2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa

NEW.ERA

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spain = San Jose Sharks of soccer

:blink:

Didn't they just win Euro 2008. What have the Sharks ever won?

yeah Euro 2008 is a major tournament but it's not the World Cup

Oh. So you're saying Spain is the San Jose Sharks of the World Cup. Gotcha. ;)

6uXNWAo.png

All 32 teams have played, So here are the potential matchups after the 1st game. (I followed all of the tiebreakers, for any taht were still tied, I went by who would be considered the better team(s)

Mexico-Argentina

Slovenia-Ghana

Netherlands-Paraguay

Brazil-Switzerland

South Korea-South Africa

Germany-England

Italy-Japan

Chile-Portugal

Which, IMO would lead to these matches for the rest of the tournament

Argentina-Ghana

Netherlands-Brazil

South Korea-Germany

Italy-Portugal

Argentina-Brazil

Germany-Italy

Final:

Brazil-Germany

The dip on that Forlan finish reminds me of Joe Cole's incredible goal against Sweden in 2006.

Forlan's shot took a deflection which may have aided the dip. But in real time I thought we caught a glimpse of what all the hype surrounding the jubalani wax aboout.

Can someone please tell the Uruguay manager that their star striker, shouldn't take a free kick from an angle thats fairly impossible to score from. I think it might be a little better if Forlan was, you know, trying to get on the end of those <_<

So the announcers have just informed us that the group of North Korea fans in red that are feverishly waving the North Korean flags are actually paid, handpicked actors from China.

Those crazy North Koreans. :P

EDIT: Now you can say 'Those poor North Koreans.' 2-0 off of a great goal from Elano, with the help of two great passes. Then Elano gets subbed off immediately afterwards. Hilarious.

Communists are nuts.

That is because nobody is allowed to leave North Korea ever.

Im aware, they are crazy for that, and wasting money on Chinese Actors

So the announcers have just informed us that the group of North Korea fans in red that are feverishly waving the North Korean flags are actually paid, handpicked actors from China.

Those crazy North Koreans. :P

EDIT: Now you can say 'Those poor North Koreans.' 2-0 off of a great goal from Elano, with the help of two great passes. Then Elano gets subbed off immediately afterwards. Hilarious.

Communists are nuts.

That is because nobody is allowed to leave North Korea ever.

Im aware, they are crazy for that, and wasting money on Chinese Actors

So does that mean the players are Chinese rejects?

I saw, I came, I left.

Typical Spain to underperform in a World Cup, yet again. While Switzerland came in with an excellent strategy (putting most of their players in defense, but still keeping 2 attackers up front, which paid dividends with that GWG) & executed it to the best of their abilities and gets all the credit in the world, this is still Typical Spain, as far as the World Cup is concerned. Spain had 25 shots, 5 on goal, 2 golden chances and still didn't get a single goal.

Now they're up against it after the first game. Any draw from this point on barely keeps them alive, and any loss basically kills them. They no longer control their own destiny, now they've gotta take care of their business (like they should've done tonight) and hope that things fall their way. Either way, terrible way for the "favorites" to start.

Once again, though. Congrats to the Swiss. They basically told Spain "We ain't no damn Poland. 6-0 my ass." :P

Spain absolutely does control its own destiny. If Spain beats their next two opponents by a lot, they will have 6 points and the highest goal differential. Either Switzerland will win out and have 9 points, leaving Spain all alone in second place to advance to the knockout round, or Switzerland will lose to Chile and beat Honduras leaving three teams with six points. Even if Spain doesn't blow out their next two opponents, it's rare to not make it to the next round with six points. Spain is very much alive, even after this shocker.

Don't forget, they would probably get Brazil if they get 2nd

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Can someone please tell the Uruguay manager that their star striker, shouldn't take a free kick from an angle thats fairly impossible to score from. I think it might be a little better if Forlan was, you know, trying to get on the end of those <_<

The last goal might give you an answer as to why forlan is the guy delievering in those balls.

Uruguay looked really good. I didn't pick the individual games in the Pick Em on account of laziness (:P) but I did have Uruguay going through to the next round. I'm feeling really good about that pick now.

Poor South Africa, though. 1 game left for them and they'll need a large amount of help to get through to the next round...not that anybody expected them to do anything else other than what they're doing, but I guess it sucked to see all of those fans leaving so dejectedly & to hear the now-strange sound of no vuvuzelas, especially after that PK goal.

Archived