2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa

NEW.ERA

Okay, so I was off by 2 goals on Brazil's part, but who would of guessed that North Korea would score a goal at all?

Considering how bad Portugal looked today, could North Korea exact some form of revenge for what happened 44 years ago?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely everyone in North Korea, will be watching a 1-0 North Korea win later today ^_^

Either that or the commentators can say Brazil cheated the entire game and the refs were bribed by those Imperialist puppets who conspired to shut North Korea out. However, because of the will, the glory, and the power of the Dear Leader, they could not shut them out... ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

So the announcers have just informed us that the group of North Korea fans in red that are feverishly waving the North Korean flags are actually paid, handpicked actors from China.

Those crazy North Koreans. :P

EDIT: Now you can say 'Those poor North Koreans.' 2-0 off of a great goal from Elano, with the help of two great passes. Then Elano gets subbed off immediately afterwards. Hilarious.

Communists are nuts.

So the announcers have just informed us that the group of North Korea fans in red that are feverishly waving the North Korean flags are actually paid, handpicked actors from China.

EDIT: Now you can say 'Those poor North Koreans.' 2-0 off of a great goal from Elano, with the help of two great passes. Then Elano gets subbed off immediately afterwards. Hilarious.

Communists are nuts.

If the Penguins win one more at home and one more on the road, they have a good chance of moving on.

Communists are nuts.

That is because nobody is allowed to leave North Korea ever.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

This is quite the shell shocker. The Swiss took advantage of a pile up near the Spanish net and there you go.

What this does to Spain remains to be seen, but if I'm Honduras or Chile I would be thinking about learning what the Swiss did to knock off Spain because another loss for Spain and La Furia Roja will be La Toasted Roja.

Typical Spain to underperform in a World Cup, yet again. While Switzerland came in with an excellent strategy (putting most of their players in defense, but still keeping 2 attackers up front, which paid dividends with that GWG) & executed it to the best of their abilities and gets all the credit in the world, this is still Typical Spain, as far as the World Cup is concerned. Spain had 25 shots, 5 on goal, 2 golden chances and still didn't get a single goal.

Now they're up against it after the first game. Any draw from this point on barely keeps them alive, and any loss basically kills them. They no longer control their own destiny, now they've gotta take care of their business (like they should've done tonight) and hope that things fall their way. Either way, terrible way for the "favorites" to start.

Once again, though. Congrats to the Swiss. They basically told Spain "We ain't no damn Poland. 6-0 my ass." :P

The tournament is finally turning around..... Great Group G action yesterday and today has been very good Switzerland/Spain was the best match so far.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

The tournament is finally turning around..... Great Group G action yesterday and today has been very good Switzerland/Spain was the best match so far.

Not yet as the first 16 games had only 25 goals. That is the least since the field expanded to 32 teams.

2006-39 goals

2002-46 goals (Germany did have a 8-0 win)

1998-37 goals

Sometimes, goals doesn't necessarily equal excitement unless you're just watching the highlights...but I do understand what you're getting at there. However, I think the 2nd round of games in the group stages are going to be much more open. These teams that got draws in the first games are now going to be playing for the win, since another draw won't help them much. It's going to start opening up, and the contenders are going to start to show themselves. Very timid start to the World Cup though...aside from Germany, who just said ":censored: this, we're kicking ass right now."

Typical Spain to underperform in a World Cup, yet again. While Switzerland came in with an excellent strategy (putting most of their players in defense, but still keeping 2 attackers up front, which paid dividends with that GWG) & executed it to the best of their abilities and gets all the credit in the world, this is still Typical Spain, as far as the World Cup is concerned. Spain had 25 shots, 5 on goal, 2 golden chances and still didn't get a single goal.

Now they're up against it after the first game. Any draw from this point on barely keeps them alive, and any loss basically kills them. They no longer control their own destiny, now they've gotta take care of their business (like they should've done tonight) and hope that things fall their way. Either way, terrible way for the "favorites" to start.

Once again, though. Congrats to the Swiss. They basically told Spain "We ain't no damn Poland. 6-0 my ass." :P

Spain absolutely does control its own destiny. If Spain beats their next two opponents by a lot, they will have 6 points and the highest goal differential. Either Switzerland will win out and have 9 points, leaving Spain all alone in second place to advance to the knockout round, or Switzerland will lose to Chile and beat Honduras leaving three teams with six points. Even if Spain doesn't blow out their next two opponents, it's rare to not make it to the next round with six points. Spain is very much alive, even after this shocker.

I don't think Spain is done yet, I'm not sure that they won't still win the group. I can easily see Spain beating Chile and Chile beating Switzerland, then it would come down to GD, then if they get to the knockout stage, all it takes is getting on a roll. The France team of 06 didn't exactly have a great result against Switzerland in thier first game either.

Spain absolutely does control its own destiny. If Spain beats their next two opponents by a lot, they will have 6 points and the highest goal differential. Either Switzerland will win out and have 9 points, leaving Spain all alone in second place to advance to the knockout round, or Switzerland will lose to Chile and beat Honduras leaving three teams with six points. Even if Spain doesn't blow out their next two opponents, it's rare to not make it to the next round with six points. Spain is very much alive, even after this shocker.

Oh yeah, nobody's saying that they're dead, just that their road just got a little bit tougher. I guess I was just focusing too much on them winning the group, which would take a LOT of good fortune for them to do. As far as getting out of the group, they still have a good shot at that. Still a bad way to start off the campaign, though.

Archived