2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa

NEW.ERA

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Portugal picked off right where they left off in 1966, leading North Korea 4-0. All without Cristiano Ronaldo scoring.

Sounds good to me. I'm glad that everyone else is stepping up, instead of just one player showing up.

Its now 5-0, for all intents and purposes, Cote D'Ivoire is all but eliminated.

Didn't I mention that there are 5 different goalscorers and none of which has been Cristiano Ronaldo.

EDIT: Finally Cristiano scored!! 6-0.

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

Portugal picked off right where they left off in 1966, leading North Korea 4-0. All without Cristiano Ronaldo scoring.

Sounds good to me. I'm glad that everyone else is stepping up, instead of just one player showing up.

Didn't I mention that there are 5 different goalscorers and none of which has been Cristiano Ronaldo.

You were saying?

Hi, how are you?

You were saying?

I just edited my post ^_^ Now 7-0. Jeezus.

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

Make it 7-0 Portugal... This is an absolute ass whooping of epic proportions. BTW, Cristiano Ronaldo's goal was epic. Bouncing it off his back and then kicking it in... Purely brillent.

As for North Korea... Well, I'm going to assume that The Glorious Leader is going massively ape :censored: over this debacle and will order the deaths of all 23 North Korean players for this massacre.

Well, I think everybody called what it would be in this stage for Ivory Coast and Portugal, since Brazil would more than likely get the 1st spot especially after CIV & POR drew:

1 - Do what you can against Brazil (CIV now has -2 goal differential...POR has yet to play em.)

2 - BEAT THE HELL OUT OF NORTH KOREA (Portugal just beat them 7-0, now have +7 goal differential...yeah, Ivory Coast are done. :()

That goal by Ronaldo that made it 6-0 was hilarious. Not only did they completely outclass, outman, and dismantle the poor North Koreans, but they had all of the luck as well, and that last Ronaldo goal proved that. What a comprehensive performance by the Portuguese.

Now I'm just hoping that the Ivory Coast will do the same...but they're going to need massive hope from Brazil, who I doubt will go hard since their spot is already sewn up. So I just hope that the Elephants just end their tenure in the World Cup on a good note by whomping North Korea as well. But after a somewhat shameful performance against Brazil yesterday, this is a bit of a disappointment. Maybe one of these years, Ivory Coast won't get put in a group of death :P

What is the relationship between Brazil and Portugal like? Are Brazil still going to want to play to win against Portugal or be happy to play out a draw and let Portugal through? Interesting to see what happens.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Not just video review but its a joke that refs make calls and don't give an explination to which call they made. They can just blow the whistle because tehy feel like it.

On video replay, I think a lot of people want video replays, but I am not sure it would work that well in soccer, it would just increase the pressure on refs. Every decision, every whistle blow players would surround the ref and get the video looked at in the hope that something might be seen to shed doubt on a decision. A lot of soccer decisions are difficult to really properly judge in slo-mo, yeah a handball might be obvious, but then again it should be obvious in real time.

Refs (the good refs at least) do discuss decisions with players. Its a bit unrealistic to expect refs to come and explain every decision after a game.

Again what it takes is not anything from FIFA but respect from players, and common sense from referees. And just an acceptance that refs can make mistakes without trying to screw people over.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I think each team should have someone watching the game on a tv where they'd be able to see the action in slow motion with several angles and then allow them to call a certain number of challenges a game.

Another thing I don't like is the inconsistency from game to game. Tugging of the shirt happens in every game and on corner kicks players always grab and hug eachother, either call the penalty everytime or keep it limited to extreme situations. So far the best reffing I've seen was Serbia vs. Germany. Yes, there were a lot of yellows handed out, but ultimatly it improved the game because players got the message and stopped fouling each other.

I am going to come off sounding like the old guy on the block but all of these sports did fine without instant replay, challenges, goal cams, etc. Humans are in control of the game and the only way to take out subjective calls would be to use nothing but computers to make decisions. You can't have it both ways. You either accept that a call will be blown every once in a while or you want to eliminate that possibility.

Make it 7-0 Portugal... This is an absolute ass whooping of epic proportions. BTW, Cristiano Ronaldo's goal was epic. Bouncing it off his back and then kicking it in... Purely brillent.

As for North Korea... Well, I'm going to assume that The Glorious Leader is going massively ape :censored: over this debacle and will order the deaths of all 23 North Korean players for this massacre.

Dear Leader was looking for some fusion reactor guinea pigs.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived