2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa

NEW.ERA

2010_2D00_FIFA_2D00_world_2D00_Cup_.jpg

Just a little over a month a way before the greatest tournament in Sports takes place in 9 cities around South Africa.

So who will you support can Spain be like France of 1998 and 2000 and be European and World Champs, can an African nation crash the party in their own backyard, can the English finally put together a long enough run to get them back to the Final and can the Dutch finally win that one trophy that alludes them.

All will be answered from June 11th through July 11th. Squads should be announced within the next two weeks so use this thread for everything World Cup - Injuries, News, Predictions.

Group A

France

Mexico

South Africa

Uruguay

Group B

Argentina

Korea Republic

Greece

Nigeria

Group C

Algeria

England

Slovenia

United States

Group D

Australia

Germany

Ghana

Serbia

Group E

Cameroon

Denmark

Japan

Netherlands

Group F

Italy

New Zealand

Paraguay

Slovakia

Group G

Brazil

Cote d'Ivoire

Korea DPR

Portugal

Group H

Chile

Honduras

Spain

Switzerland

I believe this is the first time ever where all 32 nations competing in the World Cup this year have all made it in previous years, so no new blood this year.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As usual, I'm backing the US #1 & Oranje #2 to win the whole thing.

However, I'll definitely bee keeping an eye out for the Ivory Coast & South Korea. Those will be 2 teams to watch. Plus, I expect it to be a pretty unusual World Cup. It's in Africa, and the quality of the play from the African teams has improved steadily since the 90s, to the point where teams like the Ivory Coast, Cameroon, & Ghana are actually darkhorse picks to win the whole thing. I doubt that one of these countries actually wins it all, but it could definitely happen.

Either way, I'm expecting a crazy World Cup, something like 2002.

I'm rooting for the US, and Germany. Germany always finds a way to get into the later rounds, and I'm not expecting anything different.

Everyone talks about Group G as the "Group of Death" and if you look at the FIFA Rankings it is but really I'm looking at Group D.

Australia always a good bet to make it past the group stage, Germany world power and always a threat to win, Ghana emerging team and one of the best in Africa and Serbia underrated squad that is a dark horse to win think Turkey of 2002.

But I'll take Group D as my Group of Death as Korea DPR ruin everything for me when I think Group G.

Yahoo.com has a fantasy pick 'em tournament, like the basketball format, but the World Cup will be a much Bigger Dance.

I get excited around this time of year because baseball moves into the summer, the World Cup begins June 11, NHL Stanley Cup playoffs become televised in my region, the Triple Crown - the sport of Sagittarians, and the NBA playoffs - which begins its real season.

I hope to see North Korea do well, and gain some notoriety for that giant population of isolated people, they are ranked the lowest of any other team in the tournament. However, I can't root against Chile after the earthquake, Slovakia, for ancestral immigration reasons and for appearing in the World Cup and the Olympic hockey tournament in the same year, Greece - because my sister will be there in June...and I can't root against any African nation.

Round of 16:

Mexico

South Korea

England

Germany

Cameroon

New Zealand

Brazil

Honduras

Greece

South Africa

Australia

United States

Slovakia

Netherlands

Chile

North Korea

Quarterfinals:

England

South Korea

Brazil

Cameroon

Greece

United States

Slovakia

Chile

Semifinals:

England

South Korea

Slovakia

United States

Finals:

England

United States

Third Place:

Slovakia

South Korea

The CCSLC has a 2010 World Cup Bracket Predictor group on ESPN.

Group Name: CCSLC World Cup

Password: Footy2010

Currently, there are 19 members in the group.

I'll be rooting for New Zealand and the USA.

I'll be rooting for USA and Spain with an eye on the Argies. I'm eager to see if Messi can will his side far into the World Cup.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Rooting Interest: USA, Germany, Anyone who plays those damned French a**holes

Quoted For :censored: ing Truth. That should be the Boys in Green's spot.

I'll be following the 1) good ol' US of A, 2) England, 3) Ivory Coast, 4) Australia

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I really can't wait for this to get started. I'll be cheering for USA, Poland, Ireland, whoever has the best kits each match.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I'll support my Dutch till I die, secondly it will be England. Too bad they can't meet in the final.

My Round of 16 predictions before the squad announcements.

France vs. Korea Republic

England vs. Serbia

Netherlands vs. Paraguay

Brazil vs. Switzerland

Argentina vs. Mexico

Germany vs. United States

Italy vs. Denmark

Spain vs. Ivory Coast

Group D and G will have a dog fight in every game. My rooting interests are as follows (A little different than other years because Ireland and Sweden are both out) 1. New Zealand 2. Greece 3. Australia 4. USA and 5. Whatever team has the best kits.

jNTsTyQ.png

I'll be following the 1) good ol' US of A, 2) England, 3) Ivory Coast, 4) Australia

No it shouldn't. Unfortunately as we all know, bad calls are part of any sport and to fully eliminate ANY chance of a bad call affecting the game, you need to finish off your opponent. The Henry handball play which led to the goal should not have counted, but if anyone remembers, Ireland couldn't put France away when they had the chances. And besides, the game wasn't over when Gallas scored.

Go have some Freedom Fries JQK. You can enjoy them as you catch up on all the latest happenings in the Devils' offseason.

Go France.

No it shouldn't. Unfortunately as we all know, bad calls are part of any sport and to fully eliminate ANY chance of a bad call affecting the game, you need to finish off your opponent. The Henry handball play which led to the goal should not have counted, but if anyone remembers, Ireland couldn't put France away when they had the chances. And besides, the game wasn't over when Gallas scored.

Go have some Freedom Fries JQK. You can enjoy them as you catch up on all the latest happenings in the Devils' offseason.

Go France.

Not to mention the handball Damian Duff committed to get Ireland to the Play-off in the first place. Just Sayin'

1zqy8ok.gif

Archived