2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa

NEW.ERA

Italy cut Giuseppe Rossi from its World Cup roster. Doesn't make much sense to me. Rossi seemed to be the only striker with potential to be great. The rest of the strikers are pretty average. Looks like it will be more low scoring, defensive games for Italy this year.

I'm surprised they didn't put Rossi in, listing him as a 'keeper instead of De Sanctis or Marchetti.
Beecause if they did that, Rossi would have to play as a 'keeper and would be forbidden from playing in the outfield. North Korea just tried that trick with one of their strikers as a 3rd keeper, and FIFA slapped them down for it. Here's the link:

North Korea bitchslapped

North Korea's defence is quite tight, I wouldn't be surprised to see them use that striker as goalie and just play goalieless. Even so, it wouldn't be a terrible idea to play him as goalkeeper.

LvZYtbZ.png

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it too early to say that the USMNT's chances are rooted since Jozy, depending on the sources, has a "mild" sprained ankle?

Yeah, I went there. B)

They've got him as day to day.

If there's one thing that does have me a bit worried, it's the fact that the team's had to deal with a LOT of injuries. Considering the team isn't as deep as I'd want it to be (especially at forward), this is a bit of a worry. Hopefully he'll be fit once it's go-time.

Also, I am excited as hell. I really can't wait for this thing to get underway.

All I got to say about that there is...ouch.

And speaking of ouch, this one's a BIG-TIME hurtpiece: Didier Drogba suffers broken elbow during the Elephants' 2-nil victory over Japan.

Needless to say, this could deal a huge blow to the Ivory Coast's chances in the tournament. I, for one, hope it's not as serious as being reported, but right now, things ain't looking too good.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Drogba says he's out of the cup. Big blow for the Ivory Coast

In other injury news, England Captain tears knee ligaments in training, also out of the Cup. Michael Dawson called up to replace him in the squad, whilst Steven Gerrard gets the Captains armband.

As an England fan, I'm sad that Rio's going to miss out on what would likely have been his last WC tournament, but I'm very happy that Stevie G finally has the captaincy, as I felt he should have had it as soon as Beckham was stripped.

All I got to say about that there is...ouch.

And speaking of ouch, this one's a BIG-TIME hurtpiece: Didier Drogba suffers broken elbow during the Elephants' 2-nil victory over Japan.

Needless to say, this could deal a huge blow to the Ivory Coast's chances in the tournament. I, for one, hope it's not as serious as being reported, but right now, things ain't looking too good.

Ivory Coast still has plenty of players that can score in their midfield and forward positions...but yeah, it's NEVER good to lose someone like Drogba, especially considering he was the top scorer in the EPL. Also, considering how bad their defense is, they're going to need all the offensive firepower that they can get against teams like Brazil & Portugal because unless that defense comes up big, they're gonna give up goals like Lindsey Lohan exposures.

Drogba could have carried them through the Group Stage but this seriously changes that yeah they have a good team but Drogba made them great.

They can still possibly hang with Portugal to make it out.

Hopefully the Oranje can stay healthy against Hungary tomorrow, I expect Big Burt to play majority subs tomorrow.

EDIT WOW:

French media sources have performed a swift u-turn on the news that Didier Drogba has been ruled out of the World Cup after sustaining a fractured elbow in a friendly. Reports are now suggesting that the striker will undergo minor surgery and return within ten days.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

That's a terrible break for the Ivory Coast. He was the best player in Africa, basically.

Also, last match before the world cup, France loses to China 1-0. On a French island. With their world cup squad.

EDIT: Theres video of Drogba getting hurt. The Japanese player jumped for a ball, and his shin collided with Drogba's arm.

That's a terrible break for the Ivory Coast. He was the best player in Africa, basically.

Also, last match before the world cup, France loses to China 1-0. On a French island. With their world cup squad.

EDIT: Theres video of Drogba getting hurt. The Japanese player jumped for a ball, and his shin collided with Drogba's arm.

BEST!!

China is making it a goal to qualify for 2014, A country of that size it's surprising they've only qualified for one World Cup.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

It's still weird to me to see JQK supporting soccer.

I've really come around on soccer, and try to watch as much as i can. EPL, MLS, Cup Qualifiers, Champions League. Once i got into it, like most things, i now can't get enough of it...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Is there some sort of rule against wearing a cast?

Not that I'm complaining, makes the Ivory Coast look a little less intimidating without Drogba.

When I saw on the ESPN bottom line that Drogba planned on not playing I was really surprised. I understand it's a significant injury but hell, I've had kids on my club team play with broken arms- this is the World Cup. As long as he has some soft padded covering over the cast I'd think he'd be allowed to play.

This result is an unfair indication of France, I watched the game and France was dominant, just couldn't score, which is a problem though...

This result is an unfair indication of France, I watched the game and France was dominant, just couldn't score, which is a problem though...

France shouldn't even be going...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Considering that France has been pulling this act since the Qualifying rounds, added with the extremely dubious way that they got into the World Cup, this performance only makes it easier to criticize and scrutinize France. The way this team has been playing, I really wouldn't be surprised if they were one of the earlier eliminations from the group stages. They can dominate the run of play all they want, but they haven't been able to get a good result on a consistent basis since the 2006 World Cup.

Then there's the argument that they shouldn't even be there in the first place, but that's another story for another day. :P

France shouldn't even be going...

If he hasn't already, Theirry Henry can set about eating a bag of dicks any time now.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

As a relatively new football convert, I'm happy to see the mainstream media picking up on more soccer now that the World Cup is on its way. The WaPo is churning out lots of great content. I cant wait for this thing to start.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Archived