. Savard was the first one our for morning skate today and it hasn't been confirmed that he won't play. We'll see soon.

Bruins may get one as well. Savard was the first one out for morning skate today and it hasn't been confirmed that he won't play. We'll see soon.

Edit: Late word says Savard will not be playing tonight. The team is waiting on the results of his most recent test.

+1.

Caps better close it out tonight.

Put it away, Hawks

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I've heard that Vanek will play in place of Drew Stafford on the 4th line along Kennedy and Kaleta and that Savard will not play tonight, but may be ready for Wednesday, if necessary.

I absolutely love what Ruff has done with the lineup the past two games. He has sat Torres and Stafford who have done nothing the past month and replaced them in the lineup with Cody McCormick and Nathan Gerbe. McCormick gives them some grit and Gerbe is tiny but he still throw checks (well, tries to) and adds some speed and goal scoring ability.

Also I like putting Vanek with Kennedy and Kaleta. I can see the Bruins going after Vanek's ankle with little hacks and slashes, but there will be repercussions if Kaleta is out there. If Vanek was with Pominville and Roy nothing would happen in retaliation.

saBS.png

Got to give credit where credit is due, Montreal has outplayed Washington for most of the series and tonight was no exception. With stout and shutdown defense, especially when the Canadiens are on the PK, timely goal scoring, and out of this world goaltending from Halak (at least from the last 2 games), has this series going seven, not that I didn't expect it to (check my first post in the Playoffs thread), but :censored:, this is rather disheartening.

4-3 Hawks after 1. I am thoroughly confused by this game

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Round 2, baby! F***ing Tuukka. What a monster. Defensive lapses in competence were the cause of at least 2 of the 3 Sabres goals tonight (I didn't see the first). Anyway, great, intense, physical series from both the B's and the Sabres. Woo!

Archived