2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa

NEW.ERA

ha, maradona never fails to amuse me - the sad thing is, is that his poor coaching is hurting the national squad - with the talent they have they should be one of the favourites to win it all in south africa, but i have a hard time believing that after their poor shows in qualifying. however, talent never fails and i wouldnt be surprised if they did go deep into the tournament (much like Germany in 2002 who just slipped into the tournament) - conversely a early bow out in group stages isn't too far fetched and would definitely spell the end for maradona as the national coach.

i just want this shabang to start already!

With Cambassio and Zanetti out of the line up they're making it harder for themselves. Still favourites, but I have no idea why Maradona wouldn't include them.

---------

Excited for this guy. Força.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ha, maradona never fails to amuse me - the sad thing is, is that his poor coaching is hurting the national squad - with the talent they have they should be one of the favourites to win it all in south africa, but i have a hard time believing that after their poor shows in qualifying. however, talent never fails and i wouldnt be surprised if they did go deep into the tournament (much like Germany in 2002 who just slipped into the tournament) - conversely a early bow out in group stages isn't too far fetched and would definitely spell the end for maradona as the national coach.

i just want this shabang to start already!

With Cambassio and Zanetti out of the line up they're making it harder for themselves. Still favourites, but I have no idea why Maradona wouldn't include them.

Excited for this guy, though:

Milito has been on form lately as well, so that might help em out - but totally agree with the omissions of zanetti and cambiasso - experience is just as important as ability in the world cup.

A lot of questionable picks for a lot of teams squads for this year. Guess it goes to show how good some of these national teams youth programs are.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Portugal in a tune up friendly before the World Cup decides to battle Cape Verde a team ranked 117th in the World.

They battled to 0-0 draw in Portugal.

And yes the Portuguese had the likes of Ronaldo, Deco and Nani in the lineup.

Portugal in a tune up friendly before the World Cup decides to battle Cape Verde a team ranked 117th in the World.

And Cape Verde was a former Portuguese Colony, maybe they know something about Portugal we didn't know. :D

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

not a good sign for portugal - especially after they only qualified after winning in a playoff. Furthermore, being in the "group of death" with Ivory Coast and Brazil may spell an early exit for pretty boy Ronaldo - who i have a feeling isnt 100%

not a good sign for portugal - especially after they only qualified after winning in a playoff. Furthermore, being in the "group of death" with Ivory Coast and Brazil may spell an early exit for pretty boy Ronaldo - who i have a feeling isnt 100%

Agreed. That team underachieved like crazy during qualifying (same with France, but at least Portugal didn't cheat to get in). No reason as to why a team with all of that talent should be struggling against the teams that they are. Conventional thinking says that they are going to get bounced out pretty quickly next month...but it's the World Cup. Who knows?

Czech Republic just took the lead over the US in an American tune up game.

Looks like the Czech's will get the better end of the US just like they did in Germany 4 years ago, But still lots of time to go.

2-2! Hercules Gomez with the goal and now hopefully a plane ticket to SA

So which forwards do you take? Altidore, Gomez, Buddle, ?

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Gotta be Ching.

And Cape Verde was a former Portuguese Colony, maybe they know something about Portugal we didn't know. :D

Given Portugal's 19th and 20th Century colonial history, probably homicidal fury.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Gotta be Ching.

Oh God no Ching! For me it would be Jozy ang Gomez for sure, and as for the other two, I'm not 100%

EDIT: In a related story our back 4 is a hot mess

Gotta be Ching.

Oh God no Ching! For me it would be Jozy ang Gomez for sure, and as for the other two, I'm not 100%

Well then if not Ching then Eddie Johnson.

Gotta be Ching.

#1 - Rather have Johnson.

#2 - Our back 4 was most definitely a hot mess tonight. It was all good for about 44 minutes, then it all went to hell after that.

Then again, I have to keep telling myself "This isn't the final squad. This isn't the final squad. This isn't the final squad." I'm hoping that by the time we get our actual squad in, a lot of questions & concerns will be answered. But yeah, as of right now, our defense is nowhere near ready. Hopefully that'll change quickly.

Keep in mind that most of the likely starters were sitting in the press box last night.

Say all you want about Ching--I've always said I've never been sold on him--but the man has eleven goals in forty-four international appearances. That's not a bad strike rate.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived