Astroturf

ltjets21

What happened to astroturf It was a very poor surface, Nobody has it in the nfl but does anybody have it in college i couldn't find it out on a research.

Please log off, then log back on and re-type your post in ENGLISH.

Thanks.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

But the astroturf at the rogers centre is similar to field turf, unlike the astroturf carpet.

Kind of not really. The current Astroturf (which is capitalized by the way) is a carpet at the Rogers Centre. That's the reason they're using it, so they can rotate between football/baseball/concerts/etc. a lot faster than before.

6fQjS3M.png

Yeah. It's produced by the Astroturf company, but it bears no resemblance to the original incarnation of the Astroturf from the Astrodome and elsewhere, the bright green carpet where baseballs bounce like super balls and joints are destroyed. It's been phased out of the NFL entirely, and has been out of baseball since around 2004, I believe, when the Expos switched to FieldTurf for their last year (odd investment to make). I don't remember if the Twins and Blue Jays switched right before or right after, but it all dropped out in the early 2000s.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I found out that no NFL teams use it, nor do any MLB teams, or division 1 teams but, 4 d 1FCS teams still use it,Idaho State Bengals,North Dakota Fighting Sioux,South Dakota Coyotes, and the North Dakota state Bison.I played on it in last year it kills.

What happened to astroturf It was a very poor surface, Nobody has it in the nfl but does anybody have it in college i couldn't find it out on a research.

Please log off, then log back on and re-type your post in ENGLISH.

Thanks.

No kidding. Is this dude related to dfwabel or something?

BB52Big.jpg

I found out that no NFL teams use it, nor do any MLB teams, or division 1 teams but, 4 d 1FCS teams still use it,Idaho State Bengals,North Dakota Fighting Sioux,South Dakota Coyotes, and the North Dakota state Bison.I played on it in last year it kills.

Not enough, regrettably.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You want teams to use that crap?

My post.

Your head.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Asking about Astroturf is like asking about Black and White Television, the company is still around in some places but it has evolved into more of a field turf like surface, because field turf is much more aesthetically pleasing and more forgiving for knees, and bodies playing on it. The old astroturf was more like green cement if you hit it wrong on a tackle or diving for a ball you could get hurt, but now the technology allows a surface that looks more like grass and behaves more like grass, while not creating the old problems of astroturf such as knee strain.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I have no idea what this thread is precisely about...but I will say this from experience. They should've named it ASStroturf, since it was absolutely :censored:ty to play on. I played 2 games on it, it was like playing on concrete. Fieldturf was a godsend.

I have no idea what this thread is precisely about...but I will say this from experience. They should've named it ASStroturf, since it was absolutely :censored:ty to play on. I played 2 games on it, it was like playing on concrete. Fieldturf was a godsend.

When I think of the problems of Astroturf I remember Wendell Davis who blew out both knees and was not touched in Philadelphia.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

When I think of the problems of Astroturf I remember Wendell Davis who blew out both knees and was not touched in Philadelphia.

Well you're also talking about one of the most poorly maintained astroturf surfaces in history. Plus, IIRC, wasn't he caught in one of the (incredibly dangerously placed) seams where there were covers over the bases and mound?

I played on crappy Vet-like astroturf (at Franklin Field), and very nicely maintained old-school astroturf (at Villanova stadium) and honestly, the Villanova Stadium turf was fantastic - I much preferred it to grass. I've never played (or walked) on FieldTurf, NexTurf, new AstroTurf, etc.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Well you're also talking about one of the most poorly maintained astroturf surfaces in history. Plus, IIRC, wasn't he caught in one of the (incredibly dangerously placed) seams where there were covers over the bases and mound?

I played on crappy Vet-like astroturf (at Franklin Field), and very nicely maintained old-school astroturf (at Villanova stadium) and honestly, the Villanova Stadium turf was fantastic - I much preferred it to grass. I've never played (or walked) on FieldTurf, NexTurf, new AstroTurf, etc.

Well that was very true of the Vet, it was beyond awful, and I think Davis did hurt his knees on one of the seems, I just recall that image of him running over the middle of the field and his legs just going different directions as he went down, with ACL tears in both knees at the same time.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Archived