Expansion club

Pittsburgh Vipers:

Pittsburgh_Vipers_2010.jpg

DC Slayers

From this:

Logo_DCSlayers_small.png

To this:

Slayersamnrl2010.png

Bucks County Sharks withdrew from the league this year but not before they changed their logo

From this

:

New_Jersey_Sharks.jpg

To this:

Sharksamnrl2010.png

That's pretty awesome, actually. A lot of these are major upgrades and a breakaway from their NRL counterparts.

Where did you get these? They're not on the AMNRL site.

philly.png

Is that Glenn Mills as in the Philadelphia suburb? So Phila. has two teams in this league?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

They're not all good, but they are all upgrades. Pittsburgh Vipers is far and away the best logo.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Is that Glenn Mills as in the Philadelphia suburb? So Phila. has two teams in this league?

1. You'd be correct, though the team is now in Aston, Delaware County (hence the full name, the Aston Delco Sports Club Bulls)

2. At one time, the league was mostly Philly area teams. Prior to 2006, when Boston, Jacksonville, and Fairfax were added, the league had four Philly area squads:

-- Philadelphia Fight (played @ Torresdale Boys Club until their merger with the Mantarays)

-- Media / Delaware Valley Mantarays (merged with the Fight in '06)

-- Glen Mills / Aston DSC Bulls

-- Bucks County Sharks (Levittown)

philly.png

That's pretty awesome, actually. A lot of these are major upgrades and a breakaway from their NRL counterparts.

Where did you get these? They're not on the AMNRL site.

The new logos are on Wikipedia. I'm trying to find out who designed them cause it seems one person did all of them and whoever it was did a nice job.

I REALLY like Phillys upgrade. It kind of reminds me of the opening scene of the Gorillas video to Clint Eastwood.

I also like New Yorks upgrade and how they used Lady Libertys torch as a feather ploom, nice touch.

They're not all good, but they are all upgrades. Pittsburgh Vipers is far and away the best logo.

Well said. Vipers is nice, but the Fight logo is my favorite. The Thirteens is cool too.

It could just be me but doesn't that logo look kinda "womanly" idk the V kinda looks like two legs going into the sky? might be a stretch but something I noticed...

The Boston 13's looks great, but can't help but think its more suited to the game they play in heaven.... Rugby Union - 15's version.

How is the national team going these days? I remember they played the Kangaroos a few years back and held their own for half a game.....

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Well said. Vipers is nice, but the Fight logo is my favorite. The Thirteens is cool too.

It could just be me but doesn't that logo look kinda "womanly" idk the V kinda looks like two legs going into the sky? might be a stretch but something I noticed...

Interesting take on that logo. I'm sure Sigmund Freud would have something to say about that, though I suppose it's not too far of a stretch.

The Boston 13's looks great, but can't help but think its more suited to the game they play in heaven.... Rugby Union - 15's version.

How is the national team going these days? I remember they played the Kangaroos a few years back and held their own for half a game.....

The Tomahawks? They got a new logo as well:

From this

TomahawksLogo.png

To this

Ustomahawks.jpg

How is the national team going these days? I remember they played the Kangaroos a few years back and held their own for half a game....

I was at that game, Matty. It was cold and rainy and they had never played on Turf before, but it was a awesome experience.

philly.png

• 3 weeks later...

The Pittsburgh Logo actually has rivets. They get lost when the logo is reduced, but here's an altered version. And the logos were done by a company called "The Star Group" from Vorhees, NJ.

main.jpg

Archived