2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa

NEW.ERA

Well Netherlands, we'll always remember you for something.

_48321583_009786478-1.jpg

Also, the only undefeated team in the WC, New Zealand. Shine on you crazy Kiwis.

Still think Demy De Zeeuw getting punted in the face is funnier. :P Dirk Kuyt's expression is even better.

Uruguay+v+Netherlands+2010+FIFA+World+Cup+RUpKbCJPt6_l.jpg

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well time for some closing remarks.

Slow start, what slow start this tournament sure finished out with a bang, So many moments Siphiwe Tshabalala's opening goal against Mexico, Italy, France and England going through more than hell, New Zealand ending up as the only unbeaten in the tournament and it's been three weeks since they flew back to Wellington, Some of the best goals we have ever witnessed on this stage so many come to mind.

Time just fly's by and just to see the Dutch in the final capped it off for me, hopefully they'll be back in four years to do it all over again.

CBC Montage

Top 10 Goals according to CBC

Overlooked in Spain's championship.... That damn octopus just went 8-for-8!

Some bookmaker said that anybody that bet based on what the octopus picked made $750,000 over his streak. I should've listened to the octopus, shoot. :P

My team of the World Cup.

----------Casillas---------------

Lahm-Pique-Lugano-Van Bronckhorst

---------Schweinsteiger----------

Kuyt-----Xavi-Sneijder-----Muller

----------Forlan----------------

Subs

-David Villa

-Andres Iniesta

-Mesut Ozil

My team of the World Cup.

----------Casillas---------------

Lahm-Pique-Lugano-Van Bronckhorst

---------Schweinsteiger----------

Kuyt-----Xavi-Sneijder-----Muller

----------Forlan----------------

Subs

-David Villa

-Andres Iniesta

-Mesut Ozil

Love that you included Kuyt may have been the most underrated player at the World Cup. Really wish he didn't get subbed out yesterday.

Also here are the awards if nobody caught them yet.

Golden Ball: F Diego Forlan, Uruguay

Golden Boot: M Thomas Mueller, Germany

Golden Glove: Iker Casillas, Spain

Best Young Player: M Thomas Mueller, Germany

Fair Play: Spain

Damn...I was really kinda hoping (rather ignorantly) that Michael Kingson would get some kind of recognition...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

So during celebrations in Madrid, Pique and Puyol snuck up behind Cesc Fabregas and pulled a Barcelona shirt over his head, he didn't seem too thrilled with the stunt!

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

World Cup Final sets U.S. viewership record for soccer.

The combined 24.3 million viewers made it the most-watched soccer game in the United States, exceeding by nearly five million the total on ABC and Univision for the United States-Ghana game June 26. ABC?s record for a soccer game was 17.9 million viewers for the 1999 women?s World Cup final won by the United States.

Wow, I thought the ratings were going to go down once the USMNT got knocked out. They actually went up. Nice.

The combined 24.3 million viewers made it the most-watched soccer game in the United States, exceeding by nearly five million the total on ABC and Univision for the United States-Ghana game June 26. ABC?s record for a soccer game was 17.9 million viewers for the 1999 women?s World Cup final won by the United States.

Wow, I thought the ratings were going to go down once the USMNT got knocked out. They actually went up. Nice.

I personally didnt think it was an exciting game but hopefully a good portion of those people will stick around as fans.

On the other hand, considering how crap-tastic the final turned out to be, I wonder how many of those 5 million new viewers merely had their worst pre-conceptions about the sport irrevocably reinforced?

CCSLC signature.png

Honestly, as a rather new soccer fan I thought the Final provided lots of great drama, twists and turns throughout the match. It was a very physical, hard fought match. In most Title games you don't always get the game you expect, in any sport. I thought it was par for the course as far as that goes, but I enjoyed the match myself and was rather entertained.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

On the other hand, considering how crap-tastic the final turned out to be, I wonder how many of those 5 million new viewers merely had their worst pre-conceptions about the sport irrevocably reinforced?

On the other hand, the most popular sport in North America is the NFL, which isn't exactly a tea party on grass. I don't think rough play is going to turn off North Americans.

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping this thread with a rather bizarre footnote to the World Cup, out of North Korea:

SEOUL, South Korea -- North Korea's national team and coach have been publicly rebuked for losing all three games at the World Cup in South Africa, news reports said.

The team and coach Kim Jong-Hun were summoned to a July 2, six-hour meeting at the People's Palace of Culture in Pyongyang and subjected to severe criticism, the U.S.-financed Radio Free Asia reported Monday.

Sounds like they got off lucky... by NoKo standards, this is barely a slap on the wrist.

CCSLC signature.png

Bumping this thread with a rather bizarre footnote to the World Cup, out of North Korea:

SEOUL, South Korea -- North Korea's national team and coach have been publicly rebuked for losing all three games at the World Cup in South Africa, news reports said.

The team and coach Kim Jong-Hun were summoned to a July 2, six-hour meeting at the People's Palace of Culture in Pyongyang and subjected to severe criticism, the U.S.-financed Radio Free Asia reported Monday.

Sounds like they got off lucky... by NoKo standards, this is barely a slap on the wrist.

The United States deserves this punishment.

The United States deserves this punishment.

:blink:

Archived