2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa

NEW.ERA

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah the vuvuzelas are starting to bug me. Really bad.

Like I could stand it for the South Africa game, because that's their schtick. But even in that game, when South Africa scored, the noise level never went up. It was just a constant buzz. There was no resounding "YEAH!" really showing they scored. They just kept blowing those things.

FIFA should have stepped up like they were considering and make it only for the South Africa games.

I don't know if I can do a full month of that.

Hell, I'm curious as to how the players feel about that? Always playing with this constant buzz? Does it annoy them, or do they not even notice?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

It's tradition and it always has been long before the Confederations Cup and World Cup came to South Africa.

They're annoying but get used to them, They'll be at every match. :P

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Like I could stand it for the South Africa game, because that's their schtick. But even in that game, when South Africa scored, the noise level never went up. It was just a constant buzz. There was no resounding "YEAH!" really showing they scored. They just kept blowing those things.

FIFA should have stepped up like they were considering and make it only for the South Africa games.

Hell, I'm curious as to how the players feel about that? Always playing with this constant buzz? Does it annoy them, or do they not even notice?

They weren't banned because FIFA heeded the South African federation's call for them "not to Europeanize an African World Cup." So yeah, the vuvuzelas are there to stay.

The players are hit-or-miss. Some like it, some don't care, then some are like Xabi Alonso and called for a ban. I say keep em, if you want an authentic African World Cup, then you've gotta roll with the punches and the Vuvuzelas are one of the punches. :P

I suppose a ban on the vuvuzelas would've been like telling the South Korean fans not to bring thundersticks to the stadium.

Since I live in a country which is nowhere near good enough to qualify, I have no idea who I will be cheering for. Maybe I'll jump on the Dutch bandwagon.

You can always go for the U.S.

Canada's Pants

I would like to see the US do fairly well in the tournament, as well as all the other CONCACAF countries, but I don't think I could bring myself to actually cheer for them as "my" team. :P

That being said, after sleeping on it, I am hereby officially on the Dutch bandwagon.

They weren't banned because FIFA heeded the South African federation's call for them "not to Europeanize an African World Cup." So yeah, the vuvuzelas are there to stay.

The players are hit-or-miss. Some like it, some don't care, then some are like Xabi Alonso and called for a ban. I say keep em, if you want an authentic African World Cup, then you've gotta roll with the punches and the Vuvuzelas are one of the punches. :P

I suppose a ban on the vuvuzelas would've been like telling the South Korean fans not to bring thundersticks to the stadium.

I would much rather hear thundersticks for every game. At least those sound exciting. These sound like a sad, dying elephant.

Henry on for Annelka? France really are happy with just a draw

EDIT: Now, Malouda on for Gourcuff, seriously what the :censored: is Domenech doing

EDITX2: Malouda is a good player, but if you're gonna bring him on this late, don't bring him on for another player who could help you score....

Archived