2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa

NEW.ERA

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is germany that good or australia bad?

combination of both. The Germans are very good this year.

I'd been hearing that the Germans are in a down year...if this is a down year for the Germans, then wow.

I echo lordskeletor's sentiments. It'd be best for the US to not have to go through Germany, if their form continues like this.

Well it may be safe to say Australia's tournament won't be an extended stay.

Losing Cahill for the next match plus facing a hungry Ghanaian squad it's going to be tough for the Socceroos.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

On the USA front - Tim Howard will be "evaluated" to determine his fitness for the next game against Slovenia - rumour has it he may have suffered broken ribs following the collision with Heskey last night.

I dont need to harp on about how big of a blow this would be to the US, lets just say Howard came up big yesterday.

Well it may be safe to say Australia's tournament won't be an extended stay.

Losing Cahill for the next match plus facing a hungry Ghanaian squad it's going to be tough for the Socceroos.

I suspect the Socceroos might be going without him for the rest of the way, that could be a two match ban.

LvZYtbZ.png

Germany has gotten a whopping 5.3 goals per game their last 3 times opening up the World Cup.(8-0 over the Saudis in '02, 4-2 over Costa Rica in '06, and 4-0 this year)

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Is germany that good or australia bad?

Honestly, in my opinion, 75% Australia were bad, 25% Germany were good. Certainly I think the Aussies looked past there prime. Germany certainly looked good but I don't think they were really tested at all.

Cahill did get scr*w*d by the ref mind, but even still without a targetman like Viduka to hold up play I am not sure Cahill is as effective for the Aussies as he should be.

The Germans were good but I think the slow ageing Australian defence were a good match up for them. It would be interesting to see the Germans against a fitter, quicker defence and a better counter attack. I think the US wouldn't be quite so over matched as the Aussies were.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

What the Germans did to the Socceroos today is what I like to call a 'Straight Up Ass Whooping'.

Seeing this and how inept towards the end of their game Serbia was today, then you might as well pray whatever deity they worship out there because Serbia is going to be sent behind the same woodshed the Aussies were sent to.

And the scary part? The real big guns haven't started yet... Italy, Brazil, The Netherlands, Portugal, Spain. This are the big fish in this pond and Germany proved today that they can still swim with those big fish.

The German part of me is very excited today. I thought Schweinsteiger was terrific, Ozil was great, Kadiera was great. I'm rooting for USA, but I think I'll be breaking out the Germany kit deep in to the tournament this year.

Needles to say my Mannschaft is quite happy.

*cue rimshot*

Its a shame that the Netherlands game is on at 5 in the morning here, as I would have loved to watch it.

Do you have Bold?

You can watch it at 3:45 and CBC may show it later as their match of the day.

Well, there is a certain Danish player that will be hated in Denmark after he knocked it in his own net, giving the Oranje a 1-0 lead.

There have been some very dumb moments so far in the World Cup, but an own goal tops everything else out there.

I guess because of the fact that Germany set the bar so high last night, some would think that Oranje looked less-than-impressive in a 2-0 win over Denmark. Yeah, they dominated possession and yeah they weren't really threatened for most of the game, but the offensive finishing was terrible. They were lucky that Paulsen gifted them an own goal, but the Dutch really didn't get going until they subbed in Elia and moved Kuyt closer to the top. As soon as they did that, they began to look more enterprising on the attack which led to Elia hitting the post after a great run, and Kuyt cleaning it up for the 2nd goal. Elia has really proven through qualifying and in this game that he is a very valuable piece to the Oranje, and a great spark off of the bench.

Other than the fact that most of the strikers looked rusty in their finishing, I've got no complaints. Good win for Netherlands. How about Japan, though? I don't think anybody expected them to start off with a win...but Cameroon didn't look good at all in a 4-3-3. Still, the Blue Samurai deserved the victory, and now they've got a pretty good shot at getting out of the group.

Japan stunned me and lookout for this Honda fellow made a name for himself playing at CSKA Moscow. That was probably the first upset of the tournament so far.

As for the Oranje 1st half was one to forget but the second they really showed what this team can do and I've been saying this for a while now, Eljero Elia IS the future of Dutch Football.

HUP HOLLAND HUP!

Archived